how to Attach mush to rock

DeadmanZ

• SRC Member

Hello bros, i juz bought 2 frag of mush from a reefer, but i have no ideas how to attach them to rocks, so i juz use those thread used for sewing de to tie the mush to the rocks.. will this method work? or will it damage the mush? Pls advise on other methods to attach mush on rocks. Help is needed urgently.. thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Super glue gel? wont the mush melt or something?

anyway, the mush are attached already.. but 1 of the frag due to too tight tying, it got cut into 2 and flew away :( .. anyway, thanks to all the bros who gave mi the advises. :bow:

• SRC Member

Hi All,

After hearing the conversation and suggestion, am I right to say that using the Super Glue method:

1. Take out the coral and the LR

2. Glue the coral to the LR

3. Put it back to the tank immediately

Qns1: Do we need to wait for the Super Glue to be dry before putting it back to water?

Qns2: If need to wait for the Super Glue to dry, how long? Will lifting the corals out of water for that period kills the coral?

Qns3: Will putting the Attached coral and LR back, caused any issue to the water parameter, due to the Super Glue?

Qns4: What precautions must we take and observed?

Qns5: Other than Super Glue, can Silicon be used?

I have seen some reefers tank have coral attached to LR na dwith a layer of white stuff on the bottom, is that Super Glue?

Appreciate if someone can enlighten me. Caused, my corals keep felling off from the LR as it is not attached and woory one day it will hurt the corals.

Thank you.

• SRC Member

klim, if i'm not wrong the white stuff you mention should be underwater epoxy. Most LFS sell it. But need to hold or support the joining part as it will dry up only after 4-6hrs underwater.

1154750779_a95e183733_o.gif

--Tank--

3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft - 12mm(Main) Ñ„ 3ft x 2ft x 2ft - 8mm (Sump)

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500