Roidan's 4ft tank

roidan

• SRC Member

What's the out flow pipe dimensions vs the inflow pipe dimensions? Currenty running overflow too with 1" (x2) to sump and 3/4" (x1) return to main tank. Powered by 1262 also.

Yeah, me having bubling sound at sump also from the overflow water. Do share if u got any solution. Me thinking of adding wool floss to cushion the bubbling sound. ;)

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the out flow pipe dimensions vs the inflow pipe dimensions? Currenty running overflow too with 1" (x2) to sump and 3/4" (x1) return to main tank. Powered by 1262 also.

Yeah, me having bubling sound at sump also from the overflow water. Do share if u got any solution. Me thinking of adding wool floss to cushion the bubbling sound. ;)

mine is 2 x 25mm drainage and 1 x 20mm return to main tank....may be about the same as your set up...

thats why got bubbling....i think we should have gone with 3 x 25mm as return or use a weaker pump...sigh...i put so much wool to cover the pipes still bubbling...

so the water flows from the overflow compartment into the Durso pipe via the pipe that sticks out from the side of the Durso pipe? and the cover is to regulate the air flow or something? dunno. just...asking coz I'll be getting my tank soon. will be good to know the physics of it. (=

so the water flows from the overflow compartment into the Durso pipe via the pipe that sticks out from the side of the Durso pipe? and the cover is to regulate the air flow or something? dunno. just...asking coz I'll be getting my tank soon. will be good to know the physics of it. (=

actually the idea of the durso pipe is to raise the water level before it drains to the sump thus reducing or eliminating the waterfall sound when the water falls through a height of 2 feet or more...

but the airhole is to prevent a full siphon if i am not wrong, if the wrong airhole size is used, one problem is solved but another problem is produced, the water level in the overflow chamber will pop up and down and will not be stable...hehe

but generally a 3mm airhole should work ok....both my baby durso and papa durso also used 3mm holes

I know that site. and everything still seems greek or latin to me. :P

nevermind guess I'll have to ask my friend when I see it for myself tomorrow or some time soon when I go for "tank inspection"

hurhur

thanks anyways

eh any other shots of your tank or not? as in...its condition now as we speak. (=

at least you got two towers to be proud of. I don't even have anything. bleah. tank not even here yet, not even confirmed as I speak. must go down and secure it with my friend tomorrow.

kanchiong spider me already went to buy a chiller, two pumps (one for return one for skimmer), and akan dating will be the skimmer and the ATI lights. hurhur.

I'd rather get it now and be broke for X'mas than buy presents for X'mas and be broke for fish. its a good excuse, anyways. (=

dun worry...u will have all in due time....and your wallet will lose all in due time...haha :lol: same here..

the T5 lights for my sump and a blue/actinic T5 for my main tank has already been done up by me...all DIY also....but since still cycling , no point mount them and risk them getting all wet..lol..

yeah..spend money now so got good excuse to skip all the LVs, SKIIs, whatever your gal wants...LOL...

ok..going off soon...back in the night to reply to the thread

Hi bro roidan,

Why you using metal stand? dont you know eventually it will corrode. how long can your metal stand last? I am going to get a new tank soon. wondering whether getting wooden one or metal one.

regards,

Kah Wei

hehe..no problem with the stand...i coated it with special anti corrosion paint with not 1..not 2...but 4 coats....the stand came matt black..but i doubt the paintwork, so i painted 4 thick coats before the tank finally came....

if u can..go for stainless steel ..strong..but abit too shiny for my liking