Bulk DIY 3-stage DI unit

shootsimon

• SRC Member

Hi all. Seems quite a lot of people are interested in DIYing a DI unit.

So if the number is right I'll be heading another session.

Total cost will depend on the number of people participating.

It will only cost a hundred each set when we have 10 head counts.

Please state your nick in this thread and pm me your contact number if you are interested. Looking at holding the session by mid or end of June.

This is the end product :lol:

post-20-1148575558.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. Seems quite a lot of people are interested in DIYing a DI unit.

So if the number is right I'll be heading another session.

Total cost will depend on the number of people participating.

It will only cost a hundred each set when we have 10 head counts.

Please state your nick in this thread and pm me your contact number if you are interested. Looking at holding the session by mid or end of June.

This is the end product  :lol:

Hi bro,

May i know how long can the filter cartridges last (by litres) ;) ?

Do we need to change 3 filter cartridges at one go or separately?

What is the cost of filter cartridges replacement individually?

Paiseh..paiseh, ask so many Qs :paiseh:! hope u don't mind!

Cheers & Thanks. :bow:

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

can i just get the DI resin?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

May i know how long can the filter cartridges last (by litres) ;) ?

Do we need to change 3 filter cartridges at one go or separately?

What is the cost of filter cartridges replacement individually?

Paiseh..paiseh, ask so many Qs :paiseh:! hope u don't mind!

Cheers & Thanks. :bow:

You don't need to change all 3 at the same time as they have different exhaustion rate.

The sediment filter need to be changed only when it turns brown and it all depends on how dirty your water source is. Older estate tends to exhaust faster as the pipings are old. You'll be getting 3 sediment filter as it comes along with the filter housing. Mine till date has filtered about 400 litres still not changed yet.

The Carbon Block can filter in thousands of gal stated on the print but I'm not too sure of that.

Different brand has different specs. You can choose to believe or not to. What I suggest is 3/4 the amount stated.

As for the resin, till date the resin that I'm using can get you between 250L to 350L at 0ppm and if you still can accept 15-20 ppm it can last about 350L to 450L but again it depends on your water quaility and the type of resin that you can get hold of.

• SRC Member

Ok please put your nick here and also please pm me you number as I would not be taking any deposit but least you can do is give me your mobile number :lol:

1) yongwil

• SRC Member
Ok please put your nick here and also please pm me you number as I would not be taking any deposit but least you can do is give me your mobile number :lol:

1) yongwil

Count me in on this:

1) yongwil

2) ervine 97401381

• SRC Member

1) yongwil

2) ervine 97401381

3) Kelstorm 96520875

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

You don't need to change all 3 at the same time as they have different exhaustion rate.

The sediment filter need to be changed only when it turns brown and it all depends on how dirty your water source is. Older estate tends to exhaust faster as the pipings are old. You'll be getting 3 sediment filter as it comes along with the filter housing. Mine till date has filtered about 400 litres still not changed yet.

The Carbon Block can filter in thousands of gal stated on the print but I'm not too sure of that.

Different brand has different specs. You can choose to believe or not to. What I suggest is 3/4 the amount stated.

As for the resin, till date the resin that I'm using can get you between 250L to 350L at 0ppm and if you still can accept 15-20 ppm it can last about 350L to 450L but again it depends on your water quaility and the type of resin that you can get hold of.

Thanks. :bow:

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
1) yongwil

2) ervine 97401381

3) Kelstorm 96520875

Ok so far 3 interested parties. Spread the news with friends you know so I can bargain for lower cost :lol: For those who don't wish to hands on the DIY but wish to own a set can pm me for discussion :lol:

• SRC Member

To be specific so that to avoid misunderstanding.

1) yongwil

2) ervine 97401381

3) Kelstorm 96520875 (Resin only) :)

• SRC Member

1) yongwil

2) ervine 97401381

3) Kelstorm 96520875 (Resin only)

4) jinhui (you got my no.) :D

• SRC Member
Bro shootsimon,

Another session!!!! :yeah:

Wat happen to ur present one?? :lol:

Its still working great. Just helping out and to make more friends :lol:

Received quite a number of PMs after the first session about it so decided to hold another session. You're weclome to joint in the fun again :lol: This time you be the teacher of cutting pipes :lol::D

1) yongwil 9272 0789

2) ervine 97401381

3) Kelstorm 96520875 (Resin only)

4) jinhui (you got my no.

5) Lazybones 97462058.

Btw, will using those water filter(mounted on tap for drinking)

help as a RO before passing into the DI unit?

Thx. :)

• SRC Member

Its still working great. Just helping out and to make more friends :lol:

Received quite a number of PMs after the first session about it so decided to hold another session. You're weclome to joint in the fun again :lol: This time you be the teacher of cutting pipes :lol::D

Dun want la, later photo kana expose in here again...... :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, u guys enjoy urself! :peace:

Must remember to post the DIY session's photo hor! :evil::evil::evil:

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

快捷办理高贵林学院毕业证加拿大证书Q微707091118高贵林学院文凭认证办理CC毕业证成绩单,诚信专业办理加拿大大学留服认证CoQuitlam College

2. 0

快捷办理兰加拉学院毕业证加拿大证书Q微707091118兰加拉学院文凭认证办理Langara毕业证成绩单,诚信专业办理加拿大大学留服认证Langara College

3. 0

快捷办理西蒙菲莎大学毕业证加拿大证书Q微707091118西蒙菲莎大学文凭认证办理SFU毕业证成绩单,诚信专业办理加拿大大学留服认证Simon Fraser University

4. 0

快捷办理昆特兰理工大学毕业证加拿大证书Q微707091118昆特兰理工大学文凭认证办理KPU毕业证成绩单,诚信专业办理加拿大大学留服认证Kwantlen Polytechnic University

5. 0

快捷办理渥太华大学毕业证加拿大证书Q微707091118渥太华大学文凭认证办理Ottawa毕业证成绩单,诚信专业办理加拿大大学留服认证UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA