Being accused for STEALING !!!

borinz

• SRC Member

i was on my way with my GF to Iwarna for the tonga shipment abt 5pm 29/4/05. so after Iwarna i passed by Lot 35(ah beng) and decided to go in have a look. Well there was alot of stuff so we took quite a long time walking here and there. Eventually i bought a feather duster. after tat we went back in to have a second round to see whether we did miss out any good buy.. i was attracted by thires coco worms and stood there for quite somethime.. due to the stormy weather, i decided to leave without buying.. and juz after i paid for the feather duster and stepped out the the shop, a staff there stopped us and checked our bag. He suspected us for stealing LS. i dun mind letting him check but he approached us in a very bad manner!! :angry: he force to open my bag. and he is a male stuff how could he check my GF bag. my GF was shocked by his way of approach and afraid of goin fish shop with me after this.

after he searched our bags, and found notting. he reply us nvm then and with a very unhappy SORRY.. i was to mit my friend so i went off very unhappily. i told my friend abt tat and he told us to go back for a clarification. when we went back he look at us in a very attitude way.. i approach him, askin him for a very sincere sorry. but wat he said was "very sorry la, wat u want mi to do." he as said tat he give us face by askin to go to a corner (juz beside his maindoor) for checking. i asked him why did he suspect us for stealing. he said he have been eyeing us since last time.. (maybe i was still a student n they think i cannot afford to buy ;) )

i have been supporting thier shop since i started marine and bought lotz of stuff from them beore. and nw wat i get from thier shop is not a regular customer but a suspect. i feel so disappointed being thier customer. who can tell mi whether i should continue to support them..

what i think is tat they should not check customer bags with out any evidence. if they want to check customer bag at least ask in better manner..or they should juz call the police..i hope fellow reefers here will not mit up with this kind of incident.

what i want is juz sincere apology.. i really hope tis will feedback to the staffs and the boss should do something about this. and they should approach customer in proper manner. :angry:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is absurb...

:look:

an sincere apologise is needed .

so what u are just a student ,

it is bad enough to be wrongly accussed , further more taunted with bad manner apology.

having all said that , i believe this is a one off incident . live and let go . sometime they do bring in some good stuff, dun bear a grudge lah. no good for health .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
this is absurb...

:look:

an sincere apologise is needed .

so what u are just a student ,

it is bad enough to be wrongly accussed , further more taunted with bad manner apology.

having all said that , i believe this is a one off incident . live and let go . sometime they do bring in some good stuff, dun bear a grudge lah. no good for health .

now i dun even know should i continue supporting them??

two words. . "sebei sway". .

relax ahz bro. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

Relax bro,i think u can still support them cos its the one of the staff u dont approve of..i guess the next time he wont dare to approach u anymore...dont blame u thou,cos if its my gf's bag too,i would be angry like u did...also agree that he should approach u in a nice manner but this kind of things do happen <_<

I am a student too..have been in situations where shop owners look down on students on me having no money to buy their stuffs,but there's nth i can do..maybe bro u can talk to ah beng about the his staff?

• SRC Member

maybe ask for some corals in return

for sure can be settle one

In life sometime being too nice , will always become kena

step over the head

To me , if a shop offer bad service , then we still go back there

it is very obvious that we are in the wrong , that shop is right

then more customer will have to tolerate so call "service"

• SRC Member

euw.... actually there are a couple of lousy staffs @ ahbengs place... bad attitude... and looks @ me as if i no money buy...

anyway... yeap... shouldn't let the attitude of one staff affect ur impression on tat place or rather u r there for the LS not the PEOPLE.

• SRC Member

thats how 'ah bengs' do their biz. never know customer svcs is important,happy talk brother & beer,not happy show middle finger & dagger :evil:

if i were u, i will not go there anymore...

most of the lfs do not issue receipt after purchase. even if they do, it does not state what are the items purchased. this is dangerous for the customers. :cry:

look at it the other way, clementi 328 has its wares packed to the brim, yet they never worry if anyone stole anything from them. :eyeblur:

• SRC Member
maybe ask for some corals in return

for sure can be settle one

In life sometime being too nice , will always become kena

step over the head

To me , if a shop offer bad service , then we still go back there

it is very obvious that we are in the wrong , that shop is right

then more customer will have to tolerate so call "service"

haha bro u have a very good idea there. maybe ask them for a red prata!! :lol: haha...

• SRC Member

if it was me, i would never let them check my GF's bag, be it at ah beng's shop or any other shops in shopping centres. i believe that they dun have the rights to check or go through pple's bag.

get them to call the police if they really wanna check, make things

inconvenient for them if they wanna make things difficult for u.

• SRC Member

thanks all bros here for understanding me. till now i still feel damn pissed off when i think of it. now my GF is afraid of going lfs with me. :evil: should i go back on wednesday to speak to ah beng?? coz heard he'll be back onli on wednesday. i do agree they have some lousy staff there but i always support the boss as he is a very guy...

Clownfish

well they should install cctv if they really afraid of such things n not accuse others anyhow.

yooyoo99

bro i think even they issue receipt they still look at pple differently....

alien07

me n my gf was too shocked. so we jux let him check our bags.

• SRC Member

Personally, I feel the staff should have handled the situation with more tact. However, if you are in a shop (be it a fish shop or any other shop), I believe they have the right to search bags if the need arises. I don't know how we, as consumers, can fight for our rights on this matter.

Next time if you go shopping, have a look around, esp near the entrances of shops, I believe alot of shops have this sign, exerting their right to search bags, if need be. The sign is most common at places where you are expected to leave your bags at the counter (i.e. if you don't leave your bag at the counter, they have the right to search your bag, if need be.)

Just my 2 cents. ;)

• SRC Member
Personally, I feel the staff should have handled the situation with more tact. However, if you are in a shop (be it a fish shop or any other shop), I believe they have the right to search bags if the need arises. I don't know how we, as consumers, can fight for our rights on this matter.

Next time if you go shopping, have a look around, esp near the entrances of shops, I believe alot of shops have this sign, exerting their right to search bags, if need be. The sign is most common at places where you are expected to leave your bags at the counter (i.e. if you don't leave your bag at the counter, they have the right to search your bag, if need be.)

Just my 2 cents. ;)

yup they have the rights. but in a proper manner pls.... not those ah beng manner which will scare my gf who is onli accompanying me. and if they were to check my gf's bag pls get a female staff which i saw one there. they dun even have a place to put our bags as there were too many customers there. even though can they be sure our bags r safe to be there?? that place is juz like a market where pple goes in and out.

worst is when they can't search anything, they dun even apologise in a better manner....

when asked for clarification and they juz gave me an attitude face. and worst i am sure to be a regular there. yet the staff told me he has been eyeing on me for very long already. :( wat a disappointment... u mean i have to buy expensive things so they will not suspect me?? or i muz buy something during every visit even thier corals cannot catch my attention?

not that i am loaded, but i have always make it a point to spend my $$ at places where i feel comfortable and worth it, even if it is slightly more ex compared to other areas.

just don't see the reason why i need to accept poor attitude from the shop owners why i don't own them anything and it is hard earn cash that i am using. :angry:

everyone has a choice, but this is a good lesson learn for both lfs owners and us, hobbyist...

:upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown:

• SRC Member

I am sad to hear about the shabby and distasteful way in which the staff treated both you and your gf. What made it worse was the fact the staff could not even offer a sincere apology. I totally understand your frustration, bro..

If I were you, I would not frequent the place anymore. But that's just me.. My mentality is that if you respect me, I will offer you the same level of respect.

Take it easy, bro.. :):peace:

• SRC Member
not that i am loaded, but i have always make it a point to spend my $$ at places where i feel comfortable and worth it, even if it is slightly more ex compared to other areas.

just don't see the reason why i need to accept poor attitude from the shop owners why i don't own them anything and it is hard earn cash that i am using. :angry:

everyone has a choice, but this is a good lesson learn for both lfs owners and us, hobbyist...

:upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown:

yup bro. agree with u. they juz looked at u differently when u dun buy things from there n juz taking a look at eveything they have. juz dun understand how they think.