Roidan's 4ft tank

roidan

yo roidan..

no pix updates?

still cycling ah??

no cycling detected....coz all the rocks all cured and such a large volume of water...little dieoffs would be coped by the BB in the rocks..hehe

bro blenny and his spouse came to my place just now..maybe he can give a verbal update of my 6ft tank in the hall :P

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha...will try to achieve that after bro blenny collects the rocks when his tank is here...hehehe

a single rock...what about a branch with 5 branchlets and the middle one is especially long and prominent? WOW...sure a talking point one...hahaha :D stick it into the sand in the middle of the tank..lol

bro blenny:

i may move out the MH above the 4ft holding your branches now to the tank outside....in place i will put 2x54W T5s aquablues and i will try to lay the branches as flat on the sandbed as possible to expose them to as much light as possible to prevent coraline dieoffs...

dun want you to collect and end up collecting white branches....but even if so, dun worry..coraline will come back in plaque proportions once your tank is established :)

thanks for the meetup today :thanks:

• SRC Member
bro blenny:

i may move out the MH above the 4ft holding your branches now to the tank outside....in place i will put 2x54W T5s aquablues and i will try to lay the branches as flat on the sandbed as possible to expose them to as much light as possible to prevent coraline dieoffs...

dun want you to collect and end up collecting white branches....but even if so, dun worry..coraline will come back in plaque proportions once your tank is established :)

thanks for the meetup today :thanks:

please let me know of they are turning into snow whites. thanks.

By the way you have a very colorful 6 footer outside. really pleasing to the eyes when you walk into the house. Job well done :bow:

hehe...yeah...meanwhile i will dose calcium and keep the calcium levels high....will let you know when they start to turn white..

thanks....that's what my family said too...now they come home also feel happier.....

anyway..when your new tank is here...i can pass you some sand from my current 4ft to seed your sump also.....

wad anthais u having there?

wad are the easiest type to maintain? and also... which is the nicest bread?

where got dispar anthais?

the normal anthias with the y shape tails lor...think its dispar anthias .not too sure...

anyway, are sunburst anthias nice? today saw one...but thought nothing of it..maybe the lighting wasn't so good to see the sunburst marks on the head..hehe

eh you do DIY for lights or not ah. I feel like DIYing for my sump leh.

DIY? u mean commission me to do ah....you might as well do it yourself...

just get the osram eballast....reflector and tubes can get from edmund...then just wire them up using the single core keystone cable lor..if u want, i can give you some cables..i got extra...hehe