care to intro a nice fish to me ?

Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, Sailfin Tang? Pick one. :)

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

• SRC Member

tangs ... can any bro advice on them ? i tried BT last time .. medium size one ... it caught itch ... then i managed to save it ... but then it caught something i couldnt identify .. and died ... abit scared of tangs ... which tang is more resistant ?

• SRC Member

most tangs are always prone to ich and other diseases, but you can still try the hardier ones! like the sailfin tangs and bristletooth tang.

or you would like to try anthias, some species are rather easy to maintain and all of them are reef safe! :D

• SRC Member

Try a Chevron Tang - nice red fish and algae eater...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

hope i dun piss any bros off .. but any other things to suggest other than tangs or angels ... i think i only wanna attempt them only after ive got a few more years of experience on my belt ..

• SRC Member

If you are looking for something small, a RG is a nice fish to have, brillant colours and they stay small. A group of blue-eyes anthias makes a fascinating sight and they are pretty easy anthias to keep. A pair of percs perhaps? Or a single lionfish, heard they are pretty disease resistant. Well, there are lots to choose from. Go visit some sites, do abit of research....liveaquaria is a nice site to check out the fishes, they even list their difficulty. Not a bad place to start. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

royal gramma is gd lah... not sure if pr still hv the loreta but iwana 's brazil shipment coming so not bad oso lah

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

why not make a trip to any LFS yourself and take a look at the fishes and see if there are any one that you really like? it would be better since you will get to see the fish itself and the "real" one rather describing to you.

• SRC Member

i agree with panzz tt i should go to the LFS ... but i wanna do some research first mah ... if not will be like when i purchased 3 golden trevallies from iwarna ... din know they will outgrow my 55 gallon tank.. im interested in the grammas ... are they agressive ..? also i thought of this .. instead of having a main attraction ... maybe i should focus on diversity ... and have more different species of smaller fish... would tt be nice ? i was thinking of adding a black cap ( are the hard to get ) and 2 or 3 banggai cardinals next ..

• 3 weeks later...