The Fruit of my Labour

flubberina13

• SRC Member

Hey...wanna try out my photography skills...

here's some pics of my tank...

The specs...I will furnish in lieu... :P

Dimensions :

Tank : 4 by 2 by 2 (10 or 12mm glass...forgot liao)

Sump : 2.5 by 1.5 by 1.5

Sandbed : volca chips, #0, #1 and #3 sand and chips

Bought the #3 bags of chips whithout realising and find it laychei to return so just dump them in...Mistake right?... :(

post-34-1066487980.jpg

• SRC Member

Hey...any photography experts here? Can tell from the pics what should I do to bring out their natural colours...Colours a bit washed out here...

And btw, the seahorses came from my seahorse tank which has currently been converted to a nursery... :P

And I also need constructive advice to improve on my tank... :thanks:

• SRC Member

Nice Rose anemone and clown! Pics look OK but if you want to try to correct the colors to what you see, try adjusting with photoshop or other graphics program.

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• SRC Member

if u know to use your digital cam properly set to manual or set the compensation for your digital camera to 1 + stop and use a slow shutter..

u would need a tripod.. orelse camera shake.. that will make your pics bright and vibrant.. and no need the use of flash..

for manual setting i think u should set your digi cam to flurescent lighting.. not daylight..

like the look of your clownfish........looks really happy...totally ecstatic!!! :rolleyes:

I think your tank really got potential to dump in quite a lot of corals....you are right...your tank's rockwork looks like mine in a certain way.... :lol:

can look out for corals with assorted colours like green, red, orange and pink ones...basically like a little garden...a good mix of colour will really brighten up the whole tank!!! :D

As for LR...I am trying to grow red c. algae all over...helps in adding colour to tank as well.....did you see Ming's LR in the pair of clownfish tank? Really nice ones...or go AT's house and scrape the blue ones....keke..... :lol:

you have tunze...not going sps...than have LPS...like hammers, torch and octos....

b4 that het the chiller during Aquarama just in case weather decides to be mean one day..... :lol:

• SRC Member
like the look of your clownfish........looks really happy...totally ecstatic!!! :rolleyes:

I think your tank really got potential to dump in quite a lot of corals....you are right...your tank's rockwork looks like mine in a certain way.... :lol:

can look out for corals with assorted colours like green, red, orange and pink ones...basically like a little garden...a good mix of colour will really brighten up the whole tank!!! :D

As for LR...I am trying to grow red c. algae all over...helps in adding colour to tank as well.....did you see Ming's LR in the pair of clownfish tank?    Really nice ones...or go AT's house and scrape the blue ones....keke..... :lol:

you have tunze...not going sps...than have LPS...like hammers, torch and octos....

b4 that het the chiller during Aquarama just in case weather decides to be mean one day..... :lol:

haha...that's why I switch on the living room's aircon at times...kinda overkilled..right? An aircon with 9000btu for a 4ft tank... :lol::lol::lol:

Btw, no algae growth because of the previous use of the ozoniser. Still waiting and dosing calcium stuff... :P

• SRC Member

:off:

You wouldn't want mine...It comes with so many functions until I dun know which one to use. Still waiting for someone to teach me... :P

Hint : 32 functions besdie the sidelines type... :lol:

And yup..just found out...my glass is 12mm thick and the whole tank cost me $796.00 including cabinet and the return pump... :P

Thanks to my cousin's lobang... :lol:

• SRC Member
nice rock work....but your LR got very little coraline algae leh.....did u buy dead rocks? :peace:

Told you already...I used an ozoniser and still have volca chips...Cost me a bomb but they are good in cleaning my water...

• SRC Member
Hey...wanna try out my photography skills...

here's some pics of my tank...

flub, If you really wanna try your photography skills, use my lousy crapy, stinking camera.... :lol:

Anyway your tank ROCKS!!!! :yeah:

like your pictures too...NICE!!

:peace:

• SRC Member
Nice tank... :D

Like your rose anemone....where you got it.....

looking for one ...

They come in periodically...you just have to have a lucky star on top of your head...In this case, I have two...Jewel and Dispar Anthias...kudos to you... :bow:

• SRC Member
Can tell from the pics what should I do to bring out their natural colours...Colours a bit washed out here...

Can always try some post-editing to touch up the photos.

For example :-

1) crop out unnecessary background. You want the attention to be on the main subject

2) adjust color balance, increase contrast

3) subtle blurring of the background; again to bring attention to main subject

4) add a black/white backing/framing to bring out the colours

my 2 cents :P

Did the above on your tommy.

Hope u don't mind :)

post-34-1066575406.jpg

• SRC Member

wow! :o really improved the pic! onghm, did u use photoshop??

i borrowed a book on how to use photoshop the other day but did not even open it! <_< tommy really looks soooo handsome! hmm flubberina, how did u know it was a male... :angel::whistle

really nice take.. sandbed looks cool... hmmm so when is your open-house?? :eyebrow:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member
Hi Shiraz,

Yup, using photoshop.

Yeah, Flubberina, when is the open house ? :P

Like that you tell me 'open house'??? Then, AT's one must be 'open castle' liao... :P

Anyway, thanks for the compliments...still not good enough...improving more when I can find colours and after upgrading my lights come this December... :yeah:

Aiyoh...I got so much to do...

1) upgrade skimmer (Mine only cheapo type...can't even find the brand name!!! :o )

2) buy a more suitable chiller

3) find more contrasting colours or maybe it's my lights...as I look at it, my tank quite colourful leh... :eyebrow:

4) buy a bigger tank!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Nutx...they are not readily available...you just have to wish upon a star to get your rose anemone...In my case, I have two stars...Jewel and Dispar...thanks guys... :peace:

Hammer99...I put in about eight to ten bags of sand plus ten packs of the volca chips. The chips are not those orange colour ones and I think they are not available anymore. I didn't realise that I had accidentally bought two bags of #3 and find it cumbersome to go back to the shop to exchange, so i just wash them together with my #1 and lay them in my tank. Then I have the #0 on top. Finally I lay the volca chips and voila...I pour water and start to cycle... :lol: