peacemaker's office nano 2

peacemaker

• SRC Member
He's using 70W MH with DIY Pendant. Click on the link above to view his tank in detail.

I might sell the 2 rocks to clear space. Will let you know once I've decided. ^_^

Let me know ok? Don't have to be really nice ones. But not the common brown ones either. Would appreciate if you could frag some of each mushroom, of cos will pay you for it. :)

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's using 70W MH with DIY Pendant. Click on the link above to view his tank in detail.

I might sell the 2 rocks to clear space. Will let you know once I've decided. ^_^

hi bro, just to check with u where u get all these beautiful zoo.... cos i been searching all over the lfs but just can't able to find any nice nice one?? can pm me where can get??

thank

• Senior Reefer
hi bro, just to check with u where u get all these beautiful zoo.... cos i been searching all over the lfs but just can't able to find any nice nice one?? can pm me where can get??

thank

hi pauline u can try golden octopus at serangoon. ALOT of zoos. got some quite nice one if u look carefully ;)

hi pauline u can try golden octopus at serangoon. ALOT of zoos. got some quite nice one if u look carefully ;)

hi lemon lemon... actually i just went today but dont have those nice nice one..... beside there still got any more place selling those nice zoo??

thank n grd

• SRC Member

I get them from the LFSs and fellow reefers, just like everybody else. The 2 places that I frequent more often are Iwarna and GO (convenience is a major factor for me... one is near my home, and the other, near my work place :eyebrow: ).

I guess its also the choice that you make? I make it a general rule of the thumb to buy stuff that I really really like, and not at the spur of a moment. I buy corals that I want to look and look, over and over again without getting tired of them.

Another major factor is, better corals are very often more expensive. Strike a balance between how much you want it vs how much you're willing to pay for it, and that will shape your reef. Hope this helps. ^_^

• Senior Reefer
hi lemon lemon... actually i just went today but dont have those nice nice one..... beside there still got any more place selling those nice zoo??

thank n grd

u can get frags from fellow reefers as what peacemaker said. most are happy to give/sell/trade with you. if u prefer larger rocks, u can go to LFS and LFF. henry at marinelife occasionally bring in zoos. GO always have zoos, sometimes dont have nice ones, sometimes have those gems. IWARNA also have zoos. But sometimes not nice. I guess it is just luck when u happen to chance upon a nice specimen in a shop, then u faster grab it :)

One thing about zoos, they usually have alot of pests. when u buy zoos, keep a sharp eye for any nudibranch, spiders, snails etc etc. remove thoes visible ones with plyers or toothpick or ur finger nails haha. but be careful not to hurt the polyps. You can dip it in a bucket of freshwater with lugols iodine solution for a few minutes to kill all pests too.

• SRC Member
One thing about zoos, they usually have alot of pests. when u buy zoos, keep a sharp eye for any nudibranch, spiders, snails etc etc. remove thoes visible ones with plyers or toothpick or ur finger nails haha. but be careful not to hurt the polyps. You can dip it in a bucket of freshwater with lugols iodine solution for a few minutes to kill all pests too.

Erm... I'm equally guilty of not using gloves when I handle zoas, but I would like to give a gentle reminder that zoas contain toxins that can be fatal to us. Pls read this link. Try as much as possible not to have direct contact with zoas.

• SRC Member

This is one of my tiniest zoa frags. It didn't do well when I first brought it home from a LFS, and was constantly attacked by algae. I had to brush them off lightly, but now only 3 polyps survived. They are finally opening up slowly. Hope they can grow more. It looks much more striking orange in-person.

post-13914-1233490405.jpg

Hi bro peacemaker, your tank really getting nicer and you seems to get more and more gems huh :eyebrow:

But if you dun mind, cos just imo, :paiseh: your scaping now looks ok but I just feels that the middle portion of your tank seems quite impossibleto place any corals or zoas with your present scaping. But of cos if you feels comfortable wif it, is ok. Cos you are the one looking at your tank everyday. :upsidedown:

Just my tot and oso hopes to see your tank getting even nicer and nicer too :bow:

• SRC Member
Hi bro peacemaker, your tank really getting nicer and you seems to get more and more gems huh :eyebrow:

But if you dun mind, cos just imo, :paiseh: your scaping now looks ok but I just feels that the middle portion of your tank seems quite impossibleto place any corals or zoas with your present scaping.

Just my tot and oso hopes to see your tank getting even nicer and nicer too :bow:

Hey... no I don't mind at all. Pls feel free to give your honest feedback. :paiseh:

This is actually a temporary scaping. I'm still in the planning stage of an upgrade, so I left it as it is after the thorough cleaning. I've seen the video on aquascaping posted not very long ago, and I'll be planning to do something similar to one of the featured aquascapes. :eyebrow:

Hey... no I don't mind at all. Pls feel free to give your honest feedback. :paiseh:

This is actually a temporary scaping. I'm still in the planning stage of an upgrade, so I left it as it is after the thorough cleaning. I've seen the video on aquascaping posted not very long ago, and I'll be planning to do something similar to one of the featured aquascapes. :eyebrow:

:eyebrow: Great! I will be watching! :upsidedown:

• Senior Reefer

yes zoas extremely poisonous. contains palytoxin. when use fingernails, careful dun burst the zoas XD. gently scrape lor..i sometimes do to get rid of snails...easier...but....yea poisonous, becareful!!

• SRC Member

Hey Peacemaker, whats the secret to making your mushrooms grow fast? Do you dose any additives? Iodine? What lighting are you using as well? Your corals seem to be thriving.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member
Hey Peacemaker, whats the secret to making your mushrooms grow fast? Do you dose any additives? Iodine? What lighting are you using as well? Your corals seem to be thriving.

Erm... I think there's no secret to it. Chance, perhaps? I've always been a semi-lazy reefer, so not very consistent in water changes, checking perimeters and maintaining them. :paiseh:

If you're talking about the above mentioned yumas, ever since I've shifted them to the corner (less light but same flow), they seem to be doing better. I think it was wilson's tank that experienced yumas opening up bigger than usual after installing the scrubber? I think that plays a part too for my tank.

I do dose Marine Snow and trace elements on a weekly basis.

bro peace got the charm....lol. Nice tank. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler