Nakazoru 180G in the making...

nakazoru

• SRC Member

Loads to learn from you and this thread :D Subscribing...

Love your "Golden Bridge", very nice handiwork. Where did you find the black egg crate?

Would love to see the final product when the LRs are arranged, wanna see how you hide the PVS pipes too. :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Loads to learn from you and this thread :D Subscribing...

Love your "Golden Bridge", very nice handiwork. Where did you find the black egg crate?

Would love to see the final product when the LRs are arranged, wanna see how you hide the PVS pipes too. :D

Bro;

TY.

Black egg crate from LFS in Toa Payoh, chance by it as it is old stock. Not many LFS has black, only white.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

seems that u got the NSW already... hahaha..

btw, for black eggcrate, i think i saw it at C328 and petmart...

btw, bro, u very brave to do a 3 way view... hahaha

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Nice DIY project! I'm interested at how you're gonna hide those PVC pipes as well... If you add tiny holes along the pipes and put a compact power head, you can have good flow even within your rock work. Looking forward to your tank progress!

• SRC Member
Nice DIY project! I'm interested at how you're gonna hide those PVC pipes as well... If you add tiny holes along the pipes and put a compact power head, you can have good flow even within your rock work. Looking forward to your tank progress!

Good idea! Almost like closed loop circulation within the rockscape!

I'm definitely gonna consider something like this if I ever rescape...

• SRC Member
seems that u got the NSW already... hahaha..

btw, for black eggcrate, i think i saw it at C328 and petmart...

btw, bro, u very brave to do a 3 way view... hahaha

Hi Kelvin;

TY for the Ah pek contacts, 3 way view, I like it but also worried that space constraint with such a scaping. cross my finger.

Bro Peace,

Yes I did tot of a circulation within the pipe and have drilled holes already (Also so the pipe works will not float). But I do not think I will attached a pump to it as I do not like the idea of a wire running in the middle. But I can seriously think about again for hiding.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

by drillings holes, you are promoting population of pods.

ur "bridge" is really nice and a good idea. i like it.

or perhaps, you can tee off one of the returns to ur pipes. can hide ur return pipe beneath the sand.

happy reefing mate.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Hello....

Is the circled PVC pipe necessary for support? 'cos it will be difficult to hid that trunk unless it is hidden in the sandbed... However, I am no architect and view from the "beauty" point of view....

:)

PS: be careful about the width of the bridge... may be difficult to hide in three way view tank.... If I were you, I will likely make it into a tall tower form and use liverock to hide the pillar... My reasoning is that it is difficult to stack a stable rock work after certain height.... somehow, the height get to sink after sometimes....

post-2911-1209106144.jpg

post-2911-1209107304.jpg

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member
With egg crate...

Wah kaoz, bro... :bow::bow::bow:

For a while, i am still figuring out if u make the 'ladder' for your own usage to reach your tank or as a rockscape structure.. hehe :paiseh:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
hmmm little bit waste of space...

but u can still modify ur bridge mahz no worries...

:rolleyes: is it gonna b sps or lps n softies???

maybe u can go for a valley design below ur brigde..

Hello clown master;

Yes it is a waste of space and definitely constriant further the placement of corals, meaning it will restrict the the ability to put more corals. It is a drawback when I put it on papers that it will be a minimalist layout of the main tank with mostly SPS and softies.

The valley design, do you mean a split into a "two tower"? I try not to as it will soon be populated by SPS which I may not see the valley anymore. What I trying to do now is a underground canyon below the top level.

by drillings holes, you are promoting population of pods.

ur "bridge" is really nice and a good idea. i like it.

or perhaps, you can tee off one of the returns to ur pipes. can hide ur return pipe beneath the sand.

happy reefing mate.

Hee;

That I was thinking of it for a day, now getting to it.

Hello....

Is the circled PVC pipe necessary for support? 'cos it will be difficult to hid that trunk unless it is hidden in the sandbed... However, I am no architect and view from the "beauty" point of view....

:)

PS: be careful about the width of the bridge... may be difficult to hide in three way view tank.... If I were you, I will likely make it into a tall tower form and use liverock to hide the pillar... My reasoning is that it is difficult to stack a stable rock work after certain height.... somehow, the height get to sink after sometimes....

Hi Kareen;

Long time no see, how is the Live phyto going, still alive?

All PVC is fully enclosed with only holes drilled so it is a network of pipework with no open/terminating end, thus the necessary pipework. It is a provision for underground flow if I so require it.

A high tower with four 13mm PVC pillar may be wobbly that I phantom, unless it is surrounded by LR to give a enforced support meaning more LRs. I wanted more water volume. By the way the width of tank is 2ft, the pipework is 1ft so my allowance for hiding pipe is 1ft, hope it is enuf

Wah kaoz, bro... :bow::bow::bow:

For a while, i am still figuring out if u make the 'ladder' for your own usage to reach your tank or as a rockscape structure.. hehe :paiseh:

Primary reason is to lessen the LRs easing rescaping, then more sw, then some holes for LS to hide, then underground flow.

Yes it does lessen my burden to reach the bottom which is 2 1/2ft, now my Tee shirt always get wet....

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

Haha :P:lol: Tat shirt of urs will always be wet when u try to reach the bottom of the tank or when doing ur maintenance work. Try getting a 5 step ladder to assist u in future, helps u in many ways when u got a 21/2 ft tank deep like mine :heh: Bro, wats ur equipment lists for the tank ?

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Haha :P:lol: Tat shirt of urs will always be wet when u try to reach the bottom of the tank or when doing ur maintenance work. Try getting a 5 step ladder to assist u in future, helps u in many ways when u got a 21/2 ft tank deep like mine :heh: Bro, wats ur equipment lists for the tank ?

aiyo, that problem of wet tee shirt can be solve easily lah.. dun wear t-shirt lah... :whistle

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Bro Nakozuru need to get a snokering mask set also so that you can dip your head in there as well.. hehe...

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member

Ladder already got.

My equipement as

Return pump RD 12K/hr

Skimmer Tunze 9020

Chiller Hailea 1/2HP

To buy and fix:

Luxeon K2, to be fixed by a technician by my old office.

Tunze 6045 wavemaker x 2

CR, yet to decide.

Topup device, tom aquatic vacuum dose pump with float switch.

All yet to fire up.

aiyo, that problem of wet tee shirt can be solve easily lah.. dun wear t-shirt lah... :whistle

Actually I already took out Tee after getting it wet.

Bro Nakozuru need to get a snokering mask set also so that you can dip your head in there as well.. hehe...

But I afraid of shark attack.

Now I did a little rock scape, only to notice I did not have enuf LR and sand....

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Ehhh... Faster more pics! :lol::bow::lol:

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• SRC Member

I agreed with Kelstorm of ur wavemaker ain't sufficient. consider higher powered wavemakers ?? :unsure: U definitely need more rocks to go with ur huge tank pal :upsidedown:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
6045 x 2? Bro, not strong enuff lah...

Pianz... That is what everybody told me when they heard me use 6045... I did not like 6100, as it is so bulky... Maybe can take a look at the pix if it is possible. Also I seen the new polario from Rio, big turnover, dun know good or not, controllable also...

Ehhh... Faster more pics! :lol::bow::lol:

I got a full time job you know. :pirate: I try lah..

I agreed with Kelstorm of ur wavemaker ain't sufficient. consider higher powered wavemakers ?? :unsure: U definitely need more rocks to go with ur huge tank pal :upsidedown:

See the pix and give me suggestion. The RD will be reduced due to head loss...

post-2605-1209442595.gif

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
6045 x 2? Bro, not strong enuff lah...

fully agree with kelstorm...IMO... at least 6055 x 2 (if size of pump matter to you)..otherwise 6100 x 2

OR Sureflow (large-impeller) with Maxijet X 2 or 3..will give you the same effect..(use suregrip magnet to hold your pump)..

• SRC Member

Fr Rd, the break up flow will be 6000LPH for each rtn pipe(U break up the rtn flow into 2 pipes), tat is equivalent to 2x6060 tunze. Ur tank is 5x2x2.5, which requires higher water turnover, so 2 x 6045 might not really do much flow in ur huge tank. Long run might have dead spot and diatoms forming or even red algae/slime.

For my tank size of 4x2x2.5, I'm already using rtn MD55(7000LPH,correct me if I'm wrong, memory failing me :eyeblur: ) and a Tunze 6060(6000LPH) for water circulation. Till now, Touch wood, have not experiences slime, diatoms or nuisance hair algae growth :rolleyes:

So can consider 6100 for ur wavemakers for better circulation. I think matter of time for u to upgrade :pinch:

Hi Bro Fishtalk,

Your memory really failed you this time - MD55 flow is only 1080 gph which is about 4000+ lph. ;)

:peace:

Fr Rd, the break up flow will be 6000LPH for each rtn pipe(U break up the rtn flow into 2 pipes), tat is equivalent to 2x6060 tunze. Ur tank is 5x2x2.5, which requires higher water turnover, so 2 x 6045 might not really do much flow in ur huge tank. Long run might have dead spot and diatoms forming or even red algae/slime.

For my tank size of 4x2x2.5, I'm already using rtn MD55(7000LPH,correct me if I'm wrong, memory failing me :eyeblur: ) and a Tunze 6060(6000LPH) for water circulation. Till now, Touch wood, have not experiences slime, diatoms or nuisance hair algae growth :rolleyes:

So can consider 6100 for ur wavemakers for better circulation. I think matter of time for u to upgrade :pinch:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
fully agree with kelstorm...IMO... at least 6055 x 2 (if size of pump matter to you)..otherwise 6100 x 2

OR Sureflow (large-impeller) with Maxijet X 2 or 3..will give you the same effect..(use suregrip magnet to hold your pump)..

6055 adds only 1000l/hr... Sureflow also bulky, maxijet I dun know...

I was actually thinking if I did not acheive the flow I desire, I add 2 x 6045 in the middle of the tank... Any way, I will start up RD first to see how bad it is.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Hi Bro Fishtalk,

Your memory really failed you this time - MD55 flow is only 1080 gph which is about 4000+ lph. ;)

:peace:

Oh my bad :ph34r: memory... old and frail liao... :pinch:

LOL, I guess that's the meaning of senior members. LOL

:D

Oh my bad :ph34r: memory... old and frail liao... :pinch:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381