Atlantis-Lifestyle

huister

• SRC Member
Hmmm... Anyway to salvage those tanks that are already sitting in some of our reefers' home?

I'm just thinking out aloud. With all the new gadgets around for the marine hobbiest, I think don't really have to replace the Alantis tank unless one is talking abt upgrading to a bigger or down grading to a smaller one. Can just add a sump tank with marine equipments or with a DSB etc, and run some piping work with chiller or fan, right? If DIY, I'm sure can save money, then can use it to buy more corals/fishes :lol:

Any other thoughts to share?

Bro Nitro,

ya it'll a wastes of $$$$ to replace with another tank. But will be kind tedious to modified the whole tank systems. The overflow area is kinda small to allow a skimmer to sits it. I'll already ask my uncle to remove the coral chips in the overflow area. So the only solution is placing the skimmer outsump :)

To alos increase the circulation, extra wavemakers are needed to place inside the tank. For sump tank wise, there's no space at the cabinet area to cater for it. Therefore, the sump tank would have to be placed elsewhere. Mounting the lights also another problem and the gap area for the lighting is really imited. :(:cry:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Wah... small area to work with but a big challenge for those DIY gurus, haha.

Any DIY gurus dare to give advice and help to our fellow reefer, fishtalk1517?

Hmmm, can post some pics of your uncle's tank and see what are the areas that can be work on and the limitations? Would be good if can show the area ard the tank and the cabinet too. I'm kind of interested to help in anyway if I can.

If you can hook up to a sump tank, u'll already have one water circulation point and if hook up to a chiller, then it's 2 already. So most likely u'll only need 2 power heads or those Tunzes pump to add on.

• SRC Member

Hi all

I am one of the them who are being conned by their sales talk initially...

These are the changes i have made to my tank:

-removed all coral chips

-luckily, i found a deltec skimmer that sits nicely in the compartment which was containing the coral chips previously :yeah:

-change the lightings to T5 HO

-add in a fan for ventilation ( I was lucky then when i forced them to open a hole at the ceiling of the cabinate. They actually said no need ventilation! <_< I am placing the fan on top of that hole now)

-added in UV

-added in a wavemaker

-added in alot more liverocks

After all the changes, I can say that at least I can go for FOWLR without problems :lol:

post-14-1186068040.jpg

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
very beautiful collection of fishes u got there n Bro Lum's x cuban hog doing well in ur tank.

:peace:

Yup... :D. I believe that's the only red colour fish i can ever find to add color to the tank. :thanks: to bro lum

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Wah... small area to work with but a big challenge for those DIY gurus, haha.

Any DIY gurus dare to give advice and help to our fellow reefer, fishtalk1517?

Hmmm, can post some pics of your uncle's tank and see what are the areas that can be work on and the limitations? Would be good if can show the area ard the tank and the cabinet too. I'm kind of interested to help in anyway if I can.

If you can hook up to a sump tank, u'll already have one water circulation point and if hook up to a chiller, then it's 2 already. So most likely u'll only need 2 power heads or those Tunzes pump to add on.

Thanks to all bro for the help tat u guys gonna rendered. :bow:

I've not been to my uncle's place for quite a while already :paiseh: SWat I've done is change the rtn pump to eheim 1262 for stronger circulation and removed all the coral chips. Added a seio 820 too. lights , skimmer wise, been trying to think of one to slot it in the small compartment or else got to have a skimmer outside. I will try to take some pic if I drop by and see wat's all the bro's suggestion here. :bow: Thanks to all again

Bro earth, wonder if I can drop by one day to see how u transform to a great tank tat u have now :rolleyes:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

Thanks for all the valuable experiences shared, so therefore is there any shops to recommend?

Earth:- Thanks for the recommendation of AquaMarin, looked for Janet and asked for a quote, but it is already one month since I have heard anything from her, so disppointing and would like to deal with others whom are more keen to do business.

Huister

• SRC Member
Guys,

Thanks for all the valuable experiences shared, so therefore is there any shops to recommend?

Earth:- Thanks for the recommendation of AquaMarin, looked for Janet and asked for a quote, but it is already one month since I have heard anything from her, so disppointing and would like to deal with others whom are more keen to do business.

Huister

Maybe u wan to give them a call? I am sure AM is not like that. I got my quote on the spot when i was there previously and discussions all done through email. Tank was done within 2 weeks after quote ;)

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Earth,

I have given them a call before, and also sent them an email but just no replies, really disappointed with their service and lack of urgency attitudes. Dun know why, but this is my experience with them. :cry2:

Huister

hi bro well i can understand your frustration cos i gone thru that b4. not too sure why some of the tank maker dont hv the urgency.. but i guess maybe there are busy heehee...

anyway just to share my experience when i 1st hunting for quotations i too sometimes hv to call them(different shops) few times and at last after i compile all the quotes i got i ended up making my 6fts fr not the cheapest quote.

let me put it this way not all cheap things are good and not all good things are cheap.

b4 you decide which tank maker to do your tank the best of the best option is go to who ever hse that done by them and get review fr owner. not only you can see their workmanship but also verbal feedback from owner.

i almost get "A" (not nice to mention name here)tank maker to do my tank till i saw his work. immeadiately i chg to others.

you are almost welcome to view my tank if free ok.can see my tread in members section under mag. but of course there are lots of good + nice tanks to view too in members section.

cheers..

• 3 weeks later...

hi bro well i can understand your frustration cos i gone thru that b4. not too sure why some of the tank maker dont hv the urgency.. but i guess maybe there are busy heehee...

anyway just to share my experience when i 1st hunting for quotations i too sometimes hv to call them(different shops) few times and at last after i compile all the quotes i got i ended up making my 6fts fr not the cheapest quote.

let me put it this way not all cheap things are good and not all good things are cheap.

b4 you decide which tank maker to do your tank the best of the best option is go to who ever hse that done by them and get review fr owner. not only you can see their workmanship but also verbal feedback from owner.

i almost get "A" (not nice to mention name here)tank maker to do my tank till i saw his work. immeadiately i chg to others.

you are almost welcome to view my tank if free ok.can see my tread in members section under mag. but of course there are lots of good + nice tanks to view too in members section.

cheers..

Hi Bro fishtalk, just wondering how your thing with CASE went. I have been very pissed about being conned by them and have seriously considered legal proceedings. Their claim of only need to change 10% water every two months is clearly corporate fraud. Everytime I look at the sticker on the tank about changing water, I feel like banging my head against the wall. :)

Anyways, I have had to add a sump, a deltec APF600 skimmer, two FR for charcoal and phospate, a 650 resun chiller , two 150 MH and a SEIO 820. Bro earth, just wondering how your tank is doing now. Reading your old thread, I think you really went tru a nightmare. I was just wondering if it was worth removing the coral chips from the filter? :blink:

• 4 years later...