Flame-Tail's New 3 Ft Setup

Flame-Tail

• SRC Member
Hey Bro... Very nice set-up! Your tank is always so neat & clean! Will definitely drop by your place to ogle at your tank real soon! ;)

Fully agreed with ur statement. He really takes pain to scrub and wash and does it over n over again. Really got to :bow: to him. Given me, I'll have bought almost everything new :fear:

Jo, ur tank seems to be like well stocked with corals. How's ur skimmer and chiller coping ?

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Fully agreed with ur statement. He really takes pain to scrub and wash and does it over n over again. Really got to :bow: to him. Given me, I'll have bought almost everything new :fear:

Jo, ur tank seems to be like well stocked with corals. How's ur skimmer and chiller coping ?

I have a problem if I want to purchase corals man. No more space. Gonna move my 2 footer outside and let it be simple tank with live rocks and couple of softies. Tog with my 3yr old maroon and striped damsel. Can also use it next time as temporary holding tank for corals. :eyebrow:

Skimmer doing ok . Using the Macro AS350 modified to work with a reef octopus needlewheel pump as the macro pump is crap.

As for the chiller, Temp is between 26-27 deg and kicks in when it gets to 28deg. Does not kick in that often so guess it's ok. One thing that i've learnt is that if your area is well ventilated the chiller kicks in less often. as the tank temp does not increase that fast.

Bro, start tuition before u start....lol....

Planning before you start is good. My 2 cents worth of opinion. Happy reefing.

thanks bro... once i start my tank will visit u for tuition

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler