My simple and humble tank

Digiman

• Senior Reefer

Me too, i wan flavicauda and tuxedo damsel. Hope one day can get canary damsel and the rusty flame also. I cant imagine how beautiful my tank will be if can obtain and add all these "nonsense" fishes.

well the good thing is, flavicauda, tuxedo damsels etc are on the stocklist. meaning they can be obtained without request, but subjected to availability.

these two should not be too impossible to obtain. compare to rosefascia, femininus, etc. these are really the ones that require immense amount of waiting. like for years iwarna have been bringing in vanuatu imports. but only less than 5 times have roseafascia appeared, and feminimus has yet to appear.

nvm i will keep a lookout for them the next time!

Digi, now I know why you said my fish so norrrrrmal... Hahaha..

But as you can tell, I don't have much nutrient export, so controlling fishes is my way. Besides the FA bully really doesn't allow me to add anymore fish without casualty.

Glad you like the gorgornian but you know what?? It's nothing compared to your blue seafan!!!

*drooool* love it!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Digi, now I know why you said my fish so norrrrrmal... Hahaha..

But as you can tell, I don't have much nutrient export, so controlling fishes is my way. Besides the FA bully really doesn't allow me to add anymore fish without casualty.

Glad you like the gorgornian but you know what?? It's nothing compared to your blue seafan!!!

*drooool* love it!

The blue seafan is indeed gorgeous like u said. I've poor records w NPS corals. I tried many seafans before and they all die in a short time due to lack of feeding. But when i see these rare blue seafans at LCK brought in during carribbean shipment, at $20 for a v big brunch, spread almost 1.5ft length, it's so hard to resist and i bought one to try. However i remain pessimistic and believe it's beauty will be shortlived. To my surprise i'm so wrong, it's not as hard as other seafans i've tried before, with only one to two feedings of cyclopeeze per day it remains open most of the time. I hope it'll continue to do well for me.

Sadly seafan is a no-no in your soon to be fully SPS tank, they require quite a high amount of feedings and the rise in nutrient level will be harmful to your SPS.

Torture time again w my lousy camera. Next year i'll switch to a DSLR i swear!! In the meantime jux hav to bear w it.

After such a long while my tank is back to softies again. This time w even more cheap and beautiful softies (Well i know most of u are probably shouting out now: OMG the corals are UGLY!).

The tank look so empty but there are actually a lot of small "nonsense" fishes swimming around:

5x chromis lineata (I love them, but v fragile, hope all 5 survive)

5x banggai cardinal (my favourite currently, they school rather tightly)

2x bartlett (dun like them, fierce and fight a lot)

5x flavo anthias (two still hiding, too small for my liking)

1x hanae goby (growing on me, more and more bold during feeding)

3x Dispar anthias (if not for the alpha males at Ah Beng...)

2x Rolland damsel (Indo version i got at $1 each, but one of it went missing since day one)

NICE TANK... Love the corals and the Gorgonian.. Next time must ask you to help me choose softies... LOL... All the leather turn out healthier than in CF tank.. LOL...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

NICE TANK... Love the corals and the Gorgonian.. Next time must ask you to help me choose softies... LOL... All the leather turn out healthier than in CF tank.. LOL...

The soft corals at CF are already quite nice, tat's why i'm always drooling and excited over them when i'm there. But u all always "look down" on the corals and me. Under the T5 lights the sarcophytons actually exhibit different and nicer shades of green which my camera cannot capture. Never mind i'll soon change camera so until then..

I would offer to exchange an inch of my gorgonian with ur seafan. But oh well, you already have both...

By any chance, if you like to take up the offer, let me know k.

:)

Haha ok, but like u said i already hav both so prob no. Anyway there are still some carrib blue seafan left at LCK in the seahorse tank. U can check them out the next time u go LCK.

The soft corals at CF are already quite nice, tat's why i'm always drooling and excited over them when i'm there. But u all always "look down" on the corals and me. Under the T5 lights the sarcophytons actually exhibit different and nicer shades of green which my camera cannot capture. Never mind i'll soon change camera so until then..

I NEVER SAID LEATHERS ARE UGLY... But that day was looking for zoas, so dint look at the Leathers.. :upsidedown:

BTW where you got the Gorgonian...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

I NEVER SAID LEATHERS ARE UGLY... But that day was looking for zoas, so dint look at the Leathers.. :upsidedown:

BTW where you got the Gorgonian...

It's a big branch in Iwarna's display tank which auntie keep for herself. So i see it for many weeks wanted it v much but tot it's not for sale. Until one day the gorgonian end up in the outdoor tank, den i enquire and there this malay guy i think is Iwarna's neighbour, he say belongs to him but he can sell to me so it ended up w me.

If u're interested, there are quite a few v big branches at Jireh. But they are really big and long.

I'm hoping my gorgonian will grow into the one like wilsontan's. His is really gorgeous w big polyps extension.

It's a big branch in Iwarna's display tank which auntie keep for herself. So i see it for many weeks wanted it v much but tot it's not for sale. Until one day the gorgonian end up in the outdoor tank, den i enquire and there this malay guy i think is Iwarna's neighbour, he say belongs to him but he can sell to me so it ended up w me.

If u're interested, there are quite a few v big branches at Jireh. But they are really big and long.

I'm hoping my gorgonian will grow into the one like wilsontan's. His is really gorgeous w big polyps extension.

Maybe will take a look this coming weekend.. LOL.. Hopefully not too ex...

Your Gorg is already very big and its shape is very nice...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

Maybe will take a look this coming weekend.. LOL.. Hopefully not too ex...

Your Gorg is already very big and its shape is very nice...

The shape is v nice, but polyps does not open big enough. Wilsontan's one is really fluffy! I'm thinking maybe it's a lack of flow for mine.

The shape is v nice, but polyps does not open big enough. Wilsontan's one is really fluffy! I'm thinking maybe it's a lack of flow.

With high flow the polyps will extend longer according to NPS reefers...

Think more feeding and when it is used to your feeding regime it should extend more...

Member of:

Digi, I think after what you said, I must go take a pix of the ggn and share.

Fluffy indeed it is, but I really have no clue why, cos Ive kinda stopped feeding the fish/corals a few months ago due to cyano outbreak.

Only periodic coral snow (a few drops) and abt 10-15 pellets a week.

I'm just glad the ggn turned out nice, but sadly, it's a boring brown colour. :(

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Digi, I think after what you said, I must go take a pix of the ggn and share.

Fluffy indeed it is, but I really have no clue why, cos Ive kinda stopped feeding the fish/corals a few months ago due to cyano outbreak.

Only periodic coral snow (a few drops) and abt 10-15 pellets a week.

I'm just glad the ggn turned out nice, but sadly, it's a boring brown colour. :(

Yes, the thickness and fluffiness of your gorgonian has to be appreciated in person. It's brown but at least it's photosynthetic, that means without feeding it'll still survive and do well as long as ample lights are provided. Whereas those colourful ones always die after a while.

• Senior Reefer

@ wilson. your gorgonian is photosynthetic. feeding plays a less important role than light.

@ digi. let's hunt for this gorgonian together. Pseudopterogorgia bipinnata. Its very colourful, appearing in purple, yellow, pink etc. it has a VERY unique shape, like a giant feather. and most importantly, it's photosynthetic. it's from the carribean and i think reborn bring in before, but i want big colonies of it.

here's some pictures.

no carribean biotope will be complete without it.

post-15755-006255400 1284911933_thumb.jp

post-15755-003376700 1284911942_thumb.jp

post-15755-037181200 1284911960.txt

post-15755-008949800 1284911970_thumb.jp

@ wilson. your gorgonian is photosynthetic. feeding plays a less important role than light.

@ digi. let's hunt for this gorgonian together. Pseudopterogorgia bipinnata. Its very colourful, appearing in purple, yellow, pink etc. it has a VERY unique shape, like a giant feather. and most importantly, it's photosynthetic. it's from the carribean and i think reborn bring in before, but i want big colonies of it.

here's some pictures.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

here's some pictures.

The carribbean photosynthetic gorgonians are the most popular in Japan and US cos they are so nice. But sadly v few varieties reach us. Hope RB can bring in more of these beauties as their carribbean supplier is the best thus far.

I'm never a big fan of SPS or expensive LPS tank. Softies dominated is more my cup of tea as it's cheaper, easier and i can continues to keep angels and butterflies. And below are some of the old japanese soft corals dominated tank which are my inspirations (look at some of the super rare fishes in their tanks, lucky japanese pple). I hope can add a few more finger and seafan and grow to be like their tanks.

post-10328-092534900 1284992441_thumb.jp

post-10328-061755000 1284992450_thumb.jp

post-10328-039656600 1284992460_thumb.jp

post-10328-030100500 1284992467_thumb.jp

post-10328-009882600 1284992475_thumb.jp

post-10328-072953400 1284992488_thumb.jp

post-10328-008146200 1284992497_thumb.jp

post-10328-050791500 1284992502_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

to be honest, alot of gorgeous soft corals we cannot get here.

if you think our leathers are green, you aint seen nothing yet. softies are extremely gorgeous but we don't get the nice ones here. that's why i gave up my dream of a softy ONLY tank.

there are

- neon green cabbage leathers (Sinularia brassica)

- Neon green sinularia leather corals

- gorgeous white Xenia unbellata corals from the red sea

- purple kenya tree corals (Capnella sp.)

and so many more.

the only two very very rare soft corals i have now is the true neon blue cespitularia and the green nepthea. both of which are now unobtainable and extremely rare. blue cesp may reappear again depending on steven, but green nephthea will never appear again.

my blue cesp is different from the one circulating the market now. it's a different strain. next time i will pass you a frag of each when they grow bigger.

gorgeous neon green and electric blue softies are sure to make your tank even more beautiful.

• SRC Member

The carribbean photosynthetic gorgonians are the most popular in Japan and US cos they are so nice. But sadly v few varieties reach us. Hope RB can bring in more of these beauties as their carribbean supplier is the best thus far.

I'm never a big fan of SPS or expensive LPS tank. Softies dominated is more my cup of tea as it's cheaper, easier and i can continues to keep angels and butterflies. And below are some of the old japanese soft corals dominated tank which are my inspirations (look at some of the super rare fishes in their tanks, lucky japanese pple). I hope can add a few more finger and seafan and grow to be like their tanks.

digi try making your tank look like the third picture since you have the master piece in it already LOL