Jervis' Reefing Renaissance

jervismun

• SRC Member

the white box contains ur new CR?

Cant wait to see it in action.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro Kelstorm and WLChew: Both sharp eyes... will put it aside for the time being as I still have loads of stuff to tend to... will try to take a pix of this new toy later.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Time for some update :)

Changed my overflow comb as the old one was covered with dead coralline algae. I am beginning to enjoy playing with Silicone :eyebrow:

020101.jpg

Just a reminder, DO NOT use silicone inside the tank... you should let it dry for around 24 hours before touching water.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Here's a horrid indication of DI Resin long overdue :pinch: Tap water reading for Mohd. Sultan Rd. area is 67 ppm. Meaning, these overdue resins will pollute the water.

020103.jpg

After changing 2 new Resins and activated carbon :)

020104.jpg

After 6 hours of filling up... it's time to dump in some salt :D

Seen here... my trusted salt mix (has been using it since day 1) plus my trusted refractometer.

020102.jpg

Let's ROCK N ROLL :upsidedown: :upsidedown: :upsidedown:

A glimpse of my rockscape... seconds after dumping in 2 bags of Marine Environment Salt (6.8kg) :rolleyes:

020107.jpg

Please note that under normal circumstances (if you are using live rock), you will have to mix the water first, then only you add in the live rocks... or else you will kill almost every living organisms within the rocks.

Come on.... Lets see more...

I might downgrade my tank soon too...

Will take some pix tomorrow... more work to be done tomorrow.

Bro you planning to convert your existing tank to more energy-efficient? Or downgrade to a smaller tank?

• SRC Member
Will take some pix tomorrow... more work to be done tomorrow.

Bro you planning to convert your existing tank to more energy-efficient? Or downgrade to a smaller tank?

Both... Would take yours as an example... But hope to keep my existing LR.....

Going for 3x2x2 or 3x2.5x2.5. after my wedding dinner this year. Should have some leftover budget...

Hey bro i took a yr's break from SRC came back u decom tank that took great pains to set up what exactly happened if u dont mind me asking. Btw Happy New Year! ;)

Glad you are back... well... nothing happen actually... after coming back from Japan (possibly influenced by the energy efficient Japanese)... sorta wanna do something that is inline with my plan for the future. Did a review on my setup and decided to improve it further. On the other hand... it's a very unpopular topic as most of us prefer to not think too much about it :D

Both... Would take yours as an example... But hope to keep my existing LR.....

Going for 3x2x2 or 3x2.5x2.5. after my wedding dinner this year. Should have some leftover budget...

Example? Err... we'll see :paiseh: :paiseh: :paiseh: I will try my best and surprisingly... I am beginning to enjoy a little bit of DIY :rolleyes:

Hi Jervis, the fake rocks you mentioned looks pretty real with the coraline algae and all. Are they real algae or some professional paint jobs?

Paint job... but the paint they use are non-toxic as experienced by a fellow reefer (his Kole pecked all the fake coralline algae without sign of poisoning). Yeah they look pretty nice.

The water is ready for testing this morning.

Sg: 1.025 (the way I like it) - Refractometer

kH: 7.5 dkH - Tropic Marin

Calcium: 480 ppm - Salifert

Magnesium: 1420 - Salifert

Perfect :rolleyes:

030101.jpg

Since the water parameters are in check... I decided to proceed to the next stage right away :)

030102.jpg

Live Sand shipped from the US... traveled thousands of miles... it's not very environmental friendly actually. But decided to go for it as I desperately need Live Sand (to offset my artificial rocks)... but I only dumped in 4 packs, quite minimal but sufficient in my opinion. Will try not to overdo things this time round :D

For more information on:

Natures Ocean Bio-Activ Aragonite Black Bench Reef Sand

It's a new product Aquamarin brought in actually... I'm one of the firsts I believe.

But once settled down... I immediately realized that the thousands of miles of traveling is worth it... this is the first time I choose something so radical for my substrate :eyebrow:

030103.jpg

Black live sand look very nice.....

I'll take a full tank shot tomorrow... but it will take a bit of getting use to... too use to whitish substrate :paiseh:

• SRC Member

man.. looking at the black substrate, reminds me of diving in lembeh straits... :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

man.. looking at the black substrate, reminds me of diving in lembeh straits... :P

That particular diving spot... is it a barren?