Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Algae is hitting my tank... so predictable... luckily reduced PO4 significantly ;) Still blooming... my BT is so busy now... swimming up and down, nipping right and left :nc:

post-34-1145188022.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Slurp .... Love the zoos ....

Ha ha, the image of a starving BT on a buffet makes me laugh.

Algae bloom ah.... I think its a phase that all have to go thru.

Not very sure but seems that way. All the best.

(need to borrow my 2inch bt? My tank no algae. Sure can help U.) :lol:

Haha... no need borrow, later cannot catch it to return to you :P

Yalor... must go through... here's another pix to show how serious the bloom is getting... that piece of skeleton was "whitish" yesterday :unsure:

post-34-1145189042.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

hey Jervis,

can share if there's any significant drop in nitrate after using the Seachem De*nitrator?

thanks!

Ok I will surely post the result... stay tune... however according to Seachem, it will take a few days to see result... :pinch: should've started using it earlier.

Here's a treat to all of you!!!

CLEARLY TWO IS BETTER THAN ONE!!!

Clean clecn fin, clean clean fin, clean clean gills, clean clean gills, clean clean tail, clean clean tail... uClean!!! :idea:

post-34-1145198731.jpg

Q1: The polyps on the right (new specimen) have longer tentacles because of? Is it a different species?

Q2: My old specimen has shorter tentacles coz they have too much light?

Q3: If I am to let the polyps spread on my LR, will it affect my SPS planting later? Most probably I will find room and epoxy my SPS over the polyped LR. Will the polyps interfere with the branched SPS?

:thanks: in advance.

There are different morphs and varients with Zoos... Too many to name... Some are same color but have different pattern...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
CLEARLY TWO IS BETTER THAN ONE!!!

Clean clecn fin, clean clean fin, clean clean gills, clean clean gills, clean clean tail, clean clean tail... uClean!!! :idea:

Wow. Team work :pinch:

• SRC Member
hey Jervis,

can share if there's any significant drop in nitrate after using the Seachem De*nitrator?

thanks!

dont bother w this seachem product (zeolit base). it does not work at all. I used as per instructed and have no effects.

I also tried seachem Purigen (resin base), it does not work also.

Cheap as this product maybe, but the effect is just not the effort and money

Sori to hijack this tread.

dont bother w this seachem product (zeolit base). it does not work at all. I used as per instructed and have no effects.

I also tried seachem Purigen (resin base), it does not work also.

Cheap as this product maybe, but the effect is just not the effort and money

Sori to hijack this tread.

Thanks bro for your first-hand experiences... at least I don't have too high hope when I test the water tonight... better do water change then.

Hv u tried AZNO3?

No... saw it at AM, very costly and looks like very potent to me... there's a note in the front label:

"If you notice LS breathing erratically... stop using the product"... so not sure lo :nc:

• SRC Member

No... saw it at AM, very costly and looks like very potent to me... there's a note in the front label:

"If you notice LS breathing erratically... stop using the product"... so not sure lo :nc:

AM selling pretty x! I got mine at C328, cheaperby $7! :P

Hv 2 b patient when using this product as it's better to under dose then ober! ;)

Since mine is not overly critical atm... perhaps I will monitor it closely... with water change tonight... see if it will bring it down to 10mg/L. Previously 15mg/L. I would save up for a proper equipment instead as all these dosing is not in my original plan :nc:

• SRC Member

no la... where got.. the last time i checked, which was like 3 weeks ago, its only by 3 bucks. where got soo much....

i dunno, but if i were to get the bottle, i will choose AM... aircon, really nice people, very pretty dog... haha... AM rox la!

no la... where got.. the last time i checked, which was like 3 weeks ago, its only by 3 bucks. where got soo much....

i dunno, but if i were to get the bottle, i will choose AM... aircon, really nice people, very pretty dog... haha... AM rox la!

True lah... although I am not an AM supporter (yet)... I do get discount sometimes and also that "HMV" style-chop card... hehe... almost full leh! :lol:

For me the air-con makes a difference... another very important thing is they are "smoke" free. I already encountered 2 LFS smoking like crazy in their shop!!! 1 in air-con some more... I have to pay... "kena" torture... I think they should all understand the simple concept of "customer respect". :lol:

Btw, I forbid smoking in the office, lol. I only hire non-smokers :blink:

• SRC Member
Algae is hitting my tank... so predictable... luckily reduced PO4 significantly ;) Still blooming... my BT is so busy now... swimming up and down, nipping right and left :nc:

<_< BT where are u

• SRC Member

True lah... although I am not an AM supporter (yet)... I do get discount sometimes and also that "HMV" style-chop card... hehe... almost full leh! :lol:

For me the air-con makes a difference... another very important thing is they are "smoke" free. I already encountered 2 LFS smoking like crazy in their shop!!! 1 in air-con some more... I have to pay... "kena" torture... I think they should all understand the simple concept of "customer respect". :lol:

Btw, I forbid smoking in the office, lol. I only hire non-smokers :blink:

haha, i am a non-smoker too... are you in need for any interns in any case? hahaha...

Not at the moment... u better focus on ur exams!!! :blink: But do you guys hate LFS that smokes? Or is it just me? <_<

• SRC Member
Not at the moment... u better focus on ur exams!!! :blink: But do you guys hate LFS that smokes? Or is it just me? <_<

Yup me too! You are not alone. I always stare at their cigarette butt end cos i so afraid the ash would somehow land in the tank water. I wont want get stuff from that tank if so happens. Oops :off:

Yup me too! You are not alone. I always stare at their cigarette butt end cos i so afraid the ash would somehow land in the tank water. I wont want get stuff from that tank if so happens. Oops :off:

Yeah agree!!! We should start a thread re this issue... perhaps the LFS can read about our feelings... but again I don't think they care... they don't care about their family... why the fishes... why the customes? :erm:

• SRC Member

Auntie at C328 give me more discount mah! :heh:

• SRC Member

I think the problem boils down to basic respect for non-smoker like us! I won't stop my friend from smoking as it's their freedom to do so, but I think all smoker needs to understand that there are oso non-smoker ard and we have our reason for not taking up smoking. ;)

But there are still sm smoker who know when they shd light up their cigarette when there's non-smoker ard! :lol:

Ok let's get back on track... the Orange Rhodactis that bro Terryz sold me is still alive and kicking :D Doesn't grow much though <_<

post-34-1145283603.jpg

Hitchhikers (top left) that come with my Clove Polyps. Started with 3 to 4 polyps... now a growing colony :peace: Can someone help ID it?

The Parazoanthus (yellow tentacle ones) do sting right? Should I remove them? Hopefully I can remove them safely and attach to somewhere else <_<

post-34-1145283833.jpg