My simple and humble tank

Digiman

The lipo's exciting blue color justifies its price tag! But I'm pretty sure u will sell the peclieri in time to come.. => when rarer fish comes in!! :)

I do agree the pelicieri has lost its novelty after the new found collection point.

The fish is now not so unobtainable anymore, albeit still costly.

I hope to see you featured on Marine Aquarist mag someday

For that to happen i have to base in US. Furthermore i dun hav any nice tanks to show. Just dull but stable setup for my fishes.

Hows the spanish grouper??

Doing perfect. There are four fishes in the main tank and two of which that did not make their appearance: Bodianus Neopercularis and Spanish flag.

I also still have one elegant blenny and an undescribed black cryptocentrus in the main tank.

love your Interruptus the most

too bad pocket not deep enough

Sadly my interruptus lost one eye due to pop eye. The right side has the eye while the left side eye is lost. However fish is still eating and doing v well. It'll stay with me until it dies a natural death.

• 2 months later...

Another undescribed fish.

Sacura Sp.

This fish could be juvenile Sacura Margaritacea from Japan. However i got this fish from a Bali shipment where Margaritacea is not known to occur. Its identity will be revealed when it grows bigger.

• SRC Member

You are definitely very passionate about fishes. Mind sharing your good practices? From collecting the fish, quarantine (if you do), till releasing the fish into the display tank. I'm sure we could learn a thing or two on fish care.

You are definitely very passionate about fishes. Mind sharing your good practices? From collecting the fish, quarantine (if you do), till releasing the fish into the display tank. I'm sure we could learn a thing or two on fish care.

Ok my two cents worth of sharings... Here goes:

1) Stock slowly! If there is one most important rule in this hobby it has to be this one! Adding livestock slowly is especially difficult to achieve for a new reefer because he will see many things that he likes and will want to buy all. Senior reefers we grow bored of many things and it becomes less of a problem to us.

2) Avoid certain difficult species especially those that can potentially wipe out the whole tank as they are just not worth taking the risk! Some tangs and butterflies are ich and velvet magnet and i try to avoid them as much as possible.

3) There is no need to quarantine every single fishes. Some fishes are better to add to the DT as fast as possible than to stress them putting them in QT. I always lose a fish when i have to move it to QT. Maybe i am bad at maintaining a proper QT, but seriously how many reefers here do?

4) Fishes die of too many reasons and most of it unknown. I have accepted it and losing a fish is painful to me now not because it is expensive, but because it is irreplaceable. If you cannot accept it like me, then there is no need to go into rare and expensive fishes. You can find equal joy in keeping a nice reef tank with modest corals and fishes.

Happy reefing everyone!

• Like 2

I fully agree fishes can die from many unknowns.

How we wish fish can tell us when they are unwell! Alas! bad things happen rapidly ..

But Digis results speak for itself. Generally speaking, rare fish could not have found a better home..

• 2 weeks later...