2x1x1 A Humble Beginning

vt_snowman87

• SRC Member

Hi all reefers,

finally had the courage to post up some pics of my humble newbie tank.. :D

it's a 2ft x 1ft x 1ft, using very budget system and only been stable for abt 7-8 mths now.. so im still very 'green' into reefing and hope to learn more from all the pros here..

cheers to all.. :thanks:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

comes from my very own mushroom garden.. ;)

sorry if my hp camera can't really capture the colours.. can't afford digital camera.. :cry2:

in white, and in actinics..

post-9599-1202294806.jpg

post-9599-1202294839.jpg

• SRC Member

some humble zoas collection i have.. :D some blues, purples, eagles, and jade ring.. jade ring courtesy of bro fishtalk.. :eyebrow:

post-9599-1202303024.jpg

hmm... u have my fav zoa which i am still trying to find =) FTS

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

bro surferguy, haha im using very lousy equipment, sharing a 2ft sump with my dad's 4ft tank.. and using lousy weipro skimmer.. :heh: which is why my bioload is super low, only 2 fishes in my tank..

bro hammy, haha sorry i only got this tiny frag of sunflowers.. if got more sure frag for u k! =) thanks again for the sand.. good quality one.. will be using it for my new tank.. to use as DSB probably.. ;)

will post more pics shortly, happy new year to all!

bro surferguy, haha im using very lousy equipment, sharing a 2ft sump with my dad's 4ft tank.. and using lousy weipro skimmer.. :heh: which is why my bioload is super low, only 2 fishes in my tank..

bro hammy, haha sorry i only got this tiny frag of sunflowers.. if got more sure frag for u k! =) thanks again for the sand.. good quality one.. will be using it for my new tank.. to use as DSB probably.. ;)

will post more pics shortly, happy new year to all!

not bad lah based on your equipment. ur mushroom open so big!

• SRC Member

upgrading soon! that's why looking for big skimmers and equipments.. haha..

ya those mushrooms were only few centimetres when i bought them.. and they have more than doubled in polyps.. last time only got 9 polyps when i buy.. the last time i counted, 19!! fragged out and sold or traded away liao.. =)

the bad thing is the big mushrooms always cover the smaller new babies, den the smaller ones wont get enough lighting.. from the pic, there's abt 5 more polyps covered under those big umbrellas.. <_<

• SRC Member

hi bro, sunflowers courtesy of bro dersuz.. =) got one time he was selling them.. very nice guy..

• SRC Member

Hi Snowman... finally ur tank is up on the thread... Oh ya... Happy New Year to U and Ur dad :lol: The jades are in safe hands and doing well :bow:

How can u call ur tank noob ?? :sick: Its great and well taken care of bro... More pics ya :D

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

i only playing softies now, so there's nothing spectacular la bro fishtalk haha..

some tonga zoas.. i call it kiwi.. coz reminds me of kiwi colour.. :lol:

post-9599-1202566196.jpg

• SRC Member
i only playing softies now, so there's nothing spectacular la bro fishtalk haha..

some tonga zoas.. i call it kiwi.. coz reminds me of kiwi colour.. :lol:

I got this kiwi too from the tonga shipment. The are not easy fellows to keep thou. Lost one whole colony for no reason, jus tat too difficult to keep.. But I do see tat there are surviving well in ur tank tank ya :rolleyes:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

sometimes they contracted zoapox from the local fish farms one.. which is quite common actually.. what i do is i use a toothpick to pick out these pox at night.. they ooze out one, gross.. :sick:

might not be the correct way to cure zoapox from what i researched.. but well, it works for me.. but takes patience, every night must pick out those new white spots.. sooner or later the pox count will decrease, and wala! cured liao haha.. thats what i do la.. but i think might differ from different tanks.. especially bigger tanks, not quite possible to take them out every night also.. =)

• SRC Member

gotten this baby from henry's abt 1 week ago.. just a common clown, but what i love abt him is his special halved-tail-strip! haha love at first sight.. :wub:

nothing spectacular, but i think clowns with weird stripes very cute haha.. bro fishtalk, ur clowns more special.. gems.. :eyebrow:

post-9599-1202569401.jpg

• SRC Member
gotten this baby from henry's abt 1 week ago.. just a common clown, but what i love abt him is his special halved-tail-strip! haha love at first sight.. :wub:

nothing spectacular, but i think clowns with weird stripes very cute haha.. bro fishtalk, ur clowns more special.. gems.. :eyebrow:

Beri bright orange and special tail patterns indeed ... nice :rolleyes: