• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
ur pic

1st one is sun coral..

2nd is zoos

3rd one is coralline algae

i must c ur skimmer then can tell u ...

mayb u knw ur skimemr is e simple typ one air stone inside?

or driven by pump needle wheel type?

Hahaha...That means I got free coral with the LRs!

Yeah, the skimmer is the simple type with 2 air stones in each one of them.

Cheers

• SRC Member

if u can, change the skimmer.. those air stone type will clog and efficiency will drop.

One way to tell when ur tank is matured. NH4 = 0. read up on the nitrogen cycle.. i'm sure u can find it in this forum.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
if u can, change the skimmer.. those air stone type will clog and efficiency will drop.

One way to tell when ur tank is matured. NH4 = 0. read up on the nitrogen cycle.. i'm sure u can find it in this forum.

Yeah, have seen the curves. Thing is, while my NH4 is low, NO2 is 0, and NO3 is climbing. NO3 should not be climbing unless both NH4 and NO2 have been broken down! So I'm not quite sure what to make of my water parameters now.

Cheers

• SRC Member
Yeah, have seen the curves. Thing is, while my NH4 is low, NO2 is 0, and NO3 is climbing. NO3 should not be climbing unless both NH4 and NO2 have been broken down! So I'm not quite sure what to make of my water parameters now.

Cheers

are u running skimmer now? u been changing water? hold the water changes for the time being and monitor the parameters. otherwise, u cannot get the true pic.

also, since u hv LS now, i cannot ask u to stop the skimmer. Just that the process will be lengthen and take a longer time for the anerobic bacteria to grow.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
are u running skimmer now? u been changing water? hold the water changes for the time being and monitor the parameters. otherwise, u cannot get the true pic.

also, since u hv LS now, i cannot ask u to stop the skimmer. Just that the process will be lengthen and take a longer time for the anerobic bacteria to grow.

Am running the two in-tank skimmers that are part of the quickstart system. My tank is only 5 days old!!! How to change water so soon :D I'm still waiting for the cycling process to be over, but based on my water parameters, I'm wondering if it's already completed!

I added bacteria to the tank on top LS and LRs as well, so I think bacterial colonisation should be ok. My second piece of prawn is happily rotting away on my sandbed, but the water doesn't smell too bad. The skimmers are throwing up loads of yellow smelly stuff, which I presume are DOC.

BTW, is water temperature expected to rise as the tank matures with increased metabolism in the tank?

Cheers

• SRC Member

Hmm... How can one tell if the cycling process has complete by looking at the skimmer? Possible to complete in few dayz? No more testing for spikes n stabilize?

Btw it's true, those air stone type skimmer will clog... While waiting u can look ard for one tat suits ur tank n ur pocket. ;)

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

• SRC Member

U know what? I think the tank's cycled already. As difficult to believe as it may be.

Latest water parameters

pH 8.4

SG 1.024

Temp 27.6

NH4 <0.25 (dropped!!!)

NO2 0 (still)

NO3 10 (no change)

And if those pictures are really of corals, I'm looking at more and more of these blooms in the tank! As well as a few more clusters of coralline algae.

*fingers crossed*

• SRC Member
nh4 still arnd means cycling imcomplete..

that is wat i mentioned before. NH4 dropping means signs of NO2 will start to rise. in this case, ur Nitrogen cycle had just started!!!!

• SRC Member
that is wat i mentioned before. NH4 dropping means signs of NO2 will start to rise. in this case, ur Nitrogen cycle had just started!!!!

True true...

But then why do I have nitrates? No offence k, really can't quite understand that one...if my tank isn't already breaking down nitrites, I should have no nitrate source right?

ermz..

this thrend like nt very long lehz..

u also neber dose anything how can ur coraline algae grow so fast??? :pirate:

the rock ain call live rocks for nth..

even new salt inside got 0.00001 of nitrate mahz..

how can have no nitrate pressence????

somemore ur rock inside got many thing living inside need to make a poo also.. lolx

many poo = many nitrate lolx..

if anything die lagi more nitrate... :pirate:

u seriously must consider a better skimmer reali....

else u c nice coral u cannot buy kinda feeling lahz...

e airstone skimemr process is really slow n skim really slow..

if u say a low efficient skimmer skim alot of smelly thing out meaning there is still longer cycling meant to be done...

• SRC Member

PLEASE STOP YOUR TANK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the angle bars you use WILL NOT hold the weight of your tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use a lot of them in my work and I know, it is impossible to use that for a stand.

PLEASE, before your tank starts to fall off... the stand will be strong for a while but because the weight is NOT distributed properly,

it will collapse on long run... whatever the person or whoever he is telling you it can hold 80kg or whatever, please discount half...

I am serious, very sorry to tell you that, but please consider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pinch:

Hey Bro, last sat i went to jm i saw your tank on the floor, I'm so sorry to say that you are another beginner that cheated by jm. They are very bad merchant who always cheat beginner so that then can earn so much money.The system is $188, think twice you will know how can a plastic box with a pharm worth $188? that is ho they cheat people.I was also a beginner two year ago so i bought that system because i believe that the system was as good as the boss told me. after a week i known that was not possible set up a tank use that system. I fell i was so stupid to believe them.

She must told you that first day you mix salt with water then put in liverock, if you do that after 3 days you will know how smelling is your tank, she also say her salt is the best ask people to buy the 'ABC". I can tell you that all that kind of "yao fen" she import from Thailand and repack themself then sell to us ,you can go to internet check there is no "reefmax" such brand!Last time she ask me to buy the ph tester instead of no2, no3, she say once your ph is ok then everything will be ok. after one week i must test no2 before put in any fish, but she say no need, you know why she say so? because the ph tester worth 75 dollars,while the no2 tester is only $15.

mY SUGGESTIONS to you is take out the two bloody system because the back glass cant take it ,there is about 20litre water inside the system. make hole on you tank and add a sub tank below that will be best.

buy 2 seio 620 enough for your tank to make current flow, because now no flow in your tank.and dont use the reefmax salt , because the reefmax salt no2 is very high.

Do not trust them anymore study your self from forum is a doog way to improve because we are fish lover not fish killer that only want to earn money.

Two more things I want to tell you is try to sell back these two system. But i dont think they accept.The box looks like very simple you can actually diy yourself. the pharm inside is too small as I know it should be 250L/H(I bought a 900L/h only $15) buy a sub tank.two system=188+188 a subtank only about $100.Plus pharm about $200.skimmer must buy a good one.

the light is also two weak you need to upgrade as later you will know more about corals.

PLEASE STOP YOUR TANK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the angle bars you use WILL NOT hold the weight of your tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use a lot of them in my work and I know, it is impossible to use that for a stand.

PLEASE, before your tank starts to fall off... the stand will be strong for a while but because the weight is NOT distributed properly,

it will collapse on long run... whatever the person or whoever he is telling you it can hold 80kg or whatever, please discount half...

I am serious, very sorry to tell you that, but please consider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pinch:

This is certainly very alarming!

I agree with Jasment that you should change out your stand to something a lot more stronger.... or you'll be seconds from disaster! Don't underestimate the weight of a marine tank and don't overestimate the strength of those shelving bars... a little twisting and the load will shift or your joining of the bolt/nuts will fail in due time.

waaaa achilles tang u go out mountain campign arhz

finally come down from mountain super long neber c u post reply liaoz...

can teach me how to post e pics with e resize thingy... :thanks:

as for BRO MBMC

u can always refer back to us if u r unsure abt any reefing stuff..

we would b more than glad to help u ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• SRC Member

whoa! Don't use caps la, i kenah shocked! :) ok. Point taken. I'll try and find a proper tank stand. And find a way to transfer the tank over. It was a diy attempt that maybe not quite good enough. Tank weighs about 200kg.

I was sorta wondering why nobody mentions jm on the forum. Maybe you guys have seen things i haven't before. Anyway, bought liao bo pian, doubt they'll take it back. See how things go first, but i definitely don't want a sump system even if that's the best way. Must look at other systems that way first.

I'm not intending to stock up yet, maybe just a clown to help cycle my tank.

A bit discouraging to have so many negative comments, but i gotta take this in the right spirit. Thanks to all the lao jiao for the advise :)

whoa! Don't use caps la, i kenah shocked! :) ok. Point taken. I'll try and find a proper tank stand. And find a way to transfer the tank over. It was a diy attempt that maybe not quite good enough. Tank weighs about 200kg.

I was sorta wondering why nobody mentions jm on the forum. Maybe you guys have seen things i haven't before. Anyway, bought liao bo pian, doubt they'll take it back. See how things go first, but i definitely don't want a sump system even if that's the best way. Must look at other systems that way first.

A bit discouraging to have so many negative comments, but i gotta take this in the right spirit. Thanks to all the lao jiao for the advise :)

Haha, dont give up bro! I was just like how are you feeling now before, after a few years you will be a lao jiao bird. My another suggestion is take out the sand. your tank can put in small fish 10-20 and some Lps no problem, but sps cannot.

Why not take out the two system, take out the rock, water, then ask people to divide your tank as front and behind.Behind divide into four part. 1water in 2 put in a skimmer(you can buy a small and slim one about $35, 3 put the things as you put inside the jreh system 4 parm water out. This is also a very popular design. jireh' system put the skimer at first is totally wrong. jireh's skimer very noisy.

• SRC Member

ABout the stand yes i say stop and change but abt JM i dun agree.They are the sponsors around here and u say it very loudly over here.My goodness try and shout in their shop.Hmm the saturday all i noe the tank is on the floor.

girlone.png