Rainbow at Serangoon North Ave 2 SUX!!!

They have opened up a SW section a few months back.... and till this day, I find that section very disgusting.

They had a lot of dying stock during the first couple of weeks due to overstocking and a new un-established filtration system, I believe they are using a lot of copper as the water doesn't seem clear.

Now... the water looks better BUT..... the overcramping of marine fish in small tanks is RIDICULOUS!!!

Did you see how they can put like 40 + tangs in a small tank??!!! Within a week's difference... I can see that half are still barely alive...

Did you see how they are so skinny to the point that they are just swimming bones???! (Not exaggerating!). Did you see the HUGE slashes on the bodies on many of the tangs because they cannot help but be aggressive to each other in such confined spaces??!)

I have never seen such a display of stressed fish!!!

And the amount of angelfish and butterfly fish for sale is shocking!!! As if they are as hardy as damsels and suitable for huge sales turnover... I bet they will all die at the shop!!!!

I don't know whether to buy all the fishes to save them or to boycott them until they give up their SW section and stick to their FW fishes!!

Just have to get this off my chest... I have never seen such a LFS that keeps marine fish in such disgusting conditions.

:angry::angry::angry:

AT, i totally agreed with u!! I'm also helping to "sell" them to all my friends so that they keep away from there. And i used to keep planted FW tank and i am not too sure whether they are good at FW as well??

So, maybe some of us should do some volunteering work for them to save the fishes?

• SRC Member

I agreed with all of you. Was there when they first started out, the condition is like....... well if any one of have been to Hong Kong, you will notice that they are trying to copy the way they stock the fish. Have you ever see 50+ clowntrigger keep in the same tank for sale? If you guys ever visit Hong Kong, let me know, I can point out to you where the Fish market is, it is a eye opening events..

Clowntrigger

• SRC Member

if they use a centralised filtration system then they can put that kind of numbers in.

Rainbow?? Only $$ matters at rainbow- nothin else.

Haven't stepped in for over 2yrs oredi.

u try to buy that kind of quality & u most probably end up wif a dead fish within 30 days.

• SRC Member

i couldn't agree more.. and furthermore.. the prices is very ex... my heart also pain when i see so many tangs in one tank.. sigh.. they should just stick to their LH :( and the FW!!!!

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Oh.....not only the SW section, look at the LHs overstocking in one tank. Almost all are dieing and still selling $80/- each. The way they sell things there is like buying parts from Sim Lim complex, 'Ah meng' style....very things 'no problem lah, believe me. You can't this else where already' and know nuts of they own products. Just push and collect cash.

So who wants to be the executioner? :)

I believe a quick death is better than a slow one... and what makes you think they will clean up their act?

By the time the AVA inspectors get there... their stock may have all already died... Hahahaha!

• SRC Member
I agreed with AT, since they can be in biz. for so many years. They should have ways to go around it. I think RB will still stay and in good shape too. This are biz. ppl. that know their way.......

It probably would not work anyway.... Do the AVA officers bother about marine fish stocking levels, ammonia/nitrate/nitrite etc wadever levels or coral disease IDing....They might just pass the inspection so long as they see the marine fish swimming....

Absolutely agree with this comments.

Many year back they major in Marine systems and Koi.

Believe they must have changed hand.

Seems like they are better in handling Lou Han or the $88000 Jin Kang Lor Han.

I wouldn't fancy that. With half that amount of money I could probably build a mini sea world at home.

Just marketing gimmicks , that fish doesn't worth as much as a Majestic angel to me ...

My 2 cents worth.

• SRC Member

Luo Hans are an abomination to nature! Mutants!

puke.gif

Just my 8,800,000cents worth!

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Wahahaha! Wait till you tell my Luohan fanatic friend... he'll turn you into an abomination of nature! :lol:

Seriously, I do agree... they are ugly... eeks.

And for $88,000 for a top-range LH, I can get a top-of-the-range reef tanks x 3!

Gee... beauty does lie in the eyes of the beholder!

:ph34r:

• SRC Member

I think that goldfishes, parrot fish, show fighting fish and all other fishes bred like luo hans would be considered just as bad as luo hans... But luo hans are still better than parrot fish and goldfish, at least they can swim properly! Still, better not say any more on this or this thread'll get chucked to Kopi-Tiam..... :P

If I may say so...Rainbow is a pack of balls! They should close down soon. They are just there to rip people off...say got tank offer but the blooming tanks still sell for so much more than other places. Utter crap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

was at rainbow during lunch.

their indoor pond type marine tank got a black tip reef shark in it.

FYI=

4 stripe damsels $3 each, tomato clowns $12 each,copperband butterfly $15 each,blue tangs $18,seahorse $15.

Your choice,Your money.

a damsel @$3 and a tomato@$12 is really pulling a fast one heh heh!

copperbands@pac marine $2 each.

• SRC Member

i really dun know what LH can do.. they dun taste good when fried.. yucks.. i tried it and it has that muddy taste.. yucks.. thinking of it.. makes me wanna puke..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Hey Kelstorm! You are my new buddy now! :P

First you use MH for fish.

Next you eat Luohans for lunch!

What else do you do with your spare money?

Care to share the wealth around a bit? :rolleyes:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif