Clowns and Anemones Only

Nitro

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Photos of the new DYMAX 4x T-5. Had changed the tubes to D&D, 1x Pure Actinic, 1x Actinic+, 1x Mid-day & 1x Aquablue plus(white). Lights lumen deff is much higher now.

post-69-1181408709.jpg

• SRC Member

strange thing is after upgrading to 4x T-5s, the anemones starts to bleached even more... esp those under the rocks.

The red based anemone is new from SeaLife. Tenticles are slightly bleached. The third one above it is also new from SL. It's kind of black in colour.

• SRC Member

Tank crashed last nite when I reached home... My new green illuminance BTA got stuck in between two power heads and whole tank cloudy manz. Good thing after changing 3 pails of water, all back to normal liao.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Old resident Blue Tang died today... after I caught it and put in a pail last nite all was fine till this early afternoon it died. The whole fish hardened straight. Seems like death by shocked :(

• SRC Member

wow after you change to the HO T5 4 tube lighting your tank go topsy turvy.You should have jus stay in your 18watts light cause your anemones are adapted to it.The light now you use is far brighter and caused the possible death.The zooxanthellae i think left the anemone cause it is brighter than your old one.Never change the light like from 2x18 watts suddenly turn to 4x39watts.Sure die.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

anglefishlover > Yes, I agreed with you. That's why till now I didn't switch on all 4 T5s. Most of the time, I only switched on 1 Pure Actinic and 1 Actinic Plus. Only someday I'll switch on the other 2 white ones and only for 2-3hrs. Yet my anemones are still bleeched and worse than the last. Keeping anemones with success is really a challenge.

Had done some adjustment to the tank and it's inhabitants. Will update with pics once everything is ok.

• SRC Member

U mean u caught the blue tang and stuck it in a pail overnight? Did you have any oxygen pump running in the pail?...if you didn't and just left the fish in there, then that's probably what killed the fish.

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

To keep my thread "alive"...

Some change of plans to the Clowns and Anemones tank. Most of the bleached BTAs are still surviving and I've left only the long-time surviving paired Golden Stripe Maroon clown, ever small sized Picaso trigger (aka HumuHumu), blenny and two new comer... juv High Fin snapper and juv Harlequin Tusk. Have also added some long tenticles plate, Halio Fungia.

Will post pics once all this stablised. The rest of the clowns are transfered to another tank.