any cyclist ard here

ambystoma82

• SRC Member
Flame Tail, which bike shop do you visit? I usually will cycle to pasir ris on sat or sunday morning. So you are still in your santa cruz superlight or heckler? Hehehe. Good bike. : )

I've always had a santa cruz heckler for my off road and a Trek hardtail for my on road cycling. . I normally frequent a small shop at Roxy Sq called "Jofi Cycles".

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I've always had a santa cruz heckler for my off road and a Trek hardtail for my on road cycling. . I normally frequent a small shop at Roxy Sq called "Jofi Cycles".

hardcore leh...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

solo is a hard core biker... i cant catch up with him he ride so fast that everytime he need to slow down for me. :(

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

bro sunny, u went mia for quite sometime huh....lol...me not hardcore.....if hardcore, will take part in competition liao....lol...so yr buddies coming back to reefing? Hehe....

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Roxy 1 or 2? What's the price range for this place? I'm looking for a semi-decent mountain bike just for casual cycling.

Bro, if you looking for commuting purpose, think carrerfour might be the cheapest.....stolen also not heart pain....for aluminium non rusting part, the price can be above $200 plus and goes all the way....reputable GT, GIANT, etc are selling ard 400 to 500 plus. There is a shop at china town, hup leong, their stock bike, Jamis, is cheap with relatively good component. For GT, there is no "agent", hence the selling price is set by the retailer....for giant...tay cycle is the agent.....hence might have control pricing and unless u know the shop well, the price will be almost the same...if u need help to go round bike shop, think bros here will be helpful. If you need any help, can pm me and i can try to assist. : )

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

can go to the flea market behind Sim Lim tower there stolen bike for less than 100..

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
Roxy 1 or 2? What's the price range for this place? I'm looking for a semi-decent mountain bike just for casual cycling.

It all depends. Can custom make to order or there are 2nd hand bikes at times letting go at 50% off retail price. Price also depends on what kind of riding you want to do. E.g I go off road so i'm using a full sus. But some prefer hard tail bikes.. I've seen bikes ranging from 200-300 bucks to a few thousand. ..The shop is between Roxy 1 and Roxy 2 ..Under the ramp of the multi storey carpark.. directly opposite the main entrance of Joker's Pub. For casual cycling might have a couple of suitable ones.

My advice is take a look around different bike shops. The one that Solo mentioned Hup Leong is not too bad. I used to frequent them when they were still located in Tiong Bahru.

If you happen to get a bike. Remember to wear a helmet. I swear by it. Safety first.

Cheers.

• SRC Member

U may wanna check out this site under buy n sell/marketplace to get rough idea price range for different make bikes.

http://www.smbf.com.sg/forum/

http://www.togoparts.com/

Some are current and some were past memories.

post-14019-1219105615.jpg

post-14019-1219105630.jpg

post-14019-1219105650.jpg

post-14019-1219105665.jpg

post-14019-1219105676.jpg

post-14019-1219105688.jpg

Algae Scrubbler

Ya, roller blade, me no lobang....lol. However, as what Bro Flame Tail said, try queensway or maybe peninsular. Suntec area, novena square, etc got sell but think price cannot negotiate....Happy Searching. : )

Solid lah you, bro Solo! Can call you lobang king liao... :bow:

I'll let you know if I plan to get one. Not my top priority atm.

Any lobang for roller blades...? :P My friend wants to get a pair...

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Nice bikes Bro Soo. I see you like to play around with different Frame sets. The Intense Tracer is a good bike. Have a friend riding the same one as you. Same colour also.

From your setups I can see you've been riding for quite a while. I have the same 4pod XT disc brakes as you.Would not trade them for anything else. One of the best brakes in the market so far IMO.

Ride On..

Thanks for the comment.

Was into biking back in 1996...cant remember clearly. Intense Tracer has lost its shine as compared to current trend. Nomad, Spider, Blur, Epic, etc. Nevertheless, it was the first bike that caught my eyes, kawashaki green intense bike. Hence, setup my dream bike. Now tone down in the upgrading. Ya, the shimano 4 pot XT is a good brake. However, nowadays, pple dont appreciate retro stuff. Hehehe. Anyway, collectable item is just a piece of junk when you cant find anyone who can appreciate it.

Ya, ride on bro. Riding will also stay in my blood. : )

Algae Scrubbler