DIY stand for MH

sunny03

• SRC Member

hi guys

saw a post last time using PVC piping as a stand for MH light so i decided to give it a try and this is my result :D it quite stable as my cat had test it with his paws.

post-9-1068995383.jpg

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
Nicely done.

Can you show a close-up please? And more information about the parts?

Did you DIY the MH light too?

Thank you.

maybe these close up will helps i am using x2 "T" and x2 "L" joints and some pipes

the MH light not diy maybe next time i try to DIY

post-9-1068997117.jpg

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
Nice. Can it withstand the weight? Is your MH heavy?

should be no problem cos i using 16mm pipe and i drill hole for the wire to hide inside the pipes so it make it neater

post-9-1068997850.jpg

• SRC Member
Wat did u use to attach the light to the pipe? :unsure:

:evil: notice there a white metel on the pipe i bent it slightly to form a hook to hook onto the pipe and re=enforce with cable tie B) now the biggest worry is the pipe can withstand the heat from the MH or not ??? :nc: maybe in the future i using wooden or those metel pipe as the holder lor if the PVC can withstand the heat :evil:

• SRC Member
wan,Nov 17 2003, 10:39 PM] but this is workable only for ppl with euro bracing

great idea, if u can have canapoy to cover the stand lagi best if i have a canopy i would not make the stand liao

wat is that ??? euro bracing :upsidedown:

• SRC Member

I believe you can cut a small gap in the pipe to let it sit on the glass.

thought of this but by cutting the pipe it weaken the pipe as the cut is on the centre so bend the metal or blacket is a better choice and to re-enforce it drill two hole on the blacket and secure with cable tie :blink: