Roidan's 4ft tank

roidan

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but their sizes is very small compared to the water volume i feel...so i feel water quality wun take a drastic turn so fast...testing everyday..i added more sand from my old set up into the sump....funny i dun see this sand around anymore..its finer than size 0 coral sand...whiter also...

anyway, i remembered there was a thread last time about how skimmers fare in series connection or parallel connection...

i am now running 2 skimmers in the sump....each located at a different side....interesting observations...will provide a report next time....

when my wallet gains cholestrol again... ;) , i may wanna start ozone/orp ...sigh..but i doubt my wallet will gain healthy cholestrol so fast.... :cry:

Hey i have tried running 2 skimmer..... If your are both different size and power then your resut will most likely be the same as me, the bigger one will out perform the smaller one

Hey i have tried running 2 skimmer..... If your are both different size and power then your resut will most likely be the same as me, the bigger one will out perform the smaller one

dispar: your powder also very very nice mah...i like the blueness...more vibrant than my baby powder...

yeah..something like that....about the skimmer..the bigger capacity one pulls more out of the water..maybe coz the reaction chamber is taller so more time for the organics to adhere to the bubbles...hehe

i thought power blue should be aggressive??? :nc:

why this so peaceful...

anyway... Bro a nice setup u have... nice tank... :)

wondering how much u spend altogether??? :P

maybe coz its still small and new to the tank...so it did not get a chance to form its territory....and its the smallest of all...slightly over 2 inches from mouth to end of tail...maybe thats why it dare not be a bully...YET..hehe

but i bought them quite small, i wonder if they can tahan the shipping stress and watever stress, even my tank stress...hehe....so just hope and pray and do watever i can do make them happy

my tank is nothing compared to the other reefers here....really nothing..just that i love taking pictures...especially my stuff and flubber jiejie here says i *show off*...sigh sigh :(:cry::(

yeah..i spend quite abit....but i have a policy that i never look back..never count how much have gone in....only count how much can still go in...lol....

coz i know once i start counting how much have gone in....i will be damn depressed...but if i count how much can still go in...my face cheer up again :D

nice tank! may I request for a shot of how you attach the MH metal bar to the ceiling? I always wondered how I can attach something like that to the ceiling... also mine is a false ceiling will it hold?

oh...its just a metal screw-tight plug that has a hook on the bottom, thats where you hang the wires....and you just turn the hook till the top flange goes big and secures tightly in the hole that you drill..

but your false ceiling is those plaster/formica or watever material and you cannot use..as it wont be able to hold the weight...hehe

find somewhere with a true ceiling in your place and drill :D

MH where got light..?

comparing among all the lights, MH is the heaviest.

One MH for 5kg upwards is not surprising.

Rodian, FHM, no problem, I got the few years collection.. haha..

free time I must go analysis your tank.. heehee.. bring some northside bros.. take stool, lim kopi, n see your naso..

• Sponsor
nice tank! may I request for a shot of how you attach the MH metal bar to the ceiling? I always wondered how I can attach something like that to the ceiling... also mine is a false ceiling will it hold?

i maybe selling my 2x150watt ...which is siting on the tank type.

MH where got light..?

comparing among all the lights, MH is the heaviest.

One MH for 5kg upwards is not surprising.

Rodian, FHM, no problem, I got the few years collection.. haha..

free time I must go analysis your tank.. heehee.. bring some northside bros.. take stool, lim kopi, n see your naso..

yeah MH not very light...especially those fixtures with the ballast inside them..damn heavy...not surprising if over 10kg...lol

my tank cant analyse yet lah...still got so much diatoms...after it goes away and all the corals in place in the main tank then i can ask some of you guys over..hehe

dispar: your powder also very very nice mah...i like the blueness...more vibrant than my baby powder...

yeah..something like that....about the skimmer..the bigger capacity one pulls more out of the water..maybe coz the reaction chamber is taller so more time for the organics to adhere to the bubbles...hehe

Eh ok lah but i can tell you its damn damn fierce once its is stable in the tank

my powder blue not eating the veges or pellets leh...just nibbling at the rocks here and there....i worry for it....maybe its not aggressive because no appetite...no appetite means....one ticket to the grave..sigh..

hey try frozen brine shrimp soak with garlic solution..... well it work on my PBT and satrt feeding the next day i got it........

i tried frozen mysis....never eat leh...hmm...will try brine shrimp and see got any reaction...

anyway, i did a comparison of the sand from my old 2 ft sump and the current 4 ft sump using coral sand size 0...my old sump sand is not coral sand...but i much finer and packs very tightly compared to coral sand 0...here are some pics....i cant seem to find this sand nowadays...

this pic is the finer sand from my old sump

post-34-1069247725.jpg