COMMON CLOWN

jun

y dun u tell the others the LS u are keeping? perhaps there are some more aggresive creatures disturing the clowns hence stressing them to death....

now... i hav 1 tomato clown... 1 Four Stripe Damselfish ...1 Three Spot Domino Damselfish ....1 Blue/Green Reef Chromis ....and a Algae Blenny

Ocellaris are common clown.maybe those clowns were harressed by the other fishes u have in yr tank...u have some really aggressive fish in yr little tank...most damsels are considered to little devils...(dun by fooled by their size!!!)n tomato like to whack other clowns real hard....esp yrs is a small tank..maybe u can try removing yr fishes and adding them one by one(every few days maybe,if can longer ..even better)according to their aggression....but i dun think it will work for damsels(little devils nvr changes)....or clown(clowns juz can't stands each other!!)i would suggest u try other fishes...grammas are excellect chioce..really beautiful by a bit ex..(avoid brazilian grammas...heard they are aggressive too)

today my Algae Blenny pass away.... it onli been 1 week in my tank... could it be lack of algae?? coz my tank dun hav hair algae to feed it... onli diatom....

can anyone tell mi the possible cause of death of my Algae Blenny ??

my striped damsel oso dead today.... has torn fins.... guess it is dead due to fights(again).

continuing of more deaths .... increase the thoughts of giving up marine manz....

haiz....

• 4 weeks later...
They are susceptible to a lot of diseases.

You have to check if they are quarantined well before selecting a healthy specimen.

When you do... they can last a long time.

juz bought 5 common clown again last week.... been doin fine... for a week..but yesterday one is dead and other 2 was seen with whiteish on the body and fins....

is it the problem with my tank water ??

this always happen to all my newly bought common clown.... :(

Omg bro you can't keep common clown if you want tomato, your common clown will sure doom. Since you have already added tomato, you can't add anymore clowns. Although there may be a chance that your tomato will ignore any newly added fishes, but 80% your tomato will kill it. Clowns are not only defensive, they are offensive as well. If they are in the ocean, yes I agree they may be defensive, but in a tank, there are no much space, this may results them to become offensive. My clarkii can kill a newly added maroon clown in less than an hour time. Even the maroon is not snatching any space from it, it just stay at one corner, but the clarkii don't want to let it off, it chases it till doom. :( If you want to keep common clown, wait for marine life or you can go to other LFS which you see the tank have only a few pieces. But i'll still recommend you to keep maroon, they are nice, vibrant red and hardy, and they ship a lot better than common clown. Don't keep more than one damsel, they will become very agressive and causes stress to other fishes as well. Btw, test your water, see if there are any detectable NH3 or NO2, please don't add any fish if there are any detectable of the above mentioned. If you can maintain temp at 26-28 DegreeC and have at least T5 lighting, get an anomone, many LFS have stock on anemone now, clown fish will be less stress with an anemone as protection.

Omg bro you can't keep common clown if you want tomato, your common clown will sure doom. Since you have already added tomato, you can't add anymore clowns. Although there may be a chance that your tomato will ignore any newly added fishes, but 80% your tomato will kill it. Clowns are not only defensive, they are offensive as well. If they are in the ocean, yes I agree they may be defensive, but in a tank, there are no much space, this may results them to become offensive. My clarkii can kill a newly added maroon clown in less than an hour time. Even the maroon is not snatching any space from it, it just stay at one corner, but the clarkii don't want to let it off, it chases it till doom. :( If you want to keep common clown, wait for marine life or you can go to other LFS which you see the tank have only a few pieces. But i'll still recommend you to keep maroon, they are nice, vibrant red and hardy, and they ship a lot better than common clown. Don't keep more than one damsel, they will become very agressive and causes stress to other fishes as well. Btw, test your water, see if there are any detectable NH3 or NO2, please don't add any fish if there are any detectable of the above mentioned. If you can maintain temp at 26-28 DegreeC and have at least T5 lighting, get an anomone, many LFS have stock on anemone now, clown fish will be less stress with an anemone as protection.

my common clown is not killed by tomato... my tomato is no longer wif mi already ... .

• SRC Member

if so many clowns/fishes die in just short time, either the water is not too good, or just in the rocks. recommend do a 20% change of water, let it stabilise for 2 weeks and then slowly add the new fishes.