A new beginning

wilsontantw

Its a good product, so I believe people are still willing to buy. I'm sure there will be price adjustments as things progress.

Agree. Just got two packs from Fuel and a first hand demonstration - the hardening is incredibly fast ! that will be very good for application which needs very fast bonding such as rock work or placing of heavy / large coral frags.

Good staff !

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

heya bro!, nice meeting you @ bro Cedric's house for e worldcup game, sorry didn't able to chat much with you guys as i was late. :) though I don't normally watch soccer, but could tell it was a beautiful game by German, until their 4th goal, lol.

Like your tower for ya corals! looks somewhat like LOTR (eye of Sauron!) cool stuff! :evil:

Hey bro Milch. Nice to meet you and pai sei for the delaye reply man.

The tower is quite unstable actually. Haha. Been waiting for a good time to epoxy them up and the sps as well.

Just something I need to place sps. Thanks to bro bino for "sponsoring" them.

Agree. Just got two packs from Fuel and a first hand demonstration - the hardening is incredibly fast ! that will be very good for application which needs very fast bonding such as rock work or placing of heavy / large coral frags.

Good staff !

Oh yes. Thank to fuel for the live demo! He could get it done so easily while I fumbled a few times.

Btw JK, I accidently dropped the piece that you helped me epoxy last nite. :(

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Oh yes. Thank to fuel for the live demo! He could get it done so easily while I fumbled a few times.

Btw JK, I accidently dropped the piece that you helped me epoxy last nite. :(

I fumbled a few times too. Rather hard to epoxy the frag when you don't have vision of the spot that you have in mind. I managed to do it successfully as you had helped me find the spot. :blush:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Guys. I having thoughts of downsizing the tank.

Thinking of having 2 smaller tanks to share 1 sump instead

Idea is to have 2x 1.5' cube tanks side by side. One for dedicated sps another for Softies, namely rics and zoas. Filtration will be shared sump with return to sps tank and sps overflow to softies. (not sure how but hope it's possible)

Another option is to have 2 return pumps to both tanks.

lighting wise, I will recycle my 2' T5. LR can recycle too. Sps will be bare bottom and softies will have DSB.

Both tank will have a gap between them to accomodate 2' lights and I'll custom build a cabinet to enclose both tanks and sump.

Sps tank will have minimal and low-bioload fish, whereas softies can have slightly more fish.

Objective is to have easier maintenance, scaping etc etc. I'm finding it tough to control the water flow in a mixreef with both sps and softies in a cube-like setup now.

Any suggestions/comments are welcomed...

This is just a preliminary thought. :)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

since both still goes into the same sump even with different return pumps...

bioload in both tanks will still even out no?

unless the tank with sps has more LR and such.. or more frequent water change from the sps side then there would be a difference maybe.

but if sump filtration is powerful and flow is just the main issue... your intentions will suit to meet your needs

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

get a 4 footer la....solve all your problems

LOL, I like your suggestion :chair:

Btw, Wilson that's a nice Sunnyside up you have :thumbsup:

So how was the repositioning of the pump working out ?

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

4 footer is, sigh... All but a dream for now.

Am having a shitty time @work. Dun dare to over commit.

Anyway I like the sunny side up too. An exchange program. :)

I changed the pump positions on Sunday itself. Tried to siphon out the red slime. But guess what... It's back again!

Tamade, I think my tank nutrient level too high.

Oh back to the pump positioning. The corals simply love it. The milli polyps are opening double it's prev length. Looks quite impressive. Will do a minor rescape this weekend. Will tear down the sps tower and create something less obstructing. Can add another layer to the rocks on the left to add more potential frags/colonies.

But zeolite is on the way, will start that once I read up a little more. :)

btw, has the new "Ho Liao" open fully in ur tank already?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Guys. I having thoughts of downsizing the tank.

Thinking of having 2 smaller tanks to share 1 sump instead

Idea is to have 2x 1.5' cube tanks side by side. One for dedicated sps another for Softies, namely rics and zoas. Filtration will be shared sump with return to sps tank and sps overflow to softies. (not sure how but hope it's possible)

Another option is to have 2 return pumps to both tanks.

lighting wise, I will recycle my 2' T5. LR can recycle too. Sps will be bare bottom and softies will have DSB.

Both tank will have a gap between them to accomodate 2' lights and I'll custom build a cabinet to enclose both tanks and sump.

Sps tank will have minimal and low-bioload fish, whereas softies can have slightly more fish.

Objective is to have easier maintenance, scaping etc etc. I'm finding it tough to control the water flow in a mixreef with both sps and softies in a cube-like setup now.

Any suggestions/comments are welcomed...

This is just a preliminary thought. :)

just in case u missed out this point...since both tanks are sharing the same sump, you have to control the feeding for ur non sps tank.. it kinda defeat the purpose of having 2 seperate tank other then the fact that u can "adjust" the flow rate of each tank to suit the coral needs...

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

just in case u missed out this point...since both tanks are sharing the same sump, you have to control the feeding for ur non sps tank.. it kinda defeat the purpose of having 2 seperate tank other then the fact that u can "adjust" the flow rate of each tank to suit the coral needs...

harlow ray! hows the AM to PM conversion going?

Wilson do you need carpenter KY to saw anything? or the next week

• SRC Member

harlow ray! hows the AM to PM conversion going?

Wilson do you need carpenter KY to saw anything? or the next week

hey... conversion is good from the second day onwards.. hur hur hur... cant really find any nice LFS around in NY city! hahahha

hows everything?? Wilson? my tank all good?

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Hey Ray, I kinda gave up on the 2-in-1 tank idea. So it's either a 4footer or stay put. Currently it's stay put.

Have not been calling nat about ur tank bro. Pai sei. But will drop by for the weekly water change. FYI, both nat and I didn't buy water, so I got innovative... Starte buyin new carbon and resins for my crystal pro. Have been using that previously.

You ok hor?

Carpenter KY: yes ah, may need 2 strips. But why don't u tell me where to buy? I can try and swing by and get it done? Mine is simple, just 2 strips about 2' x 2" x 2". Just need to prop the lights higher away from water surface.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Just some quick updates on the tank... dated: 7/11

recently acquired SPS...

post-13920-001347000 1278791750_thumb.jp

post-13920-089929400 1278791735_thumb.jp

post-13920-099410500 1278791688_thumb.jp

post-13920-072330500 1278791676_thumb.jp

post-13920-004697400 1278791663_thumb.jp

slowly crossing into the darrrrrrrrrk side...

i like this post-13920-004697400 1278791663_thumb.jp.

nice composition. :thumbsup:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Thanks bro Law. That's me taking a shot at being "creative". Haha. Am inspired by all your shots bro.

How's your venture into the darkside coming along?

hi wilson,

no bro, everyone can do those kind of shots, just need more practice and imagination. :thumbsup:

me still taking my own sweet time on SPS, not alot of "fate" with them. Everytime during SPS shipment, i was always abit too late till the good looking sexy ones are gone.

but its okay, things kept coming often. ^_^

your sps seem doing well, all looks so hairy. ahem ahem... :lol:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

hey... conversion is good from the second day onwards.. hur hur hur... cant really find any nice LFS around in NY city! hahahha

Manhattan NY side have a lot.. unless you meant not up to standard :<

Hey Ray, I kinda gave up on the 2-in-1 tank idea. So it's either a 4footer or stay put. Currently it's stay put.

Have not been calling nat about ur tank bro. Pai sei. But will drop by for the weekly water change. FYI, both nat and I didn't buy water, so I got innovative... Starte buyin new carbon and resins for my crystal pro. Have been using that previously.

You ok hor?

Carpenter KY: yes ah, may need 2 strips. But why don't u tell me where to buy? I can try and swing by and get it done? Mine is simple, just 2 strips about 2' x 2" x 2". Just need to prop the lights higher away from water surface.

you intend to nail them in? i got mine randomly from stores i see along the way. will be so easy to know of a workshop with such tools

• SRC Member

Buy online, get them to ship to you and you can hand carry back lor! :whistle