petrol discount at bukti timah road

bwilly

rumor has it that these fuels are mixed with kerosene to dilute its contents and what have you. rumor lah.

coz some crazy guy from toyota club singapore actually went to try it out. filled his car with normal, non-discounted petrol and did a mileage check. then he filled with discounted petrol and also did a mileage check.

found out that on average, he will lose 3-4km/L. by the way its an average result, with him not changing gears above 2.4rpm, speed never above 100km/h, no dragging of gears etc.

hahaha. but I still don't care. in the end its cheaper for me! :P

you pump which company one?

rumour lah.

maybe if u says in JB can lah.

but kero with petrol going to "hurt"

your car engine. I doubt it will be the case here.

I am pumping BP, cause I got M1 card, gives

me bonus of 25cents for every $10. Otherwise,

I may pump SPC98. Mileage SPC seem to gives me

betta.

In JB, I go pump Vpower. 70cents+ per litre. damn

cheap n "power".

haha don't bother doing a V-power in Singapore. its so much more combustible, thereby making your engine drink more than it should.

I use Mobil 98 because of my speedpass *which I conveniently lost of late. shit* and NTUC points.

and oh. must go fill as much as you want. coz I doubt this 15% is here to stay. I have to contend myself with 10%. quite mad of me to go down all the way to bukit timah just to enjoy 15%. :P

by the time I reach home, I used the 5% difference worth of petrol liao. hehz

I never once use Vpower in Singapore.

only in JB. but I dun find any difference between

Vpower to octane 98 or 95 even.

Suppose to includes cleaning properties to clear

your engine. So called "myth" that Vpower burns

much more.

but there's a few guys that swear by it. as in

those using platinuim spark plugs. (gain in x.1 secs

doing century sprint) barely can feel.

hmm my previous Corolla was using V-power. the only difference I can feel is at the low-end part of the torque. aka low-end RPM. that one really got significant difference. anything above 4rpm, and it was dull. very dull. =\

the only one true way to clear your engine and your exhaust of carbon is to pump in octane 95 fuel and rev as hard as you can! (= that amount of increased revs actually aids in clearing solidified carbon and what have you along the tracts. :P

• SRC Member

I still think that it's causing such an inconvenience for the road users especially when the people are queueing all the way out to the main road.. I've actually seen TP there trying to control the traffic or to book the motorist..

• SRC Member
I still think that it's causing such an inconvenience for the road users especially when the people are queueing all the way out to the main road.. I've actually seen TP there trying to control the traffic or to book the motorist..

I am one of those culprits

I actually encounter the TP too

They ask me to move off

I ask them base on what ground

They LL …..

Yeap! I agree that it is causing obstruction

But 15% leh …………

Since road allows people to turns into the kiosk

Simply by queuing up does not breach any traffic offences

They have no right to ask motorist to move off

dino07.gif

• SRC Member
While trying to save another 2-5% off petrol, we queue up and wait for our turns, leaving the engines to run and drink petrol at the same time... How ironical. :eyebrow:

My full tank is about $50

5% equate to $2.50

About 2 litres

It can gives me about 25 km longer travel distance

Queueing up won't consume 2 litres of petrol, I suppose? <_<

dino07.gif

• SRC Member
hmm my previous Corolla was using V-power. the only difference I can feel is at the low-end part of the torque. aka low-end RPM. that one really got significant difference. anything above 4rpm, and it was dull. very dull. =\

the only one true way to clear your engine and your exhaust of carbon is to pump in octane 95 fuel and rev as hard as you can! (= that amount of increased revs actually aids in clearing solidified carbon and what have you along the tracts. :P

Anyone from the petroleum industry want to comment on this remark made by a 20 years veteran from one of the top 3 petrol companies in the world : "don't bother with 95, 98 etc as they are all the same... these are just marketing gimmicks".

Words from someone who used to make S$20K a month from one of these companies......