ATI Twister M Protein Skimmer

jervismun

Main tank: 36"(L) x 36"(W) x 30"(H)

EOS: 28"(L) x 12"(W) x 30"(H)

Sump: 48"(L) x 24"(W) x 18"(H) - Water level maintaining at 1 ft height

Nah I must thank you for trying it out...

Emm... let me calculate:

Main tank: 650 liters

EOS: 170 liters

Sump: 230 liters

Total: 1050 liters

Well... didn't know your tank is so huge!!! Well... I guess my baby Twister®M will have to work extra hard for the coming week :lol::lol::lol:

Bro Lyz77 if you ever interested in an ATI, you need to get the Bubble Master rated for 3000 liters... more like it :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I think it's a yes and no to your opinion... yes the THREADWHEEL looks fragile (have to agree with you)... on the other hand... due to the brittleness of most NEEDLEWHEELs out there... a lot of reefers find it frustrating that they keep breaking... over here... the mesh won't break :) Well... really need to put this guy to the test (locally). This product has been tested in Germany for more than half a year already :)

okie bro....keep tis review updated....but mesh wont break, its stil a question mark

okie bro....keep tis review updated....but mesh wont break, its stil a question mark

Yes I will keep you guys updated... perhaps I should remind AM to stock some replacement parts just in case (coz shipment can take months) but so far there isn't any negative experience on this issue on both Zeovit.com and Riffaquaristikforum.de :huh: They started using the product beginning of the year (if I'm not wrong).

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Here's a pix of the pump inlet connector (with the pump removed)... the black ring is made of rubber (inside)... I hope I can show you guys the design of the ring (not ordinary ring)...

post-14-1154154589.jpg

The pump is very easily removed for maintenance... yes with the THREADWHEEL... frequent rinsing of the impeller will increase efficiency (I read somewhere). Very easy to handle as the removal of the pump only requires one hand... no screwing, no fastening/tightening, no twisting... just pull a bit :lol: Perfect for those with space restrictions :)

post-14-1154154800.jpg

Front view of the pump... notice the base is actually another rubber ring... acting as a staging to support the pump. So, basically the pump is like floating... not touching any hard surface hence the great reduction in noise... to be honest... I've tried 4 skimmers before and here's how I will rank them based on noise level:

Low to high:

1) ATI Twister®M w/ ATI A1500

2) Tunze DOC Skimmer 9005 w/ Turbelle

3) Deltec MCE600 w/ Aquabee UP2000

4) Aquamedic Turboflotor Percula w/ PH2500

post-14-1154155179.jpg

• SRC Member

Nah I must thank you for trying it out...

Emm... let me calculate:

Main tank: 650 liters

EOS: 170 liters

Sump: 230 liters

Total: 1050 liters

Well... didn't know your tank is so huge!!! Well... I guess my baby Twister®M will have to work extra hard for the coming week :lol::lol::lol:

Bro Lyz77 if you ever interested in an ATI, you need to get the Bubble Master rated for 3000 liters... more like it :)

Yah! Will most probably go for a higher volume if I'm changing my skimmer!

Minus the LR and sand, I think the total volume shd be ard 900 liters!!!

Minus the LR and sand, I think the total volume shd be ard 900 liters!!!

Great! Can really push my Twister®M baby to the limit :lol::lol::lol: Promise me you'll be gentle on her :blink: She's still a virgin you know :paiseh:

Haha.... :lol: I won't..... :evil:

Btw, did you notice any micro bubbles escaping from the outlet of the skimmer?

Err... not noticable... coz my testing tub was translucent plastic, can't really see much. I'm sure it can be more easily observed in your sump.

I also want to test... maybe I test your MCE600 for you :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Haha... bro I'm sure I will be needing your help very soon :eyebrow:

I took some more photographs of my Baby... and here's the first of a series :)

The collection cup is so easily removed (basically have to lift up)... I manage to lift it up with one hand (damn I've got huge hands)... for those with space limitation in their sump (height) you will appreciate the small lift... only 2" in height and you will be able to remove the collection cup for cleaning :)

post-14-1154187574.jpg

Now the collection cup... appreciate the design (and construction) of the cup... slimmer neck is good for foaming, wider overall body is good for 3 liters of skimmate collection... there are plenty of space in between for cleaning... do note that the plexiglass used is of good quality (wouldn't say best, but good for this segment)... thickness is acceptable and it doesn't feel flimsy at all :)

post-14-1154187888.jpg

Jervis... Whats the damage... lol...

As mentioned, I was quoted by AquaMarin as a package together with my new 4.5' custom tank and a long list of goodies... can't give you a figure... I heard Janet will be posting soon :lol:

The base of the collection cup... a nice touch :D

post-14-1154190778.jpg

It's time... goodbye my Baby :cry2:

post-14-1154222779.jpg

As mentioned, I was quoted by AquaMarin as a package together with my new 4.5' custom tank and a long list of goodies... can't give you a figure... I heard Janet will be posting soon :lol:

Oh... Paisei... Lazy to click back to read... If not too ex can consider... lol...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Haha... guys please remember that the testing I conducted previously was "unnatural" as the plastic tub is relatively very small compared to our actual tank... will probably drop by bro Lyz77's place tomorrow evening to take some shots... I did took some shots this morning but I left the camera in the car... a bit lazy to go down :lol:

Haha... guys please remember that the testing I conducted previously was "unnatural" as the plastic tub is relatively very small compared to our actual tank... will probably drop by bro Lyz77's place tomorrow evening to take some shots... I did took some shots this morning but I left the camera in the car... a bit lazy to go down :lol:

hurry go get the cam. we wait for you... :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
I think it's a yes and no to your opinion... yes the THREADWHEEL looks fragile (have to agree with you)... on the other hand... due to the brittleness of most NEEDLEWHEELs out there... a lot of reefers find it frustrating that they keep breaking... over here... the mesh won't break...

hmmm... been using needlewheel for 2 over yrs ;)

anyway, can you support your claimed from your above statement? :rolleyes:

age.png

hmmm... been using needlewheel for 2 over yrs  ;)

anyway, can you support your claimed from your above statement?  :rolleyes:

Bro Loster

Perhaps I have not been in the hobby long enough... but I've came across a few cases where the reefers accidentally broken some pins while dismantling/washing/assembling during their scheduled maintenance... so I take it as Needle Wheel will "break" if handled improperly. And of course, some impellers are better than others... that I can be certain of.

Here's something I read previously that suggests to me... Needle Wheel impeller does need replacement even for the superior Deltec brand.

Here's an extraction from their website: http://www.deltecaquariumsolutions.com/skimmers.php

If anyone has a pinwheel impellor that has become damaged due to them standing on it or to long term wear from grit in the pump then we will provide them with a replacement at a reduced price on an exchange basis.

Details are as follows:

Exchange price for Aquabee models - £35.00 - (normally £45).

Exchange price for Eheim - £55.00 - (normally £75)

As for the ATI Thread Wheel... I am not denying the maintenance/replacement part... but the chances of a reefer accidentally damaged/break the "wire mesh" is pretty remote... I got a feeling the impeller will not be affected if a reefer is to accidentally drop the impeller or step on it... unlike Needle Wheel (as suggested by Deltec).

Perhaps I didn't make it very clear the last time round... sorry for the confusion :)