Crystal Pro

gunzo

the crystal pro unit comes with a wrench to open up the container and drop in the resin bed or charcoal filter ..

yes, to open the canister is simple. However, we cannot remove the resin inside the resin tube. It is sealed tight. So I don't think we can buy the resin from elsewhere but to buy the original resin tube.

Anybody ever remove the resin from the carbon from the resin tube before? <_<

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• 2 years later...
  • SRC Member

hey guys..

like to bring up this topic again to ask a question...

just bought a single canister Crystal Pro filter few days ago..

realised that the water flow rate shouldnt be too fast to keep the TDS reading as low as possible..

wont it take very long for it to fill one pail of water then???

esp if the tube is specially designed to have a small output...

would like to hear comments from other reefers who are using this..

do u guys keep the water flow rate slow?

or just blast it.. doesnt matter as long TDS reading is below 50ppm..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

one more question...

the readings vary alot when i poured the "filtered" water into the pail, and into a jerrycan...

i've got 2 jerrycans at home, and initially i wanted to store DI water in it first so that in an event when i need to top up my tank,

i dont have to make my way to the toilet and fill it all over again..

but when i took the readings of the water from the jerrycan,

the readings came out to be much higher than that of tapwater...

anyone experience this???

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member
one more question...

the readings vary alot when i poured the "filtered" water into the pail, and into a jerrycan...

i've got 2 jerrycans at home, and initially i wanted to store DI water in it first so that in an event when i need to top up my tank,

i dont have to make my way to the toilet and fill it all over again..

but when i took the readings of the water from the jerrycan,

the readings came out to be much higher than that of tapwater...

anyone experience this???

were the jerrycans used to store Seawater or salt mix? if it is, then maybe the jerrycans were not washed b4 pouring the DI water in...

• SRC Member

were the jerrycans used to store Seawater or salt mix? if it is, then maybe the jerrycans were not washed b4 pouring the DI water in...

yea... they were used to store seawater before....

so after washing the jerrycans the readings should be fine???

Carpe Diem~!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

hey guys..

i got to bring this topic up again..

using crystal pro single canister..

bought this barely less than a month ago..

i've used it only a few times..

just today when i was topping up water into my tank,

i realised the values of TDS just shot up suddenly...

the first few pails was around 10ppm,

could be due to my fast flow rate i have....

after a few rounds, i tested again,

and it has gone to as high as 80++ ppm!!!

tap water is only around 50++ if i'm not wrong..

whats going on?

i didnt change the pail,

i didnt change the source of water..

everything was the same...

could it be something in the resin media??

but i bought it less than one month ago...

anyone care to share?

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member

Wow 80ppm?!So much.Hmm is your TDS meter new?The resin is supposed to suck in everything cept water not release everything into the tap water :o .Or is it that your container have bits of salts that is why the PPM went up?The TDS meter measure salts,chlorine etc in your water.Cause usually i will clean the pail using tap water then drain the tap water and then i open the tap leading to the DI unit.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
hey guys..

i got to bring this topic up again..

using crystal pro single canister..

bought this barely less than a month ago..

i've used it only a few times..

just today when i was topping up water into my tank,

i realised the values of TDS just shot up suddenly...

the first few pails was around 10ppm,

could be due to my fast flow rate i have....

after a few rounds, i tested again,

and it has gone to as high as 80++ ppm!!!

tap water is only around 50++ if i'm not wrong..

whats going on?

i didnt change the pail,

i didnt change the source of water..

everything was the same...

could it be something in the resin media??

but i bought it less than one month ago...

anyone care to share?

i bet its worn out. especially for just a single stage, it will be worn out after a couple of use.

my previous unit also throw out higher ppm as compared to tap water. this, i believe, could due to the resin is at its max capacity and tend to throw back binded ions back into water when a more "attractive to resin" ion is in the columb. i could be wrong, what i mentioned was just based on my chemistry knowledge till date.

when this happens, change the cartridge or change the resin.

happy reefing

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
i bet its worn out. especially for just a single stage, it will be worn out after a couple of use.

my previous unit also throw out higher ppm as compared to tap water. this, i believe, could due to the resin is at its max capacity and tend to throw back binded ions back into water when a more "attractive to resin" ion is in the columb. i could be wrong, what i mentioned was just based on my chemistry knowledge till date.

when this happens, change the cartridge or change the resin.

happy reefing

Ahh i thought they won't throw up everything back in the water.I think bro kikobananas need to reduce the flow rate as from what i heard that the faster the water flows,the faster the resin deteriorates.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Ahh i thought they won't throw up everything back in the water.I think bro kikobananas need to reduce the flow rate as from what i heard that the faster the water flows,the faster the resin deteriorates.

could be my fast flow rate that deteriorated the resin...

but could the deteriorated resin give a reading of as high as 80ppm???

shall reduce the flow from now onwards...

will try again tomorrow.. hopefully things improve...

by the way i bought everything barely a month ago..

not even one month.. hahaha...

used it about 5-6 times,

but my flow rate was kinda fast cos i didnt mind a reading of about 10-15ppm...

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member

I usually put a very slow rate so in 5 mins time only little is filled in the pail(Those big red pail).I put the slowest rate(not dripping) my tap could go :)

girlone.png

• SRC Member

it is still volume based with regards to your tap water ppm. one cartridge can only give you this volume means this volume. slower flowrate only gives you a better ppm during collection.

but still, all the best.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
it is still volume based with regards to your tap water ppm. one cartridge can only give you this volume means this volume. slower flowrate only gives you a better ppm during collection.

but still, all the best.

agreed with bro law. beside volume of water it also depends largely on the quality of tap water in your house. apparently recently the water quality not been very good

• SRC Member
agreed with bro law. beside volume of water it also depends largely on the quality of tap water in your house. apparently recently the water quality not been very good

Hmm i am going to check my current tap water quality....

girlone.png

• SRC Member

Just curious, how long does it take to make 20L of DI water using the Crystal Pro? And how many litres is the cannister rated for? Is the cannister refillable?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Just curious, how long does it take to make 20L of DI water using the Crystal Pro? And how many litres is the cannister rated for? Is the cannister refillable?

hi bro

think how many litres will depends on the quality of your tap water and how long it takes to make 20L depends of the flow from your tap too. some reefers tried and managed to open the cannister and change the resin:)

hi bro

think how many litres will depends on the quality of your tap water and how long it takes to make 20L depends of the flow from your tap too. some reefers tried and managed to open the cannister and change the resin:)

Not easy to open the cannister. Tried but still leaked.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member
hmm.. let me know how much is the ppm of ur tap water?

thanks....

mine is 54ppm

Mine is 60 ppm.I think it's due to the old copper pipe i guess....

girlone.png

• SRC Member

have heard from a few guys that west side TDS is higher. From 80+ to even 100+

Especially so if your tank is in the office. Maybe industrial places water quality lower.

Carbon helps remove chlorine. Chlorine reduce the life of resin.