Can use tap water directly?

• SRC Member

Good to let the water that u r going to use to stand overnite, to remove chlorine. For me, I skipped that cuz I compensate by adding chlorine remover once I do a partial water change, abt 1/3. :)

Well... if you wash them briefly with tap water, the osmotic shock will kill off a bit of beneficial bacteria and a few microlife on the LR. :(

If you soak it in tap water... well... I would say you may have killed all life in/on the LR.

I suggest putting it back in sea water/an established saltwater tank for bacteria to recolonize the LR. Overtime, the rock will become inhabited enough to function as a natural biological filter.

• SRC Member

Hi, if can, try to avoid those rocks with small round holes, abt the size of the letter 'O' on ur keyboard. It might indicate that there are "unfriendly" worms in them... bristtel worms, paololo worms etc. These worms are not really good. If they r big, they can hurt ur pets.

• SRC Member

Bristleworms aren't bad as long as they don't get too big. They help process detritus and are crucial members of the sand bed fauna. It's not that often that you get 1 metre long palolo worms .

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif