Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

eh bro, where u stay? i ask me n friend go, u pay us $20 lim kopi, haha. the rest u get friends or what to come help la.

the tank can remove from cabinet right?

like that shouldn't be too heavy la. where u stay ? i go over take a look.

• SRC Member
Bro jemarcus, I am at Bukit Timah Plaza high rise. Tank can be removed from cabinet. I think main tank alone is around 100+ kg.

bro, you might want to give SG Bro a call....i'm got them to move my 4.5 footer...they only came with 2 strong young chap...and move it up 3 flights of narrow steps.....!!!!! needless to say, its cheap....

I think your case would be chicken feet to them....

(PS: your sure or not main tank 100kg+....you remember to take out the rocks...:D :D :D)

Bro KennethK you are right sg bro said need 8 persons to go through window. Bro jemarcus and Bro tineng, I recalled my secondary school physics and did a calculation of the tank weight:

Approx densidy of glass d = 2600 kg/m^3

Total tank area: s = (4 x 2.5 x 2 + 2.5 x 2.5 x 2 + 4 x 2.5 + 0.9 x 2.5 x 2) = 47 ft^2 = 4.3663 m^2

Glass thickness h = 12 mm = 0.012 m

Total tank weight = d x s x h = 2600 x 4.3663 x 0.012 = 136.22856 kg

The above weight does not include the weight of glass bars sticked around the top of the tank. I think the actual total weight will be closed to 145 kg. :-)

hi bro, i think this tank set really gd la... n u already paid $100+ for e transport... n if u sell at e price u bought or lower, still a loss... so let e loss be a loss n just loss a littl more by getting sg bro help u carry in thru window la... or u get about 8 to 10 of ur frens to help u la, then buy for them pizza which will cost about $150... :P think about it bro, i dun think gd to sell away a nice set... :D

My suggestion, go down to your blk and find some banglah, tell them u need 6 - 8 people to move the tank through the window. Tell them each person will get $10. I think they are more happy to shift it for you.

I stay at not lift level, last time ask 2 banglah + me n my friend carry a 5ft (12mm) glass go down 3 floor and shift into my flat and each of them get $10 as promised. Time taken shorter than 20 mins and they even help me adjust the tank on cabinet.

Try it lor .... since u spend so much $$ n time to get it.

Heavy item to them is ok but to us always stay in the office touching keyboard is no easy.

My suggestion, go down to your blk and find some banglah, tell them u need 6 - 8 people to move the tank through the window. Tell them each person will get $10. I think they are more happy to shift it for you.

I stay at not lift level, last time ask 2 banglah + me n my friend carry a 5ft (12mm) glass go down 3 floor and shift into my flat and each of them get $10 as promised. Time taken shorter than 20 mins and they even help me adjust the tank on cabinet.

Try it lor .... since u spend so much $$ n time to get it.

Heavy item to them is ok but to us always stay in the office touching keyboard is no easy.

i agree with what bro hii say... if thats possible that would save u money... :D

Thanks bros for the suggestions of moving the tank. I am now keen on getting a 5ft FOT from a bro so my 4ft must go. As not many ppl interested in getting as a full set, i now start the individual sale.

450 for the tank, cabinet, sump and hood. Add 100 for lights. Anyone?

banglah so easy to find meh?

$10 is cheap labour la, but if they suddenly drop, who pay? lol.

I think $10 each for them is a extra cash lor .. can drink tiger beer later... last time I just go to the wet market behind my flat and a lot people there just target one and ask lar ...

I dont think they will drop half way lar ... if the tank drop than maybe will hit them and you think they don't bother their life meh...

Finding banglahs shouldn't be a problem for me. There is an construction site opposite my place, I can go there to ask the construction workers for help. My concern is how do they life the glass tank from the cabinet. You know professional delivery guys they have suckers to lift the tank, but the workers will do this by bare hands. In order to lift the tank, they need to push hard on the glass to create enough friction. I am just afraid that such force will cause the tank to crash.

Thanks bros for the suggestions of moving the tank. I am now keen on getting a 5ft FOT from a bro so my 4ft must go. As not many ppl interested in getting as a full set, i now start the individual sale.

450 for the tank, cabinet, sump and hood. Add 100 for lights. Anyone?

Hi, Plum

I have PM you on my interest on your tank but have yet to hear from you. Can view the tank?

Cheers

David Yong

• SRC Member
Finding banglahs shouldn't be a problem for me. There is an construction site opposite my place, I can go there to ask the construction workers for help. My concern is how do they life the glass tank from the cabinet. You know professional delivery guys they have suckers to lift the tank, but the workers will do this by bare hands. In order to lift the tank, they need to push hard on the glass to create enough friction. I am just afraid that such force will cause the tank to crash.

bro: just a word of caution, banglahs are not professional..they just want to finish the job fast and get paid...i used them to move my tank from my room upstairs to my dinning area downstairs...tank size 5x2x2.5' 12mm. They almost dropped it but i have to guide them every inch of the way cos i still remember how it was carried into my room.Just my five cents worth...all the best bro... :bow:

As fish are caught in a cruel net or birds are taken in a snare,so men are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them.Ecc 9:12