ich

u can get those uv light from coralife as they are good in the prevention of ICH from growing

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

maybe u can try ML stop parasite like ich u can go down and ask him.Personally has not try yet but would like to try.Cause used to have blue tang full of ich while others is fine.And they are very timid a little abit they scared.Imean new tang not those which aready in the tank for some time.

• SRC Member

yes tangs usually gets it when newly intro into tank ... once it becomes lau chiao then seldom see and even if kena , usually easier to recover

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Can use ozonizer to counter ich.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
QT is to prevent stress to the tangs from others fishes in the main tank???

QT is to prevent the new blue tang to pass on the ich into the main tank.

:o i remember reading someway that the stress that blue tang has to endure when transfer from QT to main tank will cause more harm than the benefit of QTing it...

newly buy (stress -> ich) then QT (happy) then main tank (stress -> ich) so ...

sorry to cut in:

selling my pair blue tangs :)

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

I think the best prevention is a combination of all the above suggestions... just try to avoid medication as they are bad!!! It happened to my Blue Tang and Chevron Tang before (after the intro of a stressed Moorish Idol)... both BT and CT recovered within days... just make sure the water condition is optimum, feed them high nutrient food, variation in food source, maybe Garlic Guard (can also try Dr. Bassler's ###### pellets). Don't try to catch it out of your tank as it will stress the BT further and also stress others... cleaner shrimps are good at keeping fishes clean, but doesn't remove ich... according to my research, low temperature (25ºC to 26ºC) is better to prolong the spread of any parasites and diseases (meaning it allows your fish time to fight back)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

u can try this my fren and i been doin this and results achieved :D

mix ur food with 1 drop of garlic and 1 drop vitamin c in time it will build its body protective coat and it will have no problem with itch or white spot. above all make sure ur water is optimum enviroment for the fish and coral.if u budget permits try get and efficient skimmer.

goodluck.

isit true tat ich occur frequent at lower temp? do u think at temp ard 30 degC, ich wil less likly to occur? im havin FOWLR wif ard 30deg always.... want to keep blue tang.

YEs, Its beacuse of the stress level in them, Ich break out are only when the firsh is in stress and lower temp is one of the causes,

Lower tempt helps, Low salnality do helps to and most of all Stress free to prevent ich.

Good luck. :D

oh usually what i do is that for the newly added first ...i will feed them on garlic and even the bris. i also put garlic and after that they recover .

IMO if you have fishes only i think it will be best to have an UV. :idea:

Good practise, Building up immune system of the fish before its down :yeah:

• SRC Member

both ozonizer and uv will only kill the ich in the water that went through them. using copper or hypo will be the best to kill but you can only use them in seperate system as both corals and invert cant tahan such treatment.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg