A new beginning

wilsontantw

You certainly have sps fingers just like Dr Ang. Must confer you a DR too. Dr Tan.

cheers

Wah... this thread has very strong SPS poison...... ... lol Dr Tan, Emeritus mentor... lol

My HEART getting very itchy ........ lol... SPS anyone?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Wah... this thread has very strong SPS poison...... ... lol Dr Tan, Emeritus mentor... lol

It's not poison bro. Haha. Just natural progression in the hobby isn't it?

When we start, we buy everything, then some survive, most die.

We learn abit more, go for exotics, then expensive LPS and some easy monti. Then we slowly climb up the pinnacle of reefing (keeping SPS).

The kick (at least for me) is not just the colours or rarity if the SPS. But it is its' fast growth compared to other hard corals.

With the growth you can tell you are doing something right. Maintaining an eco-system equilibrium in a confined and controlled environment.

The trick, as simple as it sound, is to ensure water quality is optimal, not just for one day or one week. But consistently over the entire period. Without equipment to help, there's absolute no chance the SPS can survive for long. Especially when most of us have day jobs (that stretches into the night)...

I've personally benefited from using:

- chiller

- auto timers

- oversize skimmer

- filter socks (one to trap detritus and anothe bag to store carbon/rowasphos)

- 3-stage DI unit with good reef salt (uses to be tropic marin pro-reef) now D&D.

- and my "difference maker", the dosing pump!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

i'll be going AM on Mon during lunch time...if got sps over there, will frag one piece for u to start poisoning :lol::evil:

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Siang: I still owe you a FTS. Will try to get one shot done tmrw after voting for the right TAN!

This week so many shipment... Good time to stock on SPS and LPS. Sigh, small tank... Small ambition.

YES, tomorrow my family will be voting for the RIGHT Tan...certainly not the one with the double T :groupwavereversed:

l7304smr.jpg

Now this is what we call colony!!! Super. Showpiece!

Yes, indeed Mike's TOF is now consider a mature colony at it's best size (color has yet to catch up though). I am kind of surprise on it's growth rate at his tank, quite clear that the placing of the coral frag has hit the sweet spot as well as correct amount of flow directed at it.

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Call me when you arrange it. I want to learn too. Preferably after 18 sept weekend.

thanks,

mike

We may be arranging something from the 19th, though not firm up yet. You can check with Wilson to see what's his plan during that week, think he is on leave or somehting, \

then we can go lim kopi together :eyebrow:

Have been battling green slime algae for a month with no success. Despite siphoning and water change.

Had to recall the retired Skimz Monster FM100 back into action together with hundreds and hundreds of bio pellets soldiers to fight the enemy!

Completed installation on 3 sep: 12nn.

Day 0 observation: tank water turned abit cloudy.

Is that a sign that my water is nutrient-rich?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Have been battling green slime algae for a month with no success. Despite siphoning and water change.

Had to recall the retired Skimz Monster FM100 back into action together with hundreds and hundreds of bio pellets soldiers to fight the enemy!

Completed installation on 3 sep: 12nn.

Day 0 observation: tank water turned abit cloudy.

Is that a sign that my water is nutrient-rich?

r u using the biopellets with FR?

l7304smr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Sponsor

Green Hair/Algae is fed by phosphates. Biopellets are more for nitrate reduction. Phosphate removal via biopellets is a very slow process which is why it is recommended to run together with iron-based phosphate removal media like Phosban. I will have the new low-range phosphate test kit from Fauna Marin arriving in a few weeks if you require an accurate test kit.

Distributor for Fauna Marin, Reed Mariculture, Reef Nutrition, APBreed, Dr G's Mariculture, Florida Aquafarms, Repashy Superfoods, New Era Aquaculture.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

looking good bro...

Good to see you here again bro...

Both tanks are in the midst of removal now...

Green Hair/Algae is fed by phosphates. Biopellets are more for nitrate reduction. Phosphate removal via biopellets is a very slow process which is why it is recommended to run together with iron-based phosphate removal media like Phosban. I will have the new low-range phosphate test kit from Fauna Marin arriving in a few weeks if you require an accurate test kit.

Hey bro, thanks for the offer... I'll definitely need something like this in future...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Quick update.. A new beginning is coming to an end soon...

Its about time to bring to a close this 129 pages thread...

Will appreciate if mods dont lock this thread.

This thread will serve as a fond memories of yours, when you look back, all that's written here, the pain and joy which you have gone through will serve as an interesting diary of how far you have gone that reefing road ...

This thread will serve as a fond memories of yours, when you look back, all that's written here, the pain and joy which you have gone through will serve as an interesting diary of how far you have gone that reefing road ...

Yes sir. Indeed. This thread serves to remind me of a very interesting reefing journey over the past 3 odd years...

Hopefully it can help other friends who just joined this hobby.

Not to mention all the helpful reefers, like yourself, who helped so much along the journey and are now good friends.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|