A new beginning

wilsontantw

buy to replace? dun lah... build up more 1st.... unless u have no space already.....

reborn has a lot of pink and gold right?

i had to do some major shifting earlier to make space... (moved 2 rocks of zoas to the sandbed).

wah... Reborn got pink and gold?!!? tsk tsk tsk... no lah, i'm not going down anymore. Unless there're some really ho liao (which would have been gone by now).

I think i may have something like 'darker gold'... The one in the center?? maybe mustard could be the right colour to describe it.

post-13920-1267216808_thumb.jpg

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

no lah... eagle eye's nano can house 41 leh... yours shld still have space!

I believe if my memory serves me right... his rics don't open that big leh... imagine... 40rics, each opening to the size of 2" in diameter... eh, quite unimaginable...

Remember, he's got some nice acans, blastos, cynarina (which opens DAMN HUGE), super sun (garden) rhizos, zoas and not to forget 2 or 3 True Octos hor!

However, i could be wrong... waiting for him to post his new FTS wor....

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

wow good looking ric everest there...

so i see you had spent a lot of time from just now till now!

if you mean glueing them, nope... the actual glueing was very fast (though very messy one).

I spent a lot of time thinking where to place the new stuff. Besides, the bartletts were getting restless in their bag.

Then went out... only came back home after midnight... Watched DVD (good show - Bodyguards & Assassins)

Pictures were taken shortly after i placed them in tank... just did the picture selections.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
i had to do some major shifting earlier to make space... (moved 2 rocks of zoas to the sandbed).

wah... Reborn got pink and gold?!!? tsk tsk tsk... no lah, i'm not going down anymore. Unless there're some really ho liao (which would have been gone by now).

I think i may have something like 'darker gold'... The one in the center?? maybe mustard could be the right colour to describe it.

You are building up a very nice ric collection already... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Or just like the RED PRATA craze, remembered one was going at $400.00!!! Demand will always be there, furthermore there is never enough of rics that one ones to own.

I see more pros than cons in rics.

Pros

Hardy,colourful,small foot print, don't need calcium......its endless

Cons

Expensive

I think most people would stop at 30-50 rics... :eyebrow: Anything more and you probably wouldn't have enough space in your tank for other corals unless you intend to have a mainly rics tank... :upsidedown: Of course if you have a 5ft tank, you could have 1,000 rics and still have space in your tank for other corals... :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Ricordea Florida galore... waiting for the newbies to acclimitise soon...

post-13920-1267235803_thumb.jpg

wow so nice...how many u bought yesterday at iwarna and at reborn? :eyebrow:

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

watching dvd leh... after that cant sleep.

anyway, do u know what time is ktizo shipment?

You still wanna go shopping ah! you champs! call philip or ask ray for his number.

:bow:

Yea... kinda stick them too close together, bro!

Yes sir, you are absolutely right, i think especially for the new rock, i 'lost my bearings' during glueing...

But fortunately for the old batch, i stick 2 per rock. That gives me the flexibility of moving them around. :)

NICE ONE WILSON!!!!!!!! I likey.. gonna take pics of my ric rocks too. :)

Cheers

Desi

Hey thanks thanks, must let the newbies bloom, they are under stress still, apparently my glueing skills really suck! There're 2 pieces floating around.

You still wanna go shopping ah! you champs! call philip or ask ray for his number.

I have Philip's number, just wondering how much his rics and if it's worthwhile to drop by.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Sigh... again, i think i just wasted some $$$ on some livestock... While waiting for Rics @ Iwarna, i got myself 3 bartletts... Very confident i could keep them alive, as i usually do not have issues with fish. Tried to put them into a basket (instead of betta box), and by this morning, all 3 were swimming in main tank.

And by the time i'm home in the evening... only 1 is swimming in the tank. Saw 1 carcass (Cleaners shrimps having their $33 buffet). Can't find the other piece.

Should have spent this money on rics instead!

Instead of a ric update (which i have already done in my earlier posts) I'd like to udpate other corals... this time SPS.

I know my tank has lotsa nitrate and phosphate problem... i think some of these SPS still can blossom. While i try to clean up the tank. big poo tangs are definitely going to be removed. (PT and ABT). Kole, i think i'll still keep, as it requires minimal feeding.

Current SPS (ONLY 3 nia)

1) Monti plate - red. It was bleached when i got it as a gift from a fellow reefer. Grew to double its size, now colouring up, but some parts died during my 'non-maintenance' period.

2) Monti plate - bright green. Gift from Yong Shun. Thanks BRO! So far so good... colour maintaining well... only been 1 week, so can't tell it's growth yet.

3) RadioActive - hmm... dunno what. Gift from Cedric. KUM SIA BRO! So far it's opening up nicely... Looks exceptionally brilliant right smack in the middle of the tank! looking forward for it to grow grow grow...

post-13920-1267280505_thumb.jpg

If anyone wants to contribute (beginners pieces pls) - i will be very appreciative! or can also exchange with some of my other softies...

Apologies as there are no pictures so far of item 3. (have to take them tomorrow)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Hi Wilson

Sad to hear about your barlett... similar to what happened to us... we bought 5, 1 wasnt very healthy (got a scratch i think) and died.. then later another also gone...

Also, perhaps you have bought the wrong sex.. they say if keep multiple, must get 1 male and rest female.. otherwise the males will fight until left 1..

Anyway, thats life... sometimes is like that.. take it easy.. :)

Hi Wilson

Sad to hear about your barlett... similar to what happened to us... we bought 5, 1 wasnt very healthy (got a scratch i think) and died.. then later another also gone...

Also, perhaps you have bought the wrong sex.. they say if keep multiple, must get 1 male and rest female.. otherwise the males will fight until left 1..

Anyway, thats life... sometimes is like that.. take it easy.. :)

yo ketchup... the thing about new fish in my tank... is that they will be bullied by the ABT and PT...

Unfortunately for the bartletts, even the royal gamma and kole decided to be part of the 'bully party'.

Well, i guess after 1 day of settling down, i found the other bartlett. So i now have 2 alive and 1 KIA.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
yo ketchup... the thing about new fish in my tank... is that they will be bullied by the ABT and PT...

Unfortunately for the bartletts, even the royal gamma and kole decided to be part of the 'bully party'.

Well, i guess after 1 day of settling down, i found the other bartlett. So i now have 2 alive and 1 KIA.

why u dun put them in betta box first? :unsure:

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

why u dun put them in betta box first? :unsure:

i actually did... but they swam out (i didn't use a proper betta box, coz it takes up too much space and i dun have a QT.)

anyway, new update... revived my mini frag station.

did some minor mod, so that the frags stay within the station and doesn't fall over.

reduces flow as well. :)

post-13920-1267341558_thumb.jpg

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Some items in frag station (some are in for ICU, some are in recovery mode, some are there to be shared...)

Oh yes, ric again... this time - a BLEACHED one. Trying to revive it's colour (to be updated)

post-13920-1267341731_thumb.jpg

A Paly that I call Brazil

post-13920-1267341671_thumb.jpg

Frags...

post-13920-1267341701_thumb.jpg

Other frags...

post-13920-1267341720_thumb.jpg

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

This SPS frag... opening up nicely. Is this a radioactive birdnest??

post-13920-1267342104_thumb.jpg

Monitoring its condition daily...

sure looks like it

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W