peacemaker's office nano 2

peacemaker

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I used this time to check on my zoas again for nudis, and performed Lugol's dip. No surprise, there were some still hanging around. More importantly, I managed to clear lots of eggs from my colonies. They seem to like the more expensive ones... <_<

post-13914-1240321041.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi there i have some questions about your lightset if you don't mind. Also could i have your tank measurements?

1. Where did you purchase it? Currently I have only seen it for sale at mizuworld.com. Is there any LFS which has the unit for sale? I want to do some measurements as my tank is an odd size.

2. My tank is a 26 litre tank which measures 40x25x26. As you can see my length is very weird being slightly less than 1.5 feet. So I'm wondering if the fixture will actually fit on my tank. Could you measure the distance between your led moonlights? I want to make sure the lights will actually hit inside the tank or it wouldn't be worth it.

3. Can the lights run with only 3 tubes in the fixture? I think 96watts might be overpowered for my tank, I want to try out with 72 watts first.

4. Just to confirm is this your lightset?

http://mizuworld.com/index.php?time=124040...ail&pid=950

I noticed that your fixture has a cooling fan but it is stated on the website the fan only comes with PL sets.

Thanks!

• SRC Member
Hi there i have some questions about your lightset if you don't mind. Also could i have your tank measurements?

My tank measurements are 1.5 x 1.5 x 1 Ft.

1. Where did you purchase it? Currently I have only seen it for sale at mizuworld.com. Is there any LFS which has the unit for sale? I want to do some measurements as my tank is an odd size.

I got mine from Petmart.

2. My tank is a 26 litre tank which measures 40x25x26. As you can see my length is very weird being slightly less than 1.5 feet. So I'm wondering if the fixture will actually fit on my tank. Could you measure the distance between your led moonlights? I want to make sure the lights will actually hit inside the tank or it wouldn't be worth it.

It is just nice for my tank, so the brackets will definitely cover the LED moonlights for your length.

3. Can the lights run with only 3 tubes in the fixture? I think 96watts might be overpowered for my tank, I want to try out with 72 watts first.

You can always pull out a tube... :upsidedown:3 switches to control 2 pairs of lights and the LEDs.

4. Just to confirm is this your lightset?

http://mizuworld.com/index.php?time=124040...ail&pid=950

I noticed that your fixture has a cooling fan but it is stated on the website the fan only comes with PL sets.

There is no cooling fan. Its a vent that allows the heat to escape to the surface.

Thanks!

Hope this helps...

• 2 weeks later...
After 12 hrs of plucking the algea off the rocks, corals, and cleaning the tank, filter and skimmer... :pinch:

u haf a lot of nice stuffs bro, maybe can find a time n go ur office to view the tank since it is so near my place? :)

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member

Wow, your tank really looks so much clearer after the cleaning (stating the obvious haha). The whole tank really lights up and shows the colours of all the gems inside, effort well spent bro! :bow:

Forgot to reply you in my tank thread:

I don't keep the chaeto clean - the seahorses and starfish do! Hahaha. On my part, I take the whole basket out to rinse in old tank water and remove 1/2 of the chaeto so it can grow again.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Haha... I wish you could, but it'll be tough getting past security... :P

Managed to get your firefish?

haha yup...gt it oreadi, bt it din realli dare to ###### out, oways kena wack by my purple fire, sigh..can onli c it during feeding time for tat few seconds :(

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup