suncoral

ReDDeviLs

• SRC Member
hi last wk i have seen alot of sun coral at farms and LFS...was thinking of getting 1 of them.. may i know isit hard to keep? need any target feeding like market prawns or wat?

Think sun coral will only open when feeding or during night time,not so sure cos never hv one

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member

When you pour brine shrimp or other frozen foods into your tank in the evening to feed your fishes, your sun corals will open up after detectig the brine shrimp juice..

After it opens up, you can feed it the liquid invertebrate target food using a syringe.. Simple as that!!

Just make sure you don't overfeed and harm your water conditions... And oh yah.. it may take a few days for the sun corals to finally open..

I find that suncoral need more strong current than anything. can put anywhere, maybe even your toilet bowl, as long as it got strong current, it will slowly open up when it sense food.

light shelter is secondary, primary is good flow of current.

That's is really nice.

I have the sun coral for close to 2 months now.

I cant get it to open fully.

My advise is dont get it unless you have the patient to get it to open.

as long you give it strong current it will open up nicely. I feed my suncoral almost everyday.

post-7-1069328042.jpg

WOW! thats very nice!!!!

Thanks...theres about 35-40 polyps (big ones) and a few small baby ones.

you'll be surprised that i didn't open for months when i first got it...to the extend that i thought its dead. Was in a funny location, and too lazy to feed then :P

Feed it, and you'll be rewarded. Coincidentally, it always open everyday around the time that i usually do my twice weekly feeding.

That's is really nice.

I have the sun coral for close to 2 months now.

I cant get it to open fully.

My advise is dont get it unless you have the patient to get it to open.

Maybe you'll like to entice it to open with cyclopeeze for a start. As mentioned, mine was shut for a long time, until i bought my first can of cyclopeeze to feed my fish..and it was then i realised that my sun coral still alive :P

its stinks enough to even make my black sun coral open its first time in my tank...and this is how the beauty look like everynight now..

post-7-1069328628.jpg

Hi Euphoria,

Nice chubby piglet u got there :P

But won't u be tempted to feed it when it opens up "begging" to be fed ? :P

Hi Ong...yes very tempted. But the thought of feeding around 40 polyps on the orange sun coral, one by one, everyday, makes my hands weak, and me sleepy :P

I do it about twice a week :)

Jimmy

BLACK SUN CORAL... where and how much you bought it at...

LCK .... mine was 35, most of the smaller frags was around 25.

But just a note before anyone decides to buy a black sun coral: Its is very difficult to see it open initially..much more difficult than the orange variant, or at least from my humble experience. and they are slightly more difficult to feed as well, as the polyps don't usually group together like the orange sun, usually each branch is quite a distance apart. One branch , a few polyps.

And in case the picture not clear enough, the polyps has a green tinge on them :)

I am now praying doubly hard that my tank will be up and coming and ready for all these beauties. woohoo.

Don't worry...they are everywhere, waiting to be brought home and fed :lol:

All of a sudden, this inherently appears to be my thread.

My opologises to the thread starter...paiseh paiseh :paiseh: