Aquascape Changed

reefex

• SRC Member

be patience manz...ur tank is a small tank...rem not to overstock.

Sad to hear that your beautiful regal tang is gone. But dun feel discouraged. Try again next time...for my previous tank, i took about 7 months later to intro tang. And bear in mind, tang are prono to ich. if you QT well and feed well..it can make it.

Also, rem to control your feeding, dun led to high PO4 and NO3...oresle the alage will come knocking on your DOORS! :D

Hope these helps.....personal exp only! :D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
be patience manz...ur tank is a small tank...rem not to overstock.

Sad to hear that your beautiful regal tang is gone. But dun feel discouraged. Try again next time...for my previous tank, i took about 7 months later to intro tang. And bear in mind, tang are prono to ich. if you QT well and feed well..it can make it.

Also, rem to control your feeding, dun led to high PO4 and NO3...oresle the alage will come knocking on your DOORS! :D

Hope these helps.....personal exp only! :D

Tks bro

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

For other unseen info on this thread can be found at www.reefex.weebly.com pls visit this site just for fun.

-skimmer-less-

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Added a clam (maxima crocea) and a Galaxy coral not looking very :) clam oso anyone can help me??? :bow:

Fotos are as following...

post-14611-1211275583.jpg

post-14611-1211275697.jpg

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Erm, just a kind word of advice. Try and hold your urge to stock up so quickly. I didn't manage to control myself and was spending alot just to replenish dead LS and corals in the beginning. Are you still operating without a chiller? Your clam and other corals will not trive in high temperatures. Care to share what lights you are using?

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member
Erm, just a kind word of advice. Try and hold your urge to stock up so quickly. I didn't manage to control myself and was spending alot just to replenish dead LS and corals in the beginning. Are you still operating without a chiller? Your clam and other corals will not trive in high temperatures. Care to share what lights you are using?

Sure i'm using 2 x PL lights 1 bulb can produce dual colour (blue and white) at 36 watts each. Bought these at aquamarin Tg Katong. Ah Heng's service is great I spent about 10 minutes ++ asking about each LS i bought the clam and galaxy asked him for advice about the clam position. I showed him the fotos of my FTS he adviced me to place the clam there as for the Galaxy coral he adviced me to place it away from other corals but that position is made up by me in the end so I just chuck the Galaxy coral at the position you guy seen in the above picture. Regarding chiller actually no i'm just operating with a dymax colling fan the specifications are shown in one of the foto i posted. Tks for commenting i'd better try to improve the temp. problem. Trying very hard :pinch: to keep temp at optimum temp. But the Galaxy coral is catching up today sorry no pics to entise you cos bo eng lots of paper work to complete... Btw my tank is a nano cube JBJ

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Upzzz... Used this product from AquaPharm A & B anyone knows what it does to my tank??? Uploaded the pics...

post-14611-1211875308.jpg

post-14611-1211875399.jpg

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Bro,

I know u cannot wait to get more corals, I know that you luv your tank more than anyone else, I know you luv AM more than anyone else! :D

But let me give u some advice, be damn bloody patience... :D Don't keep overstocking & monitor your fish tank and behavior. Rem, keep in cool & relax! :D

That 2 part additives is like trace elements. Follow instructions and dose accordingly...dun be KS and dose daily!

And u must read more before adding any more corals..adding a clam....mmm..comments, pray hard...and sometimes, it will survived. i dun know whether can survive that long, cos I have no luck in clams at all ever since i started reefing...maybe tried once and dun really like it. And water temp is your major obstacle to clear off, you got to remedy this probls before heading in more corals! if im not wrong, monitor the coloration of your corals...in long run with that temp, corals will start to lost it colors. and some corals might melt and died off.

hope these helps! :D

• SRC Member
Bro,

I know u cannot wait to get more corals, I know that you luv your tank more than anyone else, I know you luv AM more than anyone else! :D

But let me give u some advice, be damn bloody patience... :D Don't keep overstocking & monitor your fish tank and behavior. Rem, keep in cool & relax! :D

That 2 part additives is like trace elements. Follow instructions and dose accordingly...dun be KS and dose daily!

And u must read more before adding any more corals..adding a clam....mmm..comments, pray hard...and sometimes, it will survived. i dun know whether can survive that long, cos I have no luck in clams at all ever since i started reefing...maybe tried once and dun really like it. And water temp is your major obstacle to clear off, you got to remedy this probls before heading in more corals! if im not wrong, monitor the coloration of your corals...in long run with that temp, corals will start to lost it colors. and some corals might melt and died off.

hope these helps! :D

I was told by Vivien the woman at AM that dose it twice a week. So I did it lor... LOL anyway the uncle from Tg Katong branch not Ah heng told me the 2 part additives will help grow coraline algae can you verify it with me??? Btw you're right with the part I luv ... I luv... I luv...

Tks for all your advices,

Sincerely,

Vlamingi_cont

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
I was told by Vivien the woman at AM that dose it twice a week. So I did it lor... LOL anyway the uncle from Tg Katong branch not Ah heng told me the 2 part additives will help grow coraline algae can you verify it with me??? Btw you're right with the part I luv ... I luv... I luv...

Tks for all your advices,

Sincerely,

Vlamingi_cont

Additives need to contain calcium content in order for coralin algae to grow, read the ingredients on the bottles. Magnesium is important too ...

• SRC Member
Additives need to contain calcium content in order for coralin algae to grow, read the ingredients on the bottles. Magnesium is important too ...

Aha.. then tiz product will make coraline algae grow!!! So anyone out there wants to grow coraline algae use this product as Part A contains Calcium and B contains magnesium snd some strontinum... Hmm not bad a product to use... :yeah: finally found a product to grow coraline algae...

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Added a new toy product of Resun guesses of the product are welcome will probably reveal it sometime next week... Clue: something to help reduce stress of bioload.

Regards,

Vlamingi_cont

Stay tuned...

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
Added a new toy product of Resun guesses of the product are welcome will probably reveal it sometime next week... Clue: something to help reduce stress of bioload.

Regards,

Vlamingi_cont

Stay tuned...

resun brand??reduce bioload...mmm....bro, is it a nitrate reducer? BUT i have no idea that resun brand came out nitrate reducer leh? If not, then its a FR? thats for PO4 remover... anyway, wild guesses...reveal soon pls!

And abt coraline alage...it comprised of few elements not only calcium...maintain ur calcium and mag, plus heavy dosage of actnic lights...and patience! :D

• SRC Member
resun brand??reduce bioload...mmm....bro, is it a nitrate reducer? BUT i have no idea that resun brand came out nitrate reducer leh? If not, then its a FR? thats for PO4 remover... anyway, wild guesses...reveal soon pls!

And abt coraline alage...it comprised of few elements not only calcium...maintain ur calcium and mag, plus heavy dosage of actnic lights...and patience! :D

Reveal soon??? OKAY la on account of you... It's actually a nano skimmer but looks like its collection cup is flooded with water do you noe why??? Me hav no idea why... And bubbles flooding too... hmm... : :heh: Pls tell me wad's happening... :bow::thanks: Following are fotos for your info...

post-14611-1212306054.jpg

post-14611-1212306073.jpg

post-14611-1212306096.jpg

post-14611-1212306110.jpg

post-14611-1212306127.jpg

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

bro, adjust ur water level.... too high...

it should be collecting foam.... not water! and pls empty ur waste...once it 1/2 full.... :D

• SRC Member
refer to this link...see how i setup and take notice of the water level... :D

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...40&start=40

Oh same brand ah... It got my notice when 1 of the staff installed it... :eyebrow: not a bad price...

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Video wanted to post it loooong ago but forgotten so

My old aquascape will try to post the video of my new aquascape... Enjoy it with the charming tune...

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

From the video, could see tat u really love fishes and thus can't tahan to add more fishes to ur tank. :pinch: think its everyone's word of cautions, reduce the fish stocks.

More fishes > more feeding

More feeding > high nitrates + high Phosphate

high PO4 + NO3 > blooming of nuisance algae

Could see tat u added tangs too. Ur tank space might be quite constrain and not gd for their growth. Better to solved the Temperature issue and do u change water ? I'm looking at the worse scenario of a crash tank if u continue to do the following;

1. add more fishes

2. efficiency of the skimmer

3. more feeding

4. add a chiller to bring down the temp

5. understanding of how to keep a reef tank

Sorry if i sounded harsh on it but it good to see a healthy tank of corals and fishes. Once u get all the above inplace, U'll sure enjoy the hobby with resounding rsults and pleasure ... Cheers :rolleyes:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
From the video, could see tat u really love fishes and thus can't tahan to add more fishes to ur tank. :pinch: think its everyone's word of cautions, reduce the fish stocks.

Could see tat u added tangs too. Ur tank space might be quite constrain and not gd for their growth. Better to solved the Temperature issue and do u change water ? I'm looking at the worse scenario of a crash tank if u continue to do the following;

1. add more fishes

3. more feeding

Sorry if i sounded harsh on it but it good to see a healthy tank of corals and fishes. Once u get all the above inplace, U'll sure enjoy the hobby with resounding rsults and pleasure ... Cheers :rolleyes:

Can't agree more. Point no. 5 is the most important, and should be dealt with immediately for your current livestock (esp. for your tangs), and for future inhabitants. No offense, but we really don't wanna see you having to post photos of your dead fishes again. :pinch:

• SRC Member
Can't agree more. Point no. 5 is the most important, and should be dealt with immediately for your current livestock (esp. for your tangs), and for future inhabitants. No offense, but we really don't wanna see you having to post photos of your dead fishes again. :pinch:

Sure! I'll nv post them again cos they really :sick: I'll improve on situation. Will not add anymore new fishes oredi. Tank should be stable by now oredi 6 months 6 more months 1 yrs oredi... Thx for following this thread will post somemore updates.

Regards,

Vlamingi_cont

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Some updates of tank bought a pair of fan from Pasir Ris fish farm. Pictures are as following its abit noisy. And skimmer is working oredi... :) And a silly way to mimic cloudy skies... And fan comes with switch... Marvellous design, but too bad from China... Fan cools down temp at 0.1 C per 5 mins it takes approximately 1 hr to bring down 1.2 C but its very noisy.

post-14611-1212560340.jpg

post-14611-1212560407.jpg

post-14611-1212560415.jpg

post-14611-1212560433.jpg

post-14611-1212560474.jpg

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

1. add more fishes

3. more feeding

I'm changing water at the fastest this evening latest by Sunday. Anyway you are right but installing a chiller is out of my power but will continue looking for cheap and reliable chillers.

Cheers guys,

Vlamingi_cont

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
Looking good! Just manage your water top offs well to prevent too much fluctuation in salinity. ^_^

Happy reefing!

Cheers!!!

Regards,

Vlamingi_cont

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D