maroon clown pairs

jun

• SRC Member
then i must be ripped off $3 from the LFS... damn!!!

lol...

but the clown size is quite big.... keke...

u bought it from a LFS.....n the other bro mention he saw it at a farm...

so u didnt get rip off..u paid for the service.....who noes tt shop provide quarantine service b4 they sell u?......so its a worth $3 u spend on..

:lol:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Alvin Tan.... i bought it from a fish FARM!!! not LFS.... hahaz..... pai seh pai seh.... error.....

Jun any farm at the pasir ris farmway got sell.... u need to order... or leave them ur contact number.... and if ur lucky enough, u go there have liao... ^.^v

• 1 year later...

Bro, me no expert in pairing but managed to pair one. Used to have a pair but the female passed away. Thereafter, paired the male with another smaller clown. Not sure whether there is a real workable procedure but nevertheless, you can buy 2 separate maroon clown. The ratio of their size should be 1 : 2/3. For your info, their sex will change. The bigger one will be female and the smaller one will be male(or the other way....wahahahaha). When i put my pair with another small separate maroon, the small maroon was whacked by the male maroon. The female just ignored them because it was much bigger than both. However, the small maroon being whacked managed to pull through and paired with the male maroon after the female maroon passed away(sad, : (, and the male maroon suffered depression ...lol....lucky i bought one anemoni to cheer him up and got another small maroon to console him...not may have changed to female....after the loving tender care from the small maroon which i believe is male). Now both live in harmony and growing strong.

Having said all these, i think what u can do is get one big maroon which is gentle(based on observation) and get one active small maroon. Put them together with plenty of hideout holes. Whether to buy anemoni, i cant advice. From my experience, the "male maroon" after gotten its home at the anemoni, turned super agressive and kept the small maroon away. Only after the anemoni died, they started to pair up. Hopefully they turn into pair. U can try but might not work 100 percent. Anyway, when u buy a pair from LFS or farm, it will cost more and cant guarantee their pair ...living together in harmony and in pair is different. But u can argue once they lived in harmony, they will in no time develop into a pair.

Just sharing my personal experience. Now got a maroon white stripe as female and golden stripe maroon(more red) as male. All the best in trying and share your successful experience with us. Thanks.

anyone know the good procedures to pair 2 marron clown together?

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler