Ivertebrate???

post-14611-1212645946.jpg

post-14611-1212645989.jpg

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
its your clam's foot

What should I do is the clam hurt??? :pinch::bow: pls HELP!!! ahhhh....

-skimmer-less-

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

I found this on wikipedia quite shock to be frank... See this link marvels... wikipedia actually provides info of reef keeping....

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Had you guys heard of Wayne Shang the world class aquarist??? Well here is something to share and marvel at... YouTube video

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
Video wanted to post it loooong ago but forgotten so
My old aquascape will try to post the video of my new aquascape... Enjoy it with the charming tune...

Wow urs is 24 gallon have lots of fish mine after my tangs died become barren and not adding anymore cos very hard gt high PO4 and NO3.Do you live in SengKang???Looks like a sengkang neighbourhood from the cloud pic.

In my humble opinion you should stop getting more and more fishes/corals.And you have 3 bloody damsels which is going to be bloody cos they will surely figh for territory in that smalll tank and you have a unicorn fish which will grow super big.....

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Wow urs is 24 gallon have lots of fish mine after my tangs died become barren and not adding anymore cos very hard gt high PO4 and NO3.Do you live in SengKang???Looks like a sengkang neighbourhood from the cloud pic.

Punggol you Sengkang ar?? And re the unicorn tang its actually a Vlamingi tang... Yes agree with you it will get very big, I had it since abt January or something oso from AM... Hehe

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
But no means the clam's foot should be exposed mah... Haven seen clams do this before...

I also not sure abt that but the clam is doing well now...

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Done a little rescape and changed water FINALLY... The water change lasted for abt 1 to 1 1/2 hrs and It's very late until abt 11 nearly 12 o' clock....

Some photos of rescape... And the clove polyps is not a new addition... It dropped behind the aquascape sometime ago...

post-14611-1213152230.jpg

post-14611-1213152285.jpg

post-14611-1213152367.jpg

post-14611-1213152620.jpg

post-14611-1213152684.jpg

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
u may want to shift the clam to the top as it needs strong light to survive. But i think yr normal light may not be sufficient for the clam. Maybe some clam experts can advise better than me. Cheers.

Hi bro,

I dunno that much but should be enuff as the total light produced by that lightset is 72 watts so divide here divide there 3 watts per gallon.. Think should be enuff... And oops forgot to mention the pics exposure I turned it down... So might look a bit dark cos if dun turn down will look very very bright...

Regards & cheers,

Vlamingi_cont

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Btw is 28.4ËšC an acceptable temperature??

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

goodness...u have money to buy all the good food(life spectrum, plankton...), all the fishes and corals...and dun have MONEY to BUY CHILLER ???

just look at it....all the money u spent on fishes and corals equals ? and all the money u lost on bleach corals and dead fishes ? in a long run, u will be spending loads and loads of money and ur livestock are surviving.

a drill is simple...ask around to borrow one or ask ur friends to help u with it. by hook or by crook, save enough money for one.

The money and time to fix one chiller up will compensate for all the time and money u taken to keep restocking, all the time for u being paranoid and stress, all the sSLEEPLESS nights and all the QUESTIONS which runs along with it.

with fan, u need to worry alot alot abt evaporation rate and it is crazy cos long long time ago, i did that too.

next is ur 28degree is okay but that "OKAY" is at the upper end of risk..high temperature will encourage algae growth too.

And how come ur regal tang died ? is it feeding ? regal tang even that they do get ich frequently, if u give them good food to build up their immune system, they are really hardy fishes. once they are eating, feed them life spectrum everyday at first to build their immune and then feed them with all the other food.

once they are feeding crazily, everything will be fine.

anyway if u are still overstocking, do not get any wrasse, because they are very sensitive to phosphate.

• SRC Member
goodness...u have money to buy all the good food(life spectrum, plankton...), all the fishes and corals...and dun have MONEY to BUY CHILLER ???

just look at it....all the money u spent on fishes and corals equals ? and all the money u lost on bleach corals and dead fishes ? in a long run, u will be spending loads and loads of money and ur livestock are surviving.

a drill is simple...ask around to borrow one or ask ur friends to help u with it. by hook or by crook, save enough money for one.

The money and time to fix one chiller up will compensate for all the time and money u taken to keep restocking, all the time for u being paranoid and stress, all the sSLEEPLESS nights and all the QUESTIONS which runs along with it.

with fan, u need to worry alot alot abt evaporation rate and it is crazy cos long long time ago, i did that too.

next is ur 28degree is okay but that "OKAY" is at the upper end of risk..high temperature will encourage algae growth too.

And how come ur regal tang died ? is it feeding ? regal tang even that they do get ich frequently, if u give them good food to build up their immune system, they are really hardy fishes. once they are eating, feed them life spectrum everyday at first to build their immune and then feed them with all the other food.

once they are feeding crazily, everything will be fine.

anyway if u are still overstocking, do not get any wrasse, because they are very sensitive to phosphate.

I see but the Regal Tang is not feeding but feeding on Algae... But as for Chiller I dunno as my sis dun quite supprot me in this way and my mom too as I'm still the youngest in the family Sec 3...

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Setting up a chiller is no small matter for a student with no income cos his parents are paying.

IMO, temp of 28'C is ok for corals and fishes. Just that you got to constantly top up water due to evaporation from use of fan. A chiller has many advantages and really good to have for a reef tank, but to some reefers, factors such as noise, warm air, space for chiller and high electricity consumption (in times when inflation/prices are going up) can be a important consideration.

• SRC Member
I see but the Regal Tang is not feeding but feeding on Algae... But as for Chiller I dunno as my sis dun quite supprot me in this way and my mom too as I'm still the youngest in the family Sec 3...

haha..okay. no wonder it died. next time try to get a pellet feeding one. or at least a frozen food feeding one.

they dun support u ar ? haha...come on. one day the boy will need to grow into a man ;) work for one urself slowly.

get a cheap one and not too high wattage. urs is a small tank so electricity-wise is still not that demanding compare to big tanks.

actually ice probe by dolphin brand(if i remember correctly), is not bad and doesn't cost that much. the price of one made-in-china mp3 player. i sure nowadays the students can afford one china brand mp3 player.

cos another reefer friend of mine also using that.

school holiday go pick up some simple part-time job can fetch u that money.

sec 3 already...use the tank as a way to build ur own independance lor.haha

perseverance will pave the way. :)

in this society, nowadays it's abt how u work ur way out to get things done in the ur own way. ;)

becos in the end it's up to u...

u can give up the idea on chiller and use fan but ended up been so paranoid and worried abt ur livestock.(btw, to have ur clam losing it's foot, is not a good indication.it could bemore likely be stress.)

or get a chiller and let things play its part naturally.

if me, i will get a chiller becos i dun wanna keep topping up water everyday...like that how to study ??? hahaha

tell that to ur parents. ops...hehehe..

• SRC Member
haha..okay. no wonder it died. next time try to get a pellet feeding one. or at least a frozen food feeding one.

they dun support u ar ? haha...come on. one day the boy will need to grow into a man ;) work for one urself slowly.

get a cheap one and not too high wattage. urs is a small tank so electricity-wise is still not that demanding compare to big tanks.

actually ice probe by dolphin brand(if i remember correctly), is not bad and doesn't cost that much. the price of one made-in-china mp3 player. i sure nowadays the students can afford one china brand mp3 player.

in this society, nowadays it's abt how u work ur way out to get things done in the ur own way. ;)

u can give up the idea on chiller and use fan but ended up been so paranoid and worried abt ur livestock.(btw, to have ur clam losing it's foot, is not a good indication.it could bemore likely be stress.)

if me, i will get a chiller becos i dun wanna keep topping up water everyday...like that how to study ??? hahaha

Haha actually most part my father do la except some stuffs like partial water changes and cleaning skimmer but half the tank water changes he doesn't allow me to do... He is afraid that I create a chaos and the electrical plug all tio shock.. haha chiller can but if this coming exam pass with flying colours then consider getting a RSM with artica 1/15 hp chiller then things are different liao... Haha, regarding the topping up of water actually not that often leh abt 1 week once...

Cheers...

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Also forget to include in previous post... Where to get an ice probe AM??? $80 sufficient and most importantly how it works??? I heard of IceProbe but never see it in real life... Tks for the help that are not purchasable by money from you guys your info will be greatly appreciated...

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

AM's creation??? Will come out a surprise always waited since the start of this thread... Guesses ae welcomed... :eyebrow:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D