A new beginning

wilsontantw

And this is batman watching over my mushies corner and super sun.

post-13920-1233492169.jpg

on the other hand, i've got a favia to let go...

post-13920-1233492182.jpg

Has been with me for a few months liao...

Any reasonable offer will be considered... (but must have a tank that's ready for coral...)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Today bought something very fun...

Guess what???

After pampering myself with the corals... decided to get something that pampers them...

post-13920-1233596890.jpg

Been trying to find a 2nd hand piece, but can't seemed to find it, so decided to get a brand new one.

The Tunze Nano Wavebox

Here're the parts:

post-13920-1233596907.jpg

Can't really show how it works - no video capabilities, but i can tell you, the sound of waves - SHIOK!

(not tidal waves ah, just swish-swosh-swish-swosh) But i think have to increase the voltage to get maximum effect - now running only on 14V dc... (2nd lowest).

Can see the bubbles swaying and sun coral tentacles moving... maciam like real...

Quite heart pain when i bought it, but realised this is one hobby that once you're in it, you just sink deeper and deeper.

I still have the 6025 to run in tandem with 6206. It doesn't replace the wavemaker, just complements it.

With this, I made a resolution to strip my tank of unnecessary fish and corals in my upcoming rescape... (am already running the layout in my mind everyday).

Thus stay tuned for some really really cheap sale coming up within the next few days.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

wha wha wha!!! didnt know you falling deeper and deeper! hahahha.. looks like really need to rescape soon!

Indeed you are right! Falling deeeeeper liao. Nevermind, if in future i selling, i'll let u know.

I just seen my bro-in-law's new tank and the scaping... Very sleek. Clean yet enough place to put lotsa corals. No dead spots at all.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Went Irwana earlier today to find some leftovers or see if any cheap sales... (actually there are cheap sale!)

Can't really say how much cheaper, but its really quite a lot of savings!

Today's purchase 4x items.

1) Pretty common by now... cateyes

A couple of polyps opened within 5 mins of introduction to the tank.

post-13920-1233251521.jpg

y is there a blue colour section below this pic ?

some error ?

i tink u need a financial meeting soonz lolx...

btw ur red man eater get from ah beng place?

saw a few stuff i saw previously..

but nt e goldies zoas.. lolx..

that piece was bought for quite some time, think more than 5 months le.

the golden ones quite rare, dun think i've seen before...

My corals are currently being toppled all over the place by this irritating algae blenny. he's FAT now and has the strength to topple corals...

Anyone has suggestions to 'fix' corals to LR?

Super Glue (Aquaz?) or the 2 parts plasticine look-alike stuff...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

y is there a blue colour section below this pic ?

some error ?

haha... no lah, not error... it's part of my cabinet...

see: this link or scroll up and see post #352

It allows me to place some items in front of the tank temporarily...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
Indeed you are right! Falling deeeeeper liao. Nevermind, if in future i selling, i'll let u know.

I just seen my bro-in-law's new tank and the scaping... Very sleek. Clean yet enough place to put lotsa corals. No dead spots at all.

wha.. must go see ur bro-in-law one soon.. hahaha.. didnt know its at his place already... in cycling stage now?

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
The trap seems not working too well.

Maybe the fish got smarter.

Anyway, will just wait for a few more days.

Today decided to drop by LFS to buy some NSW... wanted to buy a red prata for CNY, but realised that the red is quite dim maroonish... Or at least those left.

Plus, how to pay more than 2 blue notes plus some red notes... bo pian... so drove around to find some 'cheaper' catch.

Managed to see a few gems... i can't say which LFS, but they had sun corals as big as 2 fists combined. And it's super healthy. Going for less half of the price of the 'red' prata lor.

In order to reward myself for waking up so early for LFSing... i decided to buy some corals...

1) Ultra Luminous Green Open Brain. How do i describe it's colour??? You gotta see it to believe it... now... how do maintain it? Any advice anyone??

post-13920-1233491379.jpg

It's got a little bluish coloration too.

post-13920-1233491411.jpg

Your shui shui orchid brain put on the sandbed or somewhere below will be better.

Their tentacles come out only at night, so they feed when lights are off.

l7304smr.jpg

wha.. must go see ur bro-in-law one soon.. hahaha.. didnt know its at his place already... in cycling stage now?

it's up liao. cycling for 2 weeks, now LR in, cycling again.

i think next week, he'll start the LFSing... hehe... so i better start to rescape my tank fast! prepare more space for shopping...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your shui shui orchid brain put on the sandbed or somewhere below will be better.

Their tentacles come out only at night, so they feed when lights are off.

ah... so this is called orchid brain... nice.

yeah, i wanted to put on sandbed, but it'll be done after the rescape.

Else once it's on sandbed, i'l have to 'touched' the flesh, which i'm trying to avoid.

strangely, at night, the brain is 'bloated', probably a sign that he doesn't like where he's positioned now... bo pian lah.. gotta wait for 1 more weekend.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer
ah... so this is called orchid brain... nice.

yeah, i wanted to put on sandbed, but it'll be done after the rescape.

Else once it's on sandbed, i'l have to 'touched' the flesh, which i'm trying to avoid.

strangely, at night, the brain is 'bloated', probably a sign that he doesn't like where he's positioned now... bo pian lah.. gotta wait for 1 more weekend.

hope u can move it soon. corals like brain,plate,elegance, like to be on sand, coz on the rock, they rock might damage the soft tissue. but i think 1 weekend, it can tahan bah. :)

hope u can move it soon. corals like brain,plate,elegance, like to be on sand, coz on the rock, they rock might damage the soft tissue. but i think 1 weekend, it can tahan bah. :)

yah, thats why i made up my mind, this weekend i will rescape the tank no matter what.

am already planning the new scape, spare water, containers to contain corals, fish, rocks...

Maciam like planning for water rationing... haha.

eh, u interested in galaxy coral? im planning to let it go... and also a favia.

Will be selling it cheap cheap.

galaxy: spherical shape, abt 5" in diameter - $15 or your best offer

Favia: spherical shape, abt 5" in diameter - $10 or your best offer (some minor RTN on the bottom due to placement on sandbed and lack of care... but it can recover if treated with TLC).

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer

what is RTN? lol..rotten? interested in both, but i need to do some planning first. currently my tank(if u look at my thread) no planning...corals anyhow put. i need to plan space for the future galaxy and favia. also, i need to read up and see hwo to take care of them first haha. dun wan to buy liao then bring home and it die =( but i am interested in both....haha

what is RTN? lol..rotten? interested in both, but i need to do some planning first. currently my tank(if u look at my thread) no planning...corals anyhow put. i need to plan space for the future galaxy and favia. also, i need to read up and see hwo to take care of them first haha. dun wan to buy liao then bring home and it die =( but i am interested in both....haha

eh, you want, you come this saturday to my place and take.

Take first, money can come later, i dun mind. Or take it as we 'trade' for the blue mushies lah.

RTN = return to nature (i.e. DIE liao).

btw, i also didn't really plan, just anyhow stack, anyhow place... that's why now kena rescape (i think it's my 5th rescape in 1 year liao), but this is going to be the last rescape (i hope). This time i'm going to be using rock-bonder to do it. So die die gotta make it work!

oh yes, i've got one algae blenny (BIG AND FAT) to put on sale too... i think this one can fetch about $10 ba...

MAJOR rescape this weekend ah... no LFSing... sigh.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer

be sure that when using the rockbonder, the rockwork is to ur 100% liking =) later glue liao.....irreversible....so better confirm first and make sure u like it haha. i have just read about favias and galaxea..seems like both have a very powerful sting especially the galaxea. my tank now only have space for one of them. will have to decide which one lor. no la the blue mushies, its a gift from me to you lor haha. i usually dun charge for my frags coz my frags usually very small. i think i can spare 2 mushrooms to you only =( coz my mushroom haven grow yet, and still got other ppl asking for frag lols.

Oh and i would reaaaly appreciate it if you could post pictures of ur favia and galaxea for me to decide =x if too much trouble, no need. i think u ever put pic of ur favia somewhere b4? i will go find it later.

Hey Wilson, I think my butt and hand are getting itchy. I to rub some sand and stir some salt water to cure it. But really no time for a new setup now..

woah, my friend... finally see you post something in my thread!

setup, sure siong! furthermore gotta spend lotsa $$$ and your setup is not 'simple'! haha.

now besides house, you got baby + the 4-wheeler... sure heavy burden. And i'm sure you dun need me to tell you that there's no short cut to this hobby hor!

btw, i still have your that 1ft+ boulder LR! (but after this saturday, it'll be broken into pieces liao) hehe...

why dun do a thematic one? 2' pure SPS tank?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Dun wan SPS liao. My frens and relatives say looks like rock. I want something can moving about, sway left and right. Hinted my wife just now, her face expression doesn't look promising... :(

• Senior Reefer
Dun wan SPS liao. My frens and relatives say looks like rock. I want something can moving about, sway left and right. Hinted my wife just now, her face expression doesn't look promising... :(

haha! i also find SPS look like rock...like sticks! but they do look nice.

haha... how abt a mix reef? after i bought the nano wavebox, i realised i also like something 'swaying'. i saw a piece of true octo, but too expensive man... 3 digits.

will still keep a lookout.

am going to collect my blasto on sunday. (red with purple mouth) hehe.

but true also lah, SPS does look like rock, unless you're into the hobby, you wun know how tough it is to keep SPS.

eh, do what i did... every time my baby cries, i bring him to the tank and he stops! See, that way, she cannot stop my marine hobby!

hehe.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

hi bro... any updates on your FTS hehe...

FTS? you mean this??

post-13920-1233940722.jpg

haha... i just completed part 1 of my rescape plan...

Remove all corals from main tank and place in tub (thanks to bro flame-tail for the loan... he is currently enjoying life in Bali!!)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|