Naso and Yellow Tang not feeding

• SRC Member

I have 5 Tangs in my tank, the Blue, Powder Blue and Powder Brown all eat well. Only Naso and Yellow Tangs is not feeding.

I have tried, Garlic Seaweed, prawn, mysis, brine shrimp, and even live brine shrimp. But to no availability that the 2 will feed. I even tried to flood the tank with Mysis or Brine Shrimp, it still "bo chap"

I do not know what is wrong and they dun look sick. How can I get them to feed?

Any suggestion. :(

How long have this 2 fish in your tank? When they are stress or frighten, they normally don't eat. Give them some time. Seaweed they should like it, what type of seaweed you feeding them? If too big piece, cut into smaller pieces and flood the tank.

• SRC Member
Bro i tink u have not answer d question is both fishes new or existing fish in ur tank?

Bro STORM TROPPER,

Yes they are new. Both are 5 days old.

For YT, I seen it eat pellet in LFS before buying, but now always hiding in the rocks. :cry:

• SRC Member

Bro STORM TROPPER,

Yes they are new. Both are 5 days old.

For YT, I seen it eat pellet in LFS before buying, but now always hiding in the rocks. :cry:

when they feed at the shop, sometimes when brought back, they got stress with the presence of other Tangs, therefore will need a lot more time to adapt and sometimes might have ich bloom too <_<

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
There is no ich on them except seeing the "always hungry" blue tang keeps rubbing its body on the rock.

seems to me tt it's a sign of many free swimming ich parasites in the water trying to penetrate thru the fish protective slime coat. The parasites cld be from the two newly introduced fishes.

as for the food, as Bro Fishtalk suggested, red bamboo is one that most tangs cannot resist...

• SRC Member
bro my advice 2 u look at ur water if the existing blue tang got ich tt means ur newly introduced tangs is definitely is stressed further more its not eating.

at nite wen the lights off dose ur bacteria. wen d last u change water?

Thanks Bro. Anyway, the tank was resetup not more than 2 months.

I am still oberving the tangs and have brought some live brine shrimp for them, hope it helps. :(

• SRC Member

I think Power blue and brown are aggressive tangs. likely the new comers are being bullied by the oldies. Since they are in the tank for some days already, if I were you, I will try the flooding method so that the newcomers get to eat a little.... else likely the newcomer will up heaven... Dirtying the water can be fixed by water change.... Hope your tank is big enough to accomodate so many tangs.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member
I think Power blue and brown are aggressive tangs. likely the new comers are being bullied by the oldies. Since they are in the tank for some days already, if I were you, I will try the flooding method so that the newcomers get to eat a little.... else likely the newcomer will up heaven... Dirtying the water can be fixed by water change.... Hope your tank is big enough to accomodate so many tangs.

I think you are right. Seeing the YT always hiding in the rock.

I do see that it will come out and swim when lights is off.

Hope that everything will be fine after another few days.

• SRC Member

i rest my case since if newly introduced fish is stress n been bullied by d oldies n by flooding ur tank to make them to eat n by simply changing water everytime bought new ones coz been flood so tel me if u can't get the fish to eat coz the other 2 tangs is fierce.

wat r u going to do now ?

flood again after changing water ? wat if it prolong n d fish not eating still flood again n change water again ?

:peace:

• SRC Member

I am at a lost, hope everything will be fine with time. Only can pray for things to come good. :D

Besides, I would like to thank all the Bro/Sis for your sound advise.

Is good to be in this forum with so many helping hands. :bow:

• SRC Member

Dun give up, keep tempting it with food.

However if its cynide caught, its health will decline slowly....

Gd luck!

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member
i rest my case since if newly introduced fish is stress n been bullied by d oldies n by flooding ur tank to make them to eat n by simply changing water everytime bought new ones coz been flood so tel me if u can't get the fish to eat coz the other 2 tangs is fierce.

wat r u going to do now ?

flood again after changing water ? wat if it prolong n d fish not eating still flood again n change water again ?

It's all depend on situation.... tangs are pretty tough guys and as long as they eat, over time they can survive once they are used to the envioroment..... On the other hand, when there are fighting going on and food are little, what do you think of the newbie getting the food then? If you worry so much about nitrates, then a regular water change should bring it down.... My nitrate level is high too and with 20-25% monthly or bi-monthly water change, it was back to 20ppm level. Anyway, having a regular water change regime should do more good then harm 'cos it replace all the neccessary stuffs needed without sophiscated knowledge requirement....

• SRC Member

Realised tt you have pbt too. Since they're super ich magnet and they are now still free from ich, i guess tt yr water parameters shd be still ok.

Since the newbies dare not come out to feed, you may want to consider:

1) taking out the bullies first and house them in yr sump or betta box if you can catch or

2) re-arrange the rockscape to remove the oldies' terrorities and put everyone in the same stage or

3) use mirror method to ease the aggression of the oldies...

Wish you luck, bro. Maybe can post a pic for us to visualise?

• SRC Member
sori 2 hear abt ur tangs do wat is best for d tangs.

not will i answer 2 d question asked by kareen coz he got his own way of doing tt suit him n i've mine.

GOODLUCK.

ok... if I have offend you in any way, apologise for that.