upset on LFs shop

andysho

• SRC Member

anyone experience b4 the coral being place into your reef tank

already died by then :(

I went to one of the shop and brought a coral upon

reaching home found out that the water gave out a smelly

smell!~~~~ and saw that the coral was not in a healthy state anymore

I wonder where the shop owner got the saltwater from??

anyone have this type of bad encounter?

• SRC Member
anyone experience b4 the coral being place into your reef tank

already died by then :(

I went to one of the shop and brought a coral upon

reaching home found out that the water gave out a smelly

smell!~~~~ and saw that the coral was not in a healthy state anymore

I wonder where the shop owner got the saltwater from??

anyone have this type of bad encounter?

andysho,

IMO, its too fast to put the blame on LFS.

when buying corals, its quite normal for them to emit mucus during the transportation and handling process. and thus the smell, and the smell will be quite pungent for mushrooms especially.

maybe you would like to tell us what coral u bought ? and what state is the water ? did u see the shopkeeper take the water from another pail or tub ? or from the same tank where they house the coral ? :)

andysho,

IMO, its too fast to put the blame on LFS.

when buying corals, its quite normal for them to emit mucus during the transportation and handling process. and thus the smell, and the smell will be quite pungent for mushrooms especially.

maybe you would like to tell us what coral u bought ? and what state is the water ? did u see the shopkeeper take the water from another pail or tub ? or from the same tank where they house the coral ? :)

i agree that it could be due to the transportation process. corals like hammers n octopus emit mucus during the journey home. just rinse it carefully n it should be able to bloom.

• SRC Member

could be ur handling, sudden change in temp..........anyway if u r on good terms with that lfs, they may replace a new one for u. ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

sorry for the incomplete post!!!

was wondering IS 4HOURS TOO LONG A TIME AS A TRANSITION TIME? since we do not know if the lfs tank water is high in ammonia or not we are at a risk when we buy and take so long to reach home, not to mention about the accimilation time (for newly aquired fishes)....

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

• SRC Member

u know

i always do this

i have 5 hours break poly b4 i go school then i go around lfsing.. hehe :P well i go buy coral then go school the coral by then is 5 hours aready.. then after that go party or chill hehe back home around 11 or midnight..

imagine its inside like 8-10 hours put out yeah seems stress water brown dirty from the rock then put in tank give one day the coral ok aready..

hehe only for mushies and hardy ones..

dun try leather.. i did that once a waste..