Eel in Maldives?

desideria

• SRC Member

Hi there.

here is a picture of an eel ( at least I think it's an eel.. do correct me since I am probably wrong!) which I Saw as I was reef walking when I was in maldives in May. It was only ankle deep water and I Saw something white coming out of a small outcrop of rock.. dunked in my underwater camera and tried to zoom in as much as possible to get whatever it was! LOL. :)

1868960479_f003fc349b.jpg

Cheers,

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

WEll thanks! I tried very hard to get a pic as i just saw something white coming out of the rocks and I just dunked the underwater camera down and tried to get as close as possible to it's cave and zoomed in! THe eel was like the size of my middle my finger? That small! It just looks big in the picture. :)

Glad you liked it.

Here's some other pics I took when snorkling. nothing great.. just tons of fish. LOL The first one is when I was snorkeling near the jetty of the resort and my husband was throwing bread into the water for the fish to eat.. that's why there were so many and they were swarming around me as I went flicker crazy..

1870020380_24acb21f4a.jpg

This one i just like it cause it looks so cute with the focal point being the little fishy right in the middle of the picture. This is in much deeper water than the the above picture.

1870020336_5acff73856.jpg

Cheers,

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

And here's more!!

Dory ( or should I say a powder blue tang..) swimming all by it's lonesome

1870346432_814244faf2.jpg

a nice big parrot fish?

1869447649_34fe64ea7a.jpg

little bright "neon" fishes I spotted too... looked really cool!

1869447681_11f39478eb.jpg

Cheers, ;)

Desi

heh... dory is actually the name of the blue tang (the one with '6' on its body). And the neon fishes are the very common blue/green chromises... very lovely in shoals!

Hi there.

here is a picture of an eel ( at least I think it's an eel.. do correct me since I am probably wrong!) which I Saw as I was reef walking when I was in maldives in May. It was only ankle deep water and I Saw something white coming out of a small outcrop of rock.. dunked in my underwater camera and tried to zoom in as much as possible to get whatever it was! LOL. :)

1868960479_f003fc349b.jpg

Cheers,

Desi

Its' a perfect shot .... very nice....

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

Thank you very much for your kind words but I know that my photography can be much improved. HAH. But perhaps you guys could enlighten me what fish this is cause I saw it and I absolutely love the color...

1874657261_4b454c85f6.jpg

Oh.. and I got this pic of a clown in it's anamone just off the beach! :) IT looks pretty unhappy in the first pic .. hahahah ...

1875451676_694b1f4fe2.jpg

1875432038_4962007fbd.jpg

And this swam by as I was sitting on the deck of our room.. :)

1875412534_23ce17b317.jpg

haahh ok I think that's enough to share with you guys. ENjoy the pics. :) It brings back memories for me too!

cheers, Desi. :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

hee hee... if you guys like sting rays.. NOT the ones to eat but an up close and personal experience with the big kick ###### ones, Banyan tree resort has 8 Resident Sting rays which will come up to feed everyday at 5pm. Here's a snapshot of the Marine Biologist during feeding time in the water

1881959407_4c5de4d35e.jpg

And here's another pic of my foray in the water of this fish going after a piece of bread... I just find it rather funny... I mean.. just imagine what the fish must be thinking and if it's a singaporean fish : CCHHEEEOONNGGG AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

1881959449_04d411cb90.jpg

These 2 fish seem to be on a collision course with each other.

"This sea ain't big enough for the 2 of us..... "

1881959491_b591f60d7c.jpg

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

hheyyy now dun use me as an excuse to go ok!! :) If you want to just go! LOL!!! Then you can come back and WOW us with your photos too. :P

Fish thinking : Get out of my way, I"m the KING OF THE REEF.... for now..

1885411138_7fa2b19199.jpg

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member
hee hee... if you guys like sting rays.. NOT the ones to eat but an up close and personal experience with the big kick ###### ones, Banyan tree resort has 8 Resident Sting rays which will come up to feed everyday at 5pm. Here's a snapshot of the Marine Biologist during feeding time in the water

1881959407_4c5de4d35e.jpg

And here's another pic of my foray in the water of this fish going after a piece of bread... I just find it rather funny... I mean.. just imagine what the fish must be thinking and if it's a singaporean fish : CCHHEEEOONNGGG AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

1881959449_04d411cb90.jpg

These 2 fish seem to be on a collision course with each other.

"This sea ain't big enough for the 2 of us..... "

1881959491_b591f60d7c.jpg

Banyan tree here i come !!! :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Wah thk good ness next year i'm going snorkelling.Hey that is a Maldive Clownfish belongs in the skunk clown family.Aquamarin usually brings that fish in stock.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
That's a parrot fish. Noticed the beak mouth?

And that's an eagle ray.

I've now tempted to go Sipadan in Dec! ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!! :D

dun wait.. just go.. kekeke :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.