Vinc's 2ft Cube Tank

• SRC Member

Hello all reefers,

after decomming my old small tank, and with months of preparation, my new tank is finally up and ready, commissioned on Good Friday, 21 March 2008. :lol:

some specifications of my new setup,

2ft Cube Tank with External Overflow

Length: 24"

Width: 24"

Height: 24"

Lighting: DElighting 2ft 8tubes Vossloh eBallasts with built-in 2x cooling fans

Return: Eheim 1262

Wavemakers: 1x Koralia3 and 1x Koralia Nano

my tank shares a combined system with my Dad's 48" (l) x 20" (w) x 24" (h) ,

utilising a common Sump Tank 48" (l) x 24" (w) x 20" (h) ,

Lots of Live Rocks as bio filtration

27" RM Beckette Skimmer

Refugium filled with DSB and Chaetos

20" RM Fluidize Reactor with RowaPhos and RowaCarbon

Resun C-0500 Chiller

i will be doing lots of updates and lots of pictures to come! Happy Reefing!

cheers and thanks all for visiting,

Vincent :peace:

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

my tank when it first arrived many months ago.. :rolleyes:

with 2 holes drilled for DIY external overflow to come..

post-9599-1209988634.jpg

• SRC Member

my lighting.. 8 tubes.. some say its over-kill.. :lol:

thank DE for this impressive lightset.. its very well-done..

post-9599-1209990855.jpg

post-9599-1209990866.jpg

Bro,

Your tank is looking good. Look forward for more upadates ^_^

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Fishs : 1x Cardinalfish, 2 x false Percula Clownfish

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

Tank Thread : [url=http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83257]

• SRC Member
Bro,

Your tank is looking good. Look forward for more upadates ^_^

thanks bro, my tank's nothing spectacular compared to the experts here.. haha..

why so long never see u update ur tank.. :)

• SRC Member

Vince, well done for the scape. It has a very nice drop and natural. There's lotsa of space for gems on the sand bed... :rolleyes: Care to take some shots of the sump tank and FTS ???

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Very nice scaping indeed! :bow: Looking forward for more pics with lotsa gems!

Is Koralia Nano good enough for a 2 Ft cube? Thought the flow is quite weak even in my 1.5 Ft nano tank. Are both your Dad's tank and yours sharing the same skimmer? Is it sufficient? :huh:

• SRC Member
Vince, well done for the scape. It has a very nice drop and natural. There's lotsa of space for gems on the sand bed... :rolleyes: Care to take some shots of the sump tank and FTS ???

hi bro fishtalk, thanks thanks.. you've helped in many ways as well.. :)

sure, will take a shot of both our tanks as well as the sump tank tml.. now no lights liao.. :snore:

that is very nice scaping bro! u tank will look very nice with more corals in.. :wub:

hi eviliztic, thanks slowly stocking up now.. as my tank still quite new, only around 2mths.. but got advantage as got huge water volume.. too bad pocket not as huge.. :lol: i promise there are more corals to come!

Bro, beautiful scaping. Very very beautiful. I sense something special happening here.

hey bro Mbmc, long time no see.. thanks for ur kind words.. nothing special here la haha :lol: .. how's ur tank gems.. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Very nice scaping indeed! :bow: Looking forward for more pics with lotsa gems!

Is Koralia Nano good enough for a 2 Ft cube? Thought the flow is quite weak even in my 1.5 Ft nano tank. Are both your Dad's tank and yours sharing the same skimmer? Is it sufficient? :huh:

hi peacemaker :thanks: , ur nano tank is looking good too.. the koralia nano is actually just to circulate the water behind the rockscape at the corner, and also because the nano got sentimental value, can't bear to sell.. :lol::lol:

yes me and my dad's tank utilise the same sump system and equipment, the skimmer so far so good, one main reason is because my dad's going low stocking, only got 2 tangs contributing to the bio-load.. so i can take advantage of his volume.. :D to make up for the undersized skimmer, i've a 2ft x 1ft 6" DSB with lots and lots and lots of chaetos as additional nutrient export.. however will still be monitoring the nitrate levels very closely as well.. :)

• SRC Member
hi peacemaker :thanks: , ur nano tank is looking good too.. the koralia nano is actually just to circulate the water behind the rockscape at the corner, and also because the nano got sentimental value, can't bear to sell.. :lol::lol:

yes me and my dad's tank utilise the same sump system and equipment, the skimmer so far so good, one main reason is because my dad's going low stocking, only got 2 tangs contributing to the bio-load.. so i can take advantage of his volume.. :D to make up for the undersized skimmer, i've a 2ft x 1ft 6" DSB with lots and lots and lots of chaetos as additional nutrient export.. however will still be monitoring the nitrate levels very closely as well.. :)

My tank's doing ok. Apart for my stupid cockup when I left the chiller on one whole day. Getting the upsize bug liao, need more clear water space. Now looking too busy.

Let me know when you harvest your chaetos...I buy from you. For some reason I cannot understand, I cannot grow chaetos in my sump. They just keep reducing in amount, only got small clump that can maintain now.

• SRC Member
My tank's doing ok. Apart for my stupid cockup when I left the chiller on one whole day. Getting the upsize bug liao, need more clear water space. Now looking too busy.

Let me know when you harvest your chaetos...I buy from you. For some reason I cannot understand, I cannot grow chaetos in my sump. They just keep reducing in amount, only got small clump that can maintain now.

haha the upsize bug comes when u run out of space to put new gems in.. :eyebrow:

my chaetos initially was just a fist size, now have grown to fill half the dsb space, will be needing some time to fully fill up the intended space den i harvest for u no problem bro.. i experience good growth with those 2ft FL bought cheap cheap from Aquastar.. now i temporarily using my hopar t5 on it (because got some corals temporarily housing there), the chaetos doesn't look as good and lush green as b4.. will be using back the FL soon..

• SRC Member

Haha... I know what you mean. The Koralia Nano is just nice and cute... :paiseh:

Yup, I was half guessing that your father's tank could be lightly stocked. Talking about up-size bug, I'm starting to get "infected" as well. :pinch: Pls kindly share a little more about your DIY external overflow? Do you pics on the setup?

• SRC Member
Haha... I know what you mean. The Koralia Nano is just nice and cute... :paiseh:

Yup, I was half guessing that your father's tank could be lightly stocked. Talking about up-size bug, I'm starting to get "infected" as well. :pinch: Pls kindly share a little more about your DIY external overflow? Do you pics on the setup?

hehe, if u get 'infected', we sure will be on the lookout for ur new project.. :D

k i'll try to take pics of the overflow system tml as well.. keep u updated! cheers!

• SRC Member

Hi Mbmc,

try to locate ur cheato at mid flow area and try also to on ur lights as much as possible. slow flow and insufficient light might causes the cheato to slowly change color and dies off. Mine grows n grows :lol:

Sorry Vince to HJ ur thread :fear:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

no problem la bro fishtalk! can talk anything under the sun here! :lol:

ya i think the flow is important also.. mine has lots of micro bubbles trapped inside nowadays because of the skimmer output.. not sure if this will affect the chaetos ornot.. :fear:

• SRC Member
no problem la bro fishtalk! can talk anything under the sun here! :lol:

ya i think the flow is important also.. mine has lots of micro bubbles trapped inside nowadays because of the skimmer output.. not sure if this will affect the chaetos ornot.. :fear:

Not sure whether the output of the skimmer will do any gd for the cheatos but my cheato is left in a sump compartment whereby water flows thru the cheato readily and I.M.O, slightly higher flow does gd for cheatos in term of growth... :rolleyes: I've at times trim some cheatos by giving it away to reef buddies :lol: I'm using a 3 ft HO T5 light in the sump and on it most of the time. Wasting $$$ on elect thou :fear:

Wat's in ur dad's tank now? Saw ur dad a few days ago and had great chat with him... :P

• SRC Member
Not sure whether the output of the skimmer will do any gd for the cheatos but my cheato is left in a sump compartment whereby water flows thru the cheato readily and I.M.O, slightly higher flow does gd for cheatos in term of growth... :rolleyes: I've at times trim some cheatos by giving it away to reef buddies :lol: I'm using a 3 ft HO T5 light in the sump and on it most of the time. Wasting $$$ on elect thou :fear:

Wat's in ur dad's tank now? Saw ur dad a few days ago and had great chat with him... :P

wa if i continue using t5 for it den electricity will go too high liao.. :P

yeap think i will increase flow for my chaetos as well, lots of micro bubbles trapped there..

hehe yar my dad always tell me he saw u.. u 2 sama sama one huh.. horhor what are u guys doing during working hours huh.. :eyebrow: