Looking for tiny sun coral frags

briareos

• SRC Member

I'd like to try out this non photosynthetic coral, but at $30 a head it's a bit of an expensive lesson if it dies.

Does anyone have any tiny frags that they could spare? They don't have to be huge... maybe 2 or 3 polyps in a frag will do.

• SRC Member

Yes, like wat bro Tanga said, you can easily get a colony of sun coral with near 20+ polyps at just a mere $10.

The rock size is usually around 5-6 cm.

I got my piece of sun coral at $15 from Iwarna... 50+ polyps.

P1020017_edit.jpg:lol:

Try going to Irene's place, she'll usually have very nice selections there.

• SRC Member

i know what u r looking for.. chinatown there is a marine ###### fresh water shop.. there the sun coral only cost $5 great for ppl to buy and test it out.. if u like to know the extact location kindly pm me

• SRC Member
i know what u r looking for.. chinatown there is a marine ###### fresh water shop.. there the sun coral only cost $5 great for ppl to buy and test it out.. if u like to know the extact location kindly pm me

Are u referring to the LFS near the Kreter Ayer GRC office at Chinatown? near Keiong Siek (typo?) street ?

Its amongst the shop houses... lotsa things...

yep~ thats the one alrite~

maybe i should check them out when i 'm free.

when i first started out my hobby , i used to go there to buy clownfish. but now i dun go there anymore because nothing really special come from there but their things are cheap.

i dun like the sight of their rabbit . seem to be suffering though

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

When I first got started years ago, i bought a sun coral from there, $5. I didn't realize 1/2 of it had rotted away. I thought that was the natural coloration. It never opened after I brought it home, and continued degenerating until only the skeleton was left.

• SRC Member
Yes, like wat bro Tanga said, you can easily get a colony of sun coral with near 20+ polyps at just a mere $10.

The rock size is usually around 5-6 cm.

I got my piece of sun coral at $15 from Iwarna... 50+ polyps.

P1020017_edit.jpg:lol:

Try going to Irene's place, she'll usually have very nice selections there.

sis very nice piece. if not for the 1 polyp die off in the middle of nowhere...

oh i discovered that if you run a strong current over the polyps, they are more willing to open..

• SRC Member

sis very nice piece. if not for the 1 polyp die off in the middle of nowhere...

oh i discovered that if you run a strong current over the polyps, they are more willing to open..

hehehe, that picture was taken weeks back~

until now, that area of skeleton has been taken over by 4 baby sun coral polyps! :lol: hurray~!!! :lol:

yep, i know abt the strong current thingy. got the pointers from bro hondaker and bro Elune. i'll see if i can post some pictures of the baby polyps tonite... i got a lousy camera...

last but not least.... Irene's place is into the gate before Ah Beng's gate. I know how to go, but dunno the address. maybe some bros here can advise him?

• SRC Member

:lol: i m back!

Just took a picture before feeding my tank. Notice the baby polyps on the once skeleton? I believe in another couple of months, it'll cover up that area already~ :lol:

sun_closed.jpg

And this is after feeding the livestock in my tank... (the right side has had their share of catching food as the current comes from there, so they're rather satisfied, thus shorter). The left sides are still hungry!

sun_bloom.jpg

Are u referring to the LFS near the Kreter Ayer GRC office at Chinatown? near Keiong Siek (typo?) street ?

Its amongst the shop houses... lotsa things...

i thought it is just a fresh water shop .

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

I walked all around farmway 2 today, and all the small 6 cm diameter type sun corals were $20-25. Super suns were about $25.

Then I finally found one shop in farmway 1 that was selling suns at $12. There was some tissue denegeration, but I got a pretty good specimen, which can easily be fragged into 3 pieces, because of the shape.

Will see how it does.

By the way, the owner told me there are 3 kinds of sun corals. This normal one, the black ones, and another type (not super suns). Any info on the thrid one? And who's keeping black sun corals? How do they look when opened?

• SRC Member
I walked all around farmway 2 today, and all the small 6 cm diameter type sun corals were $20-25. Super suns were about $25.

Then I finally found one shop in farmway 1 that was selling suns at $12. There was some tissue denegeration, but I got a pretty good specimen, which can easily be fragged into 3 pieces, because of the shape.

Will see how it does.

By the way, the owner told me there are 3 kinds of sun corals. This normal one, the black ones, and another type (not super suns). Any info on the thrid one? And who's keeping black sun corals? How do they look when opened?

Super suns would be $25 PER POLYPS. So, for example, if your supersun has 3 polyps, that will be 3 x $25 = $75.

3 types of suncorals?

U mean these?

1) Sun Coral -view 5th picture

2) Super Sun Corals (Dendros) -view the 3rd picture

3) Rhizotrochus Typus

Or color-wise?

1) Orange sun

2) Black Sun - view 1st picture on pg 3

3) Green Sun -view 2nd picture on pg 3

4) Yellow Sun -view 4th picture on pg 3

:peace:

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

Chiller skimmer rock

2. 0

CONTACT TECHS FROM GEARHEADENGINEERS . ORG IF SCAMMED THROUGH CRYPTO IN CANADA

3. 0

Wts new skimz sm121 skimmer for sale

4. 0

3ft decomm

5. 0

3ft decomm