peacemaker's office nano 2

peacemaker

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I'm not exactly looking for blue zoas only, bro...

The ones you've taken pics of are nice too. So is the one from hijackng.

I just felt that my tank is overcrowded now and it needs time to settle before I can get more.

An upgrade is a must for growth of my corals. ^_^

• SRC Member
I'm not exactly looking for blue zoas only, bro...

The ones you've taken pics of are nice too. So is the one from hijackng.

I just felt that my tank is overcrowded now and it needs time to settle before I can get more.

An upgrade is a must for growth of my corals. ^_^

You have nice collection of zoo. :)

I still can see plenty of space for more rock and zoo. so dont stop there... :lol:

• SRC Member
You have nice collection of zoo. :)

I still can see plenty of space for more rock and zoo. so dont stop there... :lol:

Thanks, bro! Can't beat your collection. :paiseh:

My clowns are getting restless and demanding more swimming room already, so its either upgrades or letting go some corals.

• SRC Member

Erm... they are quite hardy, IMO. They will discard their crown if they are too stressed, but don't be mistaken that they are dead! The crown will grow back after some time, given that the conditions have improved and they have stablized.

• SRC Member
no escaping of secrets lolx..

u al lgot go c e black tang at pacific marine ???

never leh, i never go down to pacific.. eh if i'm not wrong i also didn't see the black tang at iwarna, or maybe i never pay attention.. :lol:

• SRC Member

Happy Chinese New Year, everyone! ^_^

I fixed up an Ice-Probe to keep things cool during this long holiday (I'll be off for the entire CNY week). Went back to office this evening to check on things. Temp was showing 28oC with no A/C and no ventilation at all, so I guess it's pretty effective. :whistle

post-13914-1232971543.jpg

• SRC Member

I noticed most of my corals were blooming and seem to be expanding more. Perhaps its the higher temp...? Its usually around 25oC to 26oC with the A/C on during office hours.

2 US zoas from the recent Iwarna shipment didn't do very well, and they were half opened. The other half was covered with cobweb like substance. I had to remove them, brush the stuff off and gave them a Lugol's dip. 1 frag was still quite mushy, so I had to salvage the good part and threw the bad parts away. Sigh... this was due to extensive hours in the bag. :pinch:

When I brought them home, I didn't bring them to office until the next day. When I took them out, there was a bad smell (rotting) and I had to run through the usual routine of dipping them in Lugol's and inspecting for nudis before putting them into the tank. Even my fingers smelled after washing due to handling them. :sick: Lesson learnt: always make sure that any livestock or corals make it to the tank asap after buying them. Erm... and make it a habit to wear gloves. <_<

• Senior Reefer

u have all the luck with zoos as i can see in ur photos. SO FAR all zoos i buy, all dun do well. Killed 3, and the 3 US zoos i have now, the colours like not so nice. Maybe its my lighting.... so much for super easy...

• SRC Member
u have all the luck with zoos as i can see in ur photos. SO FAR all zoos i buy, all dun do well. Killed 3, and the 3 US zoos i have now, the colours like not so nice. Maybe its my lighting.... so much for super easy...

Well... no one said reef keeping was easy... :whistle

Some zoas just don't work out... but don't give up! Try cheaper zoas for a start. Once you are able to keep them happy, move on to better zoas. :rolleyes: