My simple and humble tank

Digiman

aiyo digiman your photo taking skills cannot show case the true beauty of your rare fish.

next time i go your house help you. even though i don't have a DSLR, i think can help you take some decent pics.

I planning to get a DSLR next year, den i'll take better pics again when another rare fish i aiming for v long is coming, which i hope, by CNY!

I planning to get a DSLR next year, den i'll take better pics again when another rare fish i aiming for v long is coming, which i hope, by CNY!

Get a prosumer camera if you are not a very technical person.. DSLR can get very troublesome for you and if you dun really use it much it will be waste of the money and the camera as you wun get to use some of the functions...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Get a prosumer camera if you are not a very technical person.. DSLR can get very troublesome for you and if you dun really use it much it will be waste of the money and the camera as you wun get to use some of the functions...

Thanks, u're right, i should jux get a semi-pro. A DSLR in my hand is as good as a throw-away.

wah lao! i still have not seen mine yet lo! :(

Dracula can hide for a week. Be patient, it'll suddenly appear and once it appears it'll be less likely to hide again.

Cool fishes u got ther bro... Nice tank too...

Thank U.

Cool fishes i agree, but tank i feel can be improved.

My scape is terrible now, i hate it!

Dracula can hide for a week. Be patient, it'll suddenly appear and once it appears it'll be less likely to hide again.

I hope so bro! It's so sad to see such a lovely fish hiding or even dying somewhere and you not know about it! :X

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

Wah digiman... That's one heck of a collection you have there. :) The rockscape isn't bad la.. it's pretty cool actually and the colors of the corals.. looking GOOD. :) Really nice and colorful tank you have there.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Wah digiman... That's one heck of a collection you have there. :) The rockscape isn't bad la.. it's pretty cool actually and the colors of the corals.. looking GOOD. :) Really nice and colorful tank you have there.

Thank you.

The easier way for me instead of changing the scape is to cover the rockscape with corals. The best thing about LPS is they are so colourful and can fill up the tank v fast and make it v colourful in the shortest time, like a candy store.

get one or 2 more draculas if your wallet allows...coz these fishes are bolder in a group with a dottyback in your tank

some nice corals at the bottom will make your tank super rock n rollin'

Adding one more dracula if they are both males will they not fight? The draculas at AM are running out already, hard to get cheap ones next time.

Thanks for the suggestions, i'm slowly trying to cover the bottom sandbed with corals too. Jux added an open brain and a cynarina to the right hand side. Scolymia and acans are nice but too ex for me.

post-10328-0-39570100-1293418972_thumb.j

• SRC Member

u can add some soft corals like shrooms, zoas and yumas...these can be place side by side with your brains at the bottom...

I know what aHsiang means but somehow.... the last part of placing it side by side with "your brains" at the bottom.. tickles me to no end..:lol::lol:.

really colorful corals you have there digi. :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• 1 month later...

Happy CNY.

I took over LCF's old 3ft tank and two days back jux transferred everything from my 2.5ft to the new tank.

Following is a FTS this morning:

post-10328-0-30102200-1296708658_thumb.j

It's v orange becos the tank is only running on one tube of 24W white T5. Evening time will be switched to the tube of 24W blue T5.

• Senior Reefer

very simple and colourful tank with many rare fishes.

singapore's only pair of johnsoni fairy wrasse

rosae dottyback

tapeinosoma dottyback

terelabrus sp

thiellei clownfish

latezonatus clownfish

ventralis anthias

helfrichi goby

do you still have your lotilia?

very simple and colourful tank with many rare fishes.

singapore's only pair of johnsoni fairy wrasse

rosae dottyback

tapeinosoma dottyback

terelabrus sp

thiellei clownfish

latezonatus clownfish

ventralis anthias

helfrichi goby

do you still have your lotilia?

Nope the lotilia is sold to marinebetta who has a nano tank to take better care of the fish. It's in good hands now.

The fishes in the tank are my pride and precious. The corals are secondary.

My updated stocklist if anyone is interested:

Thiellei clownfish

Latezonatus clownfish full bar CB

Helfrichi goby

Ventralis anthias x 2

Pseudochromis tapeinosoma

Pseudoplesiops rosae

Johnsoni wrasse Pair

Terelabrus Sp. (maldive)

Bluestripe pipefish

Full Moon Goby x 2 (v cryptic but they appear during feeding)

Curious Wormfish (cannot see but it's hiding in the sand and is still alive)

• Senior Reefer

Nope the lotilia is sold to marinebetta who has a nano tank to take better care of the fish. It's in good hands now.

The fishes in the tank are my pride and precious. The corals are secondary.

My updated stocklist if anyone is interested:

Thiellei clownfish

Latezonatus clownfish full bar CB

Helfrichi goby

Ventralis anthias x 2

Pseudochromis tapeinosoma

Pseudoplesiops rosae

Johnsoni wrasse Pair

Terelabrus Sp. (maldive)

Bluestripe pipefish

Full Moon Goby x 2 (v cryptic but they appear during feeding)

Curious Wormfish (cannot see but it's hiding in the sand and is still alive)

very impressive stocklist.

after CNY when we get our rusty flame angels and my melanistic BLACK longnose butterfly, it will be even better.

very impressive stocklist.

after CNY when we get our rusty flame angels and my melanistic BLACK longnose butterfly, it will be even better.

Haha yes, my tank need an angelfish!

Also i need to consider getting a hawaii endemic fish. Cannot take risk, better get now or never!

• Senior Reefer

Haha yes, my tank need an angelfish!

Also i need to consider getting a hawaii endemic fish. Cannot take risk, better get now or never!

yes.

readers incase you're wondering,

there's word goign around that all fishes from mainland hawaii might be banned. so better get your hawaiian endemics now before there's no chance.

i'll make a thread.

Ok i on the blue T5 and here's another shot tat depicts a more accurate colour:

post-10328-0-75908400-1296713156_thumb.j

I'll get a better camera soon, now using hp camera so v blur.

Marcovan, can u spot the three LPS u gave me in the picture? Thanks for the corals, they make filling up my tank even faster.

why does your johnsoni look so red? is it flashing

Yes it's flashing. Cos i on blue lights. I normally on in the evening and whenever blue light is on it'll flash. So it get use to it and whenever i on blue light it'll flash for a while.