Weekly Update - 30th July to 5th Aug 2007

• SRC Member

Bro,

it's a business world outside comparing who earn more and who earn less.. they know what to do to increase their profits. this we don't need to know.. just enjoy ourselves lor.. :rolleyes:

Bro,

it's a business world outside comparing who earn more and who earn less.. they know what to do to increase their profits. this we don't need to know.. just enjoy ourselves lor.. :rolleyes:

Guys, anything new from Golden Octopus? I noticed they are not posting in this website anymore. They closed down?

• SRC Member

Alot of healthy Purple Tangs @ SeaLife. Size ard 2-4 inches. Saw a few small ones with really good deep colour and beautiful finage.

Spotted one brownish red and one creamy white small cute frog fish at Pasir Ris, think it's at Ah Beng. Price ard $60+ each.

Some nice green, bi-colour(greenish red/brown), lumi green/red centre with lumi red/green side and orangy pratas at Pacific Marine and Irwana.

Alot of healthy Purple Tangs @ SeaLife. Size ard 2-4 inches. Saw a few small ones with really good deep colour and beautiful finage.

Spotted one brownish red and one creamy white small cute frog fish at Pasir Ris, think it's at Ah Beng. Price ard $60+ each.

Some nice green, bi-colour(greenish red/brown), lumi green/red centre with lumi red/green side and orangy pratas at Pacific Marine and Irwana.

purple tang cost $60 ea........... too exp <_<

What Matters Is Not By Comparing Ourselves With Others

What We Can Do For Others Matters Most

Bro he say frog fish cost ard $60, not PT. i think PT price quite standard not more than $40

i wen 2 SL & they quoted $60...... <_<

• SRC Member

Exp or cheap... Up to the LFS and seller. It's a demand and supply thingy, so reefers buy with their own decision lor.

One possible reason for PT @ SGD$60 is bcuz PT not a "whole year round" fish and with all the "can't be confirm" rumors of strict restriction for the export of Red Seas fishes, guessed it explain also.

Exp or cheap... Up to the LFS and seller. It's a demand and supply thingy, so reefers buy with their own decision lor.

One possible reason for PT @ SGD$60 is bcuz PT not a "whole year round" fish and with all the "can't be confirm" rumors of strict restriction for the export of Red Seas fishes, guessed it explain also.

I jus find it so unethical 2 sell a PT @ $60 even though there ar certain possible reasons behind it. ;) Isn't it disastrous if ALL kindda of shipments ar halted due 2 unforeseen reasons, we consumers hv 2 bare wif those sky high prices? :)

• SRC Member

I jus find it so unethical 2 sell a PT @ $60 even though there ar certain possible reasons behind it. ;) Isn't it disastrous if ALL kindda of shipments ar halted due 2 unforeseen reasons, we consumers hv 2 bare wif those sky high prices? :)

if the LS is hard to come by, the LFS will get it at a higher price too...definetely gotta still higher price when retail....

im sure the quality is up 2 standard and SL is reputable for high quality LS...

cheaper PT like below $40 also have, when pasir ris shipment come, you can go buy also... :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

if the LS is hard to come by, the LFS will get it at a higher price too...definetely gotta still higher price when retail....

im sure the quality is up 2 standard and SL is reputable for high quality LS...

cheaper PT like below $40 also have, when pasir ris shipment come, you can go buy also... :D

True .... SL stuffs are good stuffs ... as well as ML.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• Moderators

Totally agreed ;)

Sometime we would rather pay a bit more for feeding life stock with 90% surviving chance in your tank.

Coz end of the day, you probably need to buy 2 or 3 of the same fish to get 1 of them to survive in your tank. :(

Tom

Just sharing my opinion, good stuffs provided we buy them after the life stock started feeding in aquarium for few days.

If we are getting them within the first day of shipment, I guess there are all the same may it be choosing them from plastic bag for tank.

• Moderators

Just sharing my opinion, good stuffs provided we buy them after the life stock started feeding in aquarium for few days.

If we are getting them within the first day of shipment, I guess there are all the same may it be choosing them from plastic bag for tank.

I agreed. From my experience with them, there is a price difference on Day 1 of shipment and after the quarantine period when fishes started to feed. ;)

Tom

• SRC Member

hmmz...dunno if im lucky or what, there is 1 time i bought a clown surgeon for a friend from irwana bali shipment. the shipment jus came in and i jus took it from the foam box w/o unpacking.. my friend released the fish and less den 20mins, it started pecking the LRs and feed on pellets the 3rd day...

till now, it is still surviving.. :lol::lol::lol:

anyway..this thread is outdated liao...pls move to this week's thread.. :rolleyes:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 1

DECOMM EEL TANK

2. 0

WIZARD WEB RECOVERY A LEADING EXPERT IN LOST CRYPTO RECOVERY

3. 0

WTS Saddle Valentini Puffer

4. 2
    5. 0

WTS Corals