Clearing : 5 x 2 x 2.5

jeffrey ling

hmmm....I questioned myself everyday how much I have to invest to get a 5FT tank and stock it nicely.....

I think AT just stating a little fact...the equipment cost and necessory care is overwhelming at times...even for my 4ft...

but hey, if it is a challenge any reefers wan to take up, can just pm Ling and buy the tank off him lah :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

no lah...he is just stating facts as I also noticed that you are also asking for free coral chips in another thread...so just showing concern...

Maybe you are going to embark on a porject whereby part of your your hobby is sustained by adoption and donations from fellow reefers? :rolleyes:

Then...I will really admire your patience and candidness... :bow:

• SRC Member

sometimes it could be "rich people's habits". you never know, our buddy sea marine could be a very rich fellow! save on this, save on that, thats how people get rich! i used to have a friend who live like he couldn't make it past the month, every month. but when he spends..... :bow:

takes the fun out of a lot of the things they do though, eg reefing.

AT u looking down on me??

:erm: I'm just trying to say that responsible reefing is usually accomplished with providing the best housing requirements for corals and marine livestock. That means you have to be willing to spend quite a lot of money on this hobby. Cutting corners often means a compromise somewhere.... and that could lead to more problems in the end. And the ultimate price is not paid by you (unless you electrocute yourself or some damage or hurt is caused by some cheap defective equipment).

If you are not ready for reefkeeping, don't start. Especially big tank projects. If you can't take my word for it, I don't know who else can convince you. I have spend a fortune on my tank and I still don't think it's good enough. :eyeblur:

I know there are some people who want to enter this hobby but not willing to spend money on it... putting their livestock in really pathetic & inadequate setups... and even willing to go to extreme lengths to steal marine livestock and equipment from LFS. :shock:

(please don't get me wrong... I am not saying or implying anything about you with regards to this matter).

I am not trying to sabotage your plans to ask for free stuff... if you can get free things from other hobbyists, good for you... :peace: There are many generous reefers here and if the timing is right... you may walk away with some goodies... B)

Yea...nice point darren...I know of a friend who always very niao..then sometimes parking coupon oso dun put..go out also get treated by fren..then dun treat back one...then in the end he so darn rich...can't stand him...totally irked me...no longer my fren already. :evil:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

th setup cost for my 2'x2'x2' cube tank(2nd hand) + cabinet + 18"x18"x18" sump + LR + coral sand + 1 bucket coraslife salt (cheapest in the market) + sand + lightning + skimmer + fans+ pump + piping cost me almost $900 already <_<<_< .... somemore a lot of DIY + 2nd stuff + transfer from my old tank........ total cost will should shot up to 1.5K ~1.8K if include adding LPS + chiller + tpt... just hope it won't overshot to 2K :unsure::unsure::unsure: