Clearing : 5 x 2 x 2.5

jeffrey ling

I think jeff ling also did not indicate clearly whether he's giving this tank "free" or selling for a price. but as I have noted, n few guys kindly :) pointed out, eh, someone always asking for free stuffs. hehe..

but from his paragraphy, PM to discuss, hmm.. talking abt discuss money or how to shift the LS.

• SRC Member

Btw... :( Hope you guys dun mind.. Juz to note that i'm not giving up.. I'm shifting, tatz why i've got to clear some stuff n reduce casualty rate..

So, come-on... everyone here more or less knows the costs...

Pls dun PM me n offer ridiculous $$ I know i've got to be prepared to make losses, but not lelong la..

:)

• SRC Member

Hi Jeffery

I was wondering if I may ask, can such a size enter a HDB flat?? Do I need to get any special permit from the HDB? :D

I own a 2 X 1.5 X 1 and intending to upgrade and was considering 4ft or 5 ft..... but some advise that I need to get some permit from HDB first and some say it could even enter the lift!!! I mean for a 5ft!!

Any advice for me? Thanks :thanks:

1) technically, you do need a permit for massive tanks as there is a HDB regulation which states that you cannot have more than one tank that hold 600kg worth of mass, inclusive of water, per room. anything above a 4ft will give you around that weight, if you factor in your liverocks and all that kinda hoohaa.

2) but from what I see, I doubt anybody applies for a permit.

3) as for fitting into a lift. I've heard claims of being able to fit a 6ft tank into a small and cramp HDB lift. goodness knows how they did it, and it only came out without any scratches. I think the person must have been pulling my leg.

4) you need not worry as to whether it can fit the lift as the transport company will do it for you. unless you don't stay on a lift level. also make sure that should anything happen to the tank during transportation, that you can do a damage claim back from the transportation company. although more likely than not, its a risk you'll have to take.

5) if you're scared of having scratches or chips, get the tank maker to come to your place to build up the tank. it'll be the best.

6) also worry about the size of your doorway. having a big lift doesn't necessarily mean your door will be equally as big.

hope the above six points helped you in anyway possible. (=

• SRC Member

Thanks Terryansimon....appreciate that. hehe going to upgrade very soon....so excited about it and waiting for my yeard end bonus hahaha

Have to agree, a really expensive hobby but SONG AH!!!! :upsidedown::yeah:

• SRC Member

Have a look at this LINK. It's the HDB guidelines on fish tank. It states anything above 600kg on cabinet or stand must apply for permit. The 6x6 is allowed so long as it is firbre and resting on the floow. For stand anything bigger then 4x2x2 must apply permit (or just dont let them know lor.... :P)