PÛRA NitrateLock

Jameshong

Yes I would like to know too. Cuz I just bought one from Reef Depot but yet to put to use. Was told it is a good alternative to denitrator. Thanks!

Hi bro Patrick,

Since you bought it liao <_< ,use it and write a review la :evil: !

I want to know the effectiveness after use, before commit myself to purchase ;) !

Cheers.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

This is what I found for the above product:

S$xx.00 for 1 litres.

The Ultimate Nitrate Removing Media!

PÛRA NitrateLock is a selective ion exchange resin specifically designed for nitrate removal. It is effective and completely safe for fresh and salt-water applications. 500 ml of PÛRA NitrateLock will remove up to 19,000 mg of nitrates and will service a typical 50 Gal aquarium for 1 month before regeneration; 1 L of the media will remove up to 38,000 mg of nitrates and will service a typical 100 Gal tank for up to 1 month before regeneration. With regeneration capacity up to 24 times, this wonderful product can be used for 2 full years!

Quickly regenerate the resin by soaking for 2 hours in solution:

1 cup table salt per 0.5 Gal of water - 500 ml of media, and

2 cups table salt per 1 Gal of water - 1 L of media

Emm... if it works... I can just get rid of my Denitrator!!! Much easier just dosing alongside my other weekly regime.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Emm... if it works... I can just get rid of my Denitrator!!! Much easier just dosing alongside my other weekly regime.

Err... U sound <_<

Err... U sound <_<

Sound a bit skeptical right? hehe... if it is that simple... all the equipments for controlling Nitrate will go down the rubbish chute already :lol: ... probably not a long term solution, but for crisis situation... nothing to loose right?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Actually Nitratelock types media are not new in the market, Kent Marine Nitrate Sponge is one of them.

I currently have the Kent Nitrate Sponge but have not used it yet as my AquaMedic NR1000 is doing a good job. :)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Actually Nitratelock types media are not new in the market, Kent Marine Nitrate Sponge is one of them.

I currently have the Kent Nitrate Sponge but have not used it yet as my AquaMedic NR1000 is doing a good job. :)

I may be wrong but these are my thoughts.

Kent Marine Nitrate sponge is Zeolith base(stone base), similar to Seachem Denitrate.

Pura is a synethic resin, similar to Seachem Purigen.

I have tried both Seachem Purigena n denitrate. Both does not work as claim. I give up on them and stick to protien base denitration(Aquamedic).

My Bro MT have done another review of S base denitrator, it works like a charm but the cost is like :blink::sick:

So I do agree w Bro MT when he say good things dont come cheap. Sori, :off: .

Having said that, I know that there are some bros who did a bulk purchase in another fish forum, maybe u can get them to share their reviews. ;)

You have a point there Tigger. :D

The reason why I stated that they (Pura & Kent Marine) are similair is on the fact that they are Nitrate absorbing medias, not on whether they are synthetic or stone based. B)

Like you, I have tried Purigen and Denitrate before and feels that they are not to my expectation. That's why I never mentioned them in my earlier post. <_<

Yup. MT is one who really appreciate quality. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Hehe... welcome to the club bro... been running a 1000 for 3 weeks now, the result is good. If you are using it outside sump (like me) be very careful with the sealing (lid using 8 clamps) as high pressure may contribute leak. So I have to place my 1000 closest, at the same height as my tank.

So, if you have it outside your tank, IMO get a new piece. As AM been improving on the clampings... so the old model may LEAK!!!

Oh, mine took 2+ weeks to have NO3 = 0 result (tests on water coming out of the 1000). Definitely not a plug and play equipment.

I heard 400 is out of stock. And Deniballs are also out of stock. So, a bad bad time for new buyers. I manage to get 16 used Deniballs... still not enough.

post-14-1147326199.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi bros, I have put in the Pura Nitratelock yesterday. So far so good. This morn noticed not so much ich on PBT like before, possibly water condition improved less stress ;)

Bro,

What is the link between ich and NO3. Maybe u can enlighten us on this. Thanks.

• SRC Member

lol Hi bro Tigger kinda expect someone to ask tis qn. Reckon less than desirable water condition stresses LS and the more susceptible to ich fishes will get it first. Me no expert and am not advocating anything here. Just sharing my experience. Most will undoubtedly agree that fishes and corals are living things and we all have different experience trying to achieve the same thing - one piece of the ocean in our home. And tats wat make reefing more interesting than goldfish...oops!... :P Happy reefing :lol:

Jervis,

Yr NR 1000 leak? Let me guess, did u use the dosing pump SP3000 to push water into the reactor?

Oh dear... perhaps my "England" not good... NO LEAKING... Aqua Medic will sue me if they find out :lol::lol::lol: It's just a precautionary step I took, elevating the NR higher to reduce the pressure inside the NR. Coz this unit is originally designed to be used in-sump... so even after many rounds of improvements, the design is still not 100% water tight, especially after running for years... so the LFS advised me to put it higher, at least the same level as the tank.

• SRC Member

went to get a bag of the PURA nitralock .. geez .. all sold out :P

I bought the last bottle .. only for 50gal only :lol:

Anyway .. expecting the nitrate to start dropping as the RDSB starts to kick in (experience say the spike will last another week or so :ooh:) so this is actually a stopgap measure ..

Hate this period when the RDSB has not kicked in and the nitrate spikes up .. lost my 1st fish also sigh .. purple tile :(

Day 1 no effect .. tetra 100ppm sera >40ppm

aquatronica7na.gif