What is your ambient water temperature?

My Nano Cube + 150W MH rose to 32ºC at one point (while cycling). So I quickly (not much choice really) bought a Teco RA240. Now temperature maintained at 26.5ºC - 28ºC. My LS seems happy... can't imagine them boiling in 32ºC water... surely die one.

If you are keeping fish only, then it's ok (I think). The fish tank at Reborn (2nd level) is always 33ºC. They keep some large fishes like angels there.

IMO high temperature not only affect your LS but a lot of other related conditions. Oxygen level for one is affected by temperature. I think a lot of other parameters are also temperature dependent. So, if you fishes died, not necessarily coz they are hot, but degraded water conditions in general... my 2 cents.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

With the current weather, your tank can easily get up 31C... A few days back, i forgotten to put back my Fans when i was arranging some corals and it rose to 30C...

Luckily i noticed it and place it back... If not i guess the corals might be boiled liao...

Other months, the ambient temp is 28-29C without fans...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
Anyone experienced massive die-off when this happens?

yes. 90% all coral die.

34 degree without lighting. 3 Pump running 24hrs.

reason. the chiller hose drop off and so happen that i oversea 3 days.

My wife don't know abt chiller. when i back, left afew fishes and alot dead fishes.

My wife scare to take those body out. MEAN every smelly too.....

yes. 90% all coral die.

34 degree without lighting. 3 Pump running 24hrs.

reason. the chiller hose drop off and so happen that i oversea 3 days.

My wife don't know abt chiller. when i back, left afew fishes and alot dead fishes.

My wife scare to take those body out. MEAN every smelly too.....

Oh man! What a disaster... next time teach your wife what to do la... tell her, once she spotted dead fish in the tank... do the following steps 1, 2, 3... but again, more easily said than done.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Remember this:

Most corals will start to expel zooxathellae once the temperatures are above 30 degrees

But from personal experience, I find that 27-28 degrees suit the corals quite well

Colder temperatures should also be avoided as the corals will be stressed ;)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Hi

My temp is also around 31 degrees now with additional pumps added. Fishes are ok though, but i find inverts' lifespan not as long as when my temp is below 30 degrees...

:thanks:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Hi

My temp is also around 31 degrees now with additional pumps added. Fishes are ok though, but i find inverts' lifespan not as long as when my temp is below 30 degrees...

:thanks:

Inverts and corals are much more sensitive to water temperature than fishes. 31 degrees in my humble opinion is suitable for a fish only tank, inverts and corals will not last long in that temperature range.

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Yalor... last night very hot... my tank 27ºC... my room 30ºC, lol... how I wish I'm my fishies instead... damn good live :angry:

mine can go up to 34degree celcius with one extrema, aquamedic PH2000 and seio 620

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

i'mnot trying to be nasty but hope the reefers could be more responsible for their action.... if u wana keep coral, install a good and strong fan at least.... with good air vendalation (lower humidity to increase the evaporation) the water temp should be below 30 deg. A chiller is a better choice in long run.... chiller price drop a lot recently, a taiwanese brand new chiller could be pruchase below $500 easily....

i'mnot trying to be nasty but hope the reefers could be more responsible for their action.... if u wana keep coral, install a good and strong fan at least.... with good air vendalation (lower humidity to increase the evaporation) the water temp should be below 30 deg. A chiller is a better choice in long run.... chiller price drop a lot recently, a taiwanese brand new chiller could be pruchase below $500 easily....

IMO , the only downside of Ac fan is that they are too noisy and causes lotsa evaporation . but comsumption os electricity and cost is minimal

chiller is expensive which coast at least 300 SGD for a resun CL280 and absorb lotsa electricity. but it prevent excessive evaporation and more reliable.

i switch from a fan to chiller since then.

fan can cool to 27 degree on a good day

chiller can cool to 26 degree .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10